Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus

Old Today, 19:28   #6031
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Vitamin D helps fight and avoid infection

http://news.sky.com/story/coronaviru...-find-12081132

But we knew that over 4 months ago, so why hasn’t it been publicised more?
I think there was a strong suspicion that it might but also concerns over if the data really told that story. People with vitamin D deficiencies were doing worse than those without but those with vitamin D deficiencies are also people who may not go out such as the elderly who were already susceptible to COVID. So it was a correlation does not imply causation thing. Remember at the start of this there was also the suspicion that ibuprofen would make COVID worse which turned out not to be true.

So they do a study and it turns out that, at least this time, there is evidence their suspicion is correct. Public Health authorities though are rightly wary of promoting health advice they aren't entirely convinced by.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old Today, 19:38   #6032
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Sod the bloody NHS. All we hear about is the NHS, NHS, NHS.

What is the point of an NHS that cannot provide the service element in its name? Cancer? Kidneys? Hip replacements, etc. The NHS isn't exactly overwhelmed with CV vases now plus they have the Nightingale capacity.

Barbed wire round the doctors' surgery; Gestapo surgery front desk only capable of saying "No".

My mask shields me from other emitted particles; my plain galss spectacles reduces particle ingress to my eyes; hand gel galore. What's the big problem?

If the younger proportion run wild, they're not affecting the more vulnerable people who protect themselves sensibly.

And the Guvmin hasn't a clue what do do.

You won't get many old folk clapping for the Nhs who have abandoned them.
Old Today, 19:41   #6033
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronzed appealMad Max has a bronzed appeal
Mad Max has a bronzed appealMad Max has a bronzed appealMad Max has a bronzed appealMad Max has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Sod the bloody NHS. All we hear about is the NHS, NHS, NHS.

What is the point of an NHS that cannot provide the service element in its name? Cancer? Kidneys? Hip replacements, etc. The NHS isn't exactly overwhelmed with CV vases now plus they have the Nightingale capacity.

Barbed wire round the doctors' surgery; Gestapo surgery front desk only capable of saying "No".

My mask shields me from other emitted particles; my plain galss spectacles reduces particle ingress to my eyes; hand gel galore. What's the big problem?

If the younger proportion run wild, they're not affecting the more vulnerable people who protect themselves sensibly.

And the Guvmin hasn't a clue what do do.

Totally agree with that, it's an absolute joke now, bloody sick of all this shit.
Mad Max is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 19:42   #6034
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal

Vitamin D is a vitamin, there is no downside from promoting it. Yes topping up your vitamin d levels ensures your immune system is at 100% but it won't boost it beyond that