Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Bolt vs Blot

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Bolt vs Blot
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 10:44   #31
Qtx
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Probably outside the M25
Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Posts: 3,473
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Bolt vs Blot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I however do find your attitude surprising about not complaining to Ofcom or the ASA considering you do so heavily believe the ad is misleading and leaving it to others..I'd have thought you would be the first to do so.
Well you thought wrong

Not so long ago it was stated that Virgin Media had 25 adverts banned in the 18 months prior to that post. Just shows that the misleading adverts will get banned by the ASA without needing any input from me.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2013, 11:17   #32
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
 
Maggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 74
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,378
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Bolt vs Blot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Well you thought wrong

Not so long ago it was stated that Virgin Media had 25 adverts banned in the 18 months prior to that post. Just shows that the misleading adverts will get banned by the ASA without needing any input from me.
OK but expect people to get rather fed up with the constant anti-VM rants and to respond in kind remembering they are entitled to have an opposing viewpoint provided everyone remembers that they should not bait,flame,troll or take a thread too far off topic.
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:09   #33
Qtx
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Probably outside the M25
Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Posts: 3,473
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Bolt vs Blot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
they should not bait,flame,troll or take a thread too far off topic.


I'm out of this thread for now as its only you that can't keep on topic.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:28   #34
Pierre
cf.mega poster
 
Pierre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: floating in the ether
Posts: 13,331
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Bolt vs Blot

I've always found the Sky-philes strangely amusing.

I have a vested interest in VM, as I work for them. I also like to ensure that some of the ignorance trying to be passed of as knowledge on here is rebutted with actual facts.

I work for VM but I don't have any of their products as I can't get them where I live.

I've always wondered what stake the sky-philes have in their conviction, they are just a companym that provide a service and take your money. Why with all the tub thumping and flag waving and frothing of the mouth when criticising VM?

I mean when I truly support something it's either because I have a financial or emotional stake in it. I support VM because I work for them, I support Everton because I'm from that city.

But to support a service provider that I have no stake in??????

It would be like me banging on about how Scottish Power is better than Npower and mocking those who are customers of Npower, or extelling the virtues of Yorkshire water, and shouting down anyone that says Severn Trent is better.

It's all a bit sad really.
__________________
The wheel's still turning but the hamsters dead.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 18:27   #35
kwikbreaks
Inactive
 
Join Date: May 2010
Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
Posts: 2,082
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
Re: Bolt vs Blot

I suspect that most of those promoting Sky etc. have had their fingers burned by VM in the past and find adverts such as Bolt v Blot so disingenuous as to annoy them.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 19:34   #36
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Up North - Where It's Grim
Age: 59
Posts: 2,593
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Bolt vs Blot

Just seen the advert, the bit with Richard playing with the train set was very funny (and I thought very subtle). I'd go as far as saying one of their best adverts yet.

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:11   #37
Bogof
Guest
 
Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO
Posts: n/a
Re: Bolt vs Blot

I love Virginnmedia's "Terminology".

They don't have "limits" but you can trigger STM by going over the "Threshold"

An now they have created "Regular broadband
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 20:10   #38
Chad
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Posts: 5,137
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Bolt vs Blot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikbreaks View Post
I suspect that most of those promoting Sky etc. have had their fingers burned by VM in the past and find adverts such as Bolt v Blot so disingenuous as to annoy them.
As a SKY broadband customer, who up until 7 months ago had 100mb from Virgin, I decided to take the Bolt Vs. Blot challenge. I noticed on the first page Virgin state:

"Find out what speed you need to keep up with your digital life"

So first I confirmed there is 2 of us using the internet at home. I then selected all 5 devices being smartphone, desktop, tablet, games console and smart TV. Finally I confirmed we use the internet for catch up TV, emailing & browsing, social networking, downloading music and playing games.

The race is over with Blot being blown out of the water. The result from Virgin:

"Up to 60 Mb fibre optic broadband is perfect for your needs because...All five of you can play the latest games online and stream and download your favourite music & movies on your tablet and pc - 8 times faster than regular broadband."

We manage alright with our 16mb connection with no problems. I find this all very misleading from Virgin. People who don't know any better might be persuaded to commit to a broadband service they don't really need for 18 months.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2013, 21:16   #39
Mr Banana
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Bolt vs Blot

The advert didn't get banned after all and was not deemed to be misleading either

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/a...t-virgin-media
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 19:07   #40
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker
 
Sirius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,105
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Bolt vs Blot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
The advert didn't get banned after all and was not deemed to be misleading either

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/a...t-virgin-media
Indeed so gratifying that for once the BT fans lost, they know who they are

Quote:
Meanwhile, the ASA also ruled that the ad did not misleadingly exaggerate the difference in Virgin Media’s service compared with other providers.

"We considered Virgin had demonstrated that they delivered consistent superfast broadband speeds to their customers, whilst a significant proportion customers on other superfast packages did not, on average, achieve superfast speeds, [and so] we concluded that the ad was not misleading on this point," the ruling noted.
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user

https://nobaraproject.org/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:45.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum