Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures
Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2020, 22:14   #196
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Sigh. Let's get back to basics.

What was the problem with what I said?
I think it was this wasn’t it

Quote:
Self isolating doesn't mean not having contact with any other household, it means not having contact with anyone.

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
If there was an exception that you can relocate to ensure you live near a support network then I don't think that's a rule that has been communicated clearly either.
There has been lots of stuff that hasn’t been communicated clearly, but we are in muddy waters here.

There is nothing black and white in this situation, all guidance issued is with caveats and exceptions for all kinds of reasons.

This the reason the current media feeding frenzy is abhorrent.
Old 23-05-2020, 22:28   #197
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I think it was this wasn’t it
Ok so let me break it down for you.

I stated -

"Self isolating doesn't mean not having contact with any other household, it means not having contact with anyone. Surely the best bet would be isolating as much as possible from the wife in the same house and hoping that the virus didn't hit him bad, not travelling 250 miles and potentially spreading it in a garage and to the other household. With the position he holds, I'm sure some emergency care could have been arranged if he did get the virus bad."

In reply to -

"They were still self-isolating, in that they didn't have contact with any other household. That is the underlying criteria."

You stated -

"That’s just plain wrong. We’ve been at this over two months now."

You stated the above but didn't quote the full post which explained the context of the self isolating issue.

To help you with the above. I stated -

"Surely the best bet would be isolating as much as possible from the wife in the same house"

Which answers the quote which you missed the important bit out and just put this.

"Self isolating doesn't mean not having contact with any other household, it means not having contact with anyone."

I then stated -

"Whats wrong about it?"

You stated -

"Self isolation within a family Unit is perfectly correct."

Which is what I stated originally if you had bothered to either read or quote correctly.

I stated -

"In the context it was written it was quite clear what was written."

Which I've explained above.

You then stated -

"What was written."

I could go on but I'm sure you understand anyway. You clearly knew you were in the wrong so just started acting funny for the sake of it.
Old 23-05-2020, 22:41   #198
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
What they're actually doing is dismissing it without an outright denial of the claims since they don't know if The Guardian and The Mirror are holding anything back.
Spot on. Ministers have been caught out once already as they've tweeted in support of Cummings only to subsequently find out there were more apparent transgressions which they were not briefed on. They're not going to make the same mistake again.
I can see Guardian and Mirror journalists collecting a few press awards and doubtless the rest of the media will be looking for additional angles. The Sunday political shows wil be working overtime on it!

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I've already said a few posts ago that I'm no fan of Cummings.

As to the other key individuals to whom you alluded, the Scottish MO did break the rules because she had no reasonable excuse to visit her 2nd home, unlike Cummings who was protecting his child.

What's the matter with you or are yo so blinded by your resentment of Cummings?

I'm an admirer of Cummings but unlike some, I acknowledge he is a flawed genius.
Were the laws that the Conservative Party enacted not sufficiently clear for you as well as Cummings?
Let's not forget, Boris Johnson was sacked by Michael Howard in 2004 after issuing denials to newspaper stories which were undermined by later revelations.
On a lighter note: https://twitter.com/Kevin_Maguire/st...863616/photo/1

Last edited by 1andrew1; 23-05-2020 at 22:44.
Old 23-05-2020, 22:44   #199
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Spot on. Ministers have been caught out once already as they've tweeted in support of Cummings only to subsequently find out there were more apparent transgressions which they were not briefed on. They're not going to make the same mistake again.

I can see Guardian and Mirror journalists collecting a few press awards and doubtless the rest of the media will be looking for additional angles. The Sunday political shows wil be working overtime on it!
And that's another problem. The press hounds are focusing on the smell of blood, ignoring the human instinct to protect children (which you avoid acknowledging) and ignoring what matters - CV, care homes, deaths etc.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 23-05-2020, 22:45   #200
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes they probably did before lockdown, we did. ........newsflash, nurseries and child care has been shut since lockdown...................
Not for key workers*, they haven’t...

(and Cummings counts as a key worker).

*a family friend runs 10 nurseries, and she is open for children of key workers
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 23-05-2020, 22:54   #201
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Ok so let me break it down for you.

I stated -

"Self isolating doesn't mean not having contact with any other household, it means not having contact with anyone. Surely the best bet would be isolating as much as possible from the wife in the same house and hoping that the virus didn't hit him bad, not travelling 250 miles and potentially spreading it in a garage and to the other household. With the position he holds, I'm sure some emergency care could have been arranged if he did get the virus bad."

In reply to -

"They were still self-isolating, in that they didn't have contact with any other household. That is the underlying criteria."

You stated -

"That’s just plain wrong. We’ve been at this over two months now."

You stated the above but didn't quote the full post which explained the context of the self isolating issue.

To help you with the above. I stated -

"Surely the best bet would be isolating as much as possible from the wife in the same house"

Which answers the quote which you missed the important bit out and just put this.

"Self isolating doesn't mean not having contact with any other household, it means not having contact with anyone."

I then stated -

"Whats wrong about it?"

You stated -

"Self isolation within a family Unit is perfectly correct."

Which is what I stated originally if you had bothered to either read or quote correctly.

I stated -

"In the context it was written it was quite clear what was written."

Which I've explained above.

You then stated -

"What was written."

I could go on but I'm sure you understand anyway. You clearly knew you were in the wrong so just started acting funny for the sake of it.
I’m not reading all that.

God you can make a boring subject even more unbearable.
Old 23-05-2020, 23:00   #202
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52786206
Quote:
The prime minister's chief aide Dominic Cummings is facing fresh allegations that he breached lockdown rules.

He and the government had said he acted "reasonably and legally" by driving from London to County Durham to while his wife had coronavirus symptoms.

But the Observer and Sunday Mirror are now reporting he was seen a second time in the North East, after recovering from his own Covid-19 symptoms and returning to work in London.
The latest.
Old 23-05-2020, 23:01   #203
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

*cough* Being the pedantic non-believer of most media outpourings that I am, I'm wondering if they had the symptoms anyway.

Were he and his wife tested, or did they just 'announce' that they had the symptoms?

Not for one minute suggesting that it was just an excuse for a family jolly to get away from the hotspot that was London . . .
Old 23-05-2020, 23:02   #204
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Not for key workers*, they haven’t...

(and Cummings counts as a key worker).
No he doesn’t.

Quote:

Local and national government
This only includes:

those administrative occupations essential to the effective delivery of the COVID-19 response
or delivering essential public services, such as the payment of benefits, including in government agencies and arms length bodies
Just an advisor, and not medical or scientific, I wouldn’t count him as “essential”

Quote:
*a family friend runs 10 nurseries, and she is open for children of key workers
Know her do you? Intimate with the Cummings friends are you?
Old 23-05-2020, 23:06   #205
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
I’m not reading all that.

God you can make a boring subject even more unbearable.
Also known as, I can't admit to being wrong so will just be ignorant and try to be funny.

Next time you want to chip in on a debate, please make sure you read and quote properly.
Old 23-05-2020, 23:08   #206
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Also known as, I can't admit to being wrong so will just be ignorant and try to be funny.
No, it was just boring, and I don’t have to try to be funny.
Old 23-05-2020, 23:08   #207
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
And that's another problem. The press hounds are focusing on the smell of blood, ignoring the human instinct to protect children (which you avoid acknowledging) and ignoring what matters - CV, care homes, deaths etc.
You don't protect a child by locking them in a small confined space with two people who had the virus, for several hours. (which you avoid acknowledging)
Old 23-05-2020, 23:11   #208
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (900 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Good Grief, what a lot of excitement of nothing ....

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 23-05-2020, 23:12   #209
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
You don't protect a child by locking them in a small confined space with two people who had the virus, for several hours. (which you avoid acknowledging)
No, you don’t.

You ensure you have a network around you that are there to look after the child if you become incapacitated. You also ensure that there is a network around you that can deliver food and other essentials (as you cannot leave the house) soeven if you are ill you can still feed the child and wipe it’s backside.

And if the network to give you peace of mind is 250 miles away, so be it. I’d do it.
Old 23-05-2020, 23:12   #210
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
No, it was just boring, and I don’t have to try to be funny.
It's only boring because you can't read and quote properly. If you don't want to participate in a conversation then don't start one.
Closed Thread