Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
07-07-2011, 11:13
|
#136
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Another month, another set of problems. Where is this permanent fix? I'm bored of this now, it shouldn't be the customers job to constantly be chasing for a fix. Another month and VM have lost another long term customer. This is ridiculous.
|
|
|
08-07-2011, 09:29
|
#137
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 211
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
What's missing will take a look
|
|
|
02-10-2011, 07:22
|
#138
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Dear God, this isn't funny any more. Will I have to report this problem every month for the rest of my life?! VM have had EIGHT MONTHS to find a permanent fix for this issue and I have spent a ridiculous amount of time complaining about it. I am disgusted.
This month FRINGE series 1, 2 & 3 is missing. NIKITA is missing. HEROES is missing. They are not even available when I use 'Search' like they used to be- so the service has actually got worse. The WHAT'S NEW folder, like every month is 4 pages of duplications. Why do we have to do all the leg work, and why is VM not monitoring this issue? I am so fed up at this point. I am choosing to spend my money with VM and month after month I am disappointed. If this problem can't be fixed, I would expect some form of compensation for all the time I have wasted. I have gone from annoyed to plain angry. This is shocking service from such a large company.
|
|
|
02-10-2011, 09:03
|
#139
|
|
Grumpy Fecker
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,098
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Kane
Dear God, this isn't funny any more. Will I have to report this problem every month for the rest of my life?! VM have had EIGHT MONTHS to find a permanent fix for this issue and I have spent a ridiculous amount of time complaining about it. I am disgusted.
This month FRINGE series 1, 2 & 3 is missing. NIKITA is missing. HEROES is missing. They are not even available when I use 'Search' like they used to be- so the service has actually got worse. The WHAT'S NEW folder, like every month is 4 pages of duplications. Why do we have to do all the leg work, and why is VM not monitoring this issue? I am so fed up at this point. I am choosing to spend my money with VM and month after month I am disappointed. If this problem can't be fixed, I would expect some form of compensation for all the time I have wasted. I have gone from annoyed to plain angry. This is shocking service from such a large company.
|
Did you have to shout like that, It makes it very hard to read.
Just checked on my box and yes you are correct and its not good enough
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user
https://nobaraproject.org/
|
|
|
02-10-2011, 09:42
|
#140
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius
Did you have to shout like that, It makes it very hard to read.
Just checked on my box and yes you are correct and its not good enough
|
Hehe, I do apologise for 'shouting', but what else can I do when VM are not listening?! On the VM community forum, the thread has been ignored for months. Virgin Media are breaching the terms of the contract we all have with them. They are not providing the full service we are paying for and they have had more than a fair amount of time to fix the issue. I want some of my money back!
|
|
|
02-10-2011, 09:51
|
#141
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,048
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Have you rung VM Customer Services to discuss this?
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
02-10-2011, 10:06
|
#142
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: VM XL TV with V+HD, VM XL BB, VM M Telephone
Posts: 9
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
@ Hugh
They don't know what you are on about.
|
|
|
02-10-2011, 10:52
|
#143
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Every time I ring to report any fault, the stock response is "We'll send a technician out." I have already had two new boxes since reporting this issue. I would prefer to keep it in the forums where people are actually aware of the problem. I will not waste my breath explaining the issues to yet another person who misunderstands the issue. All the information detailing this fault is here in this thread (and here in this thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...322133/page/29 ). We should not have to repeat ourselves over and over. The information is here, and the VM technicians should be using it and not pleading ignorance. Eight months is a disgrace.
---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------
Just found 30 Rock season 4 on the VM Player on my pc, and guess what?! It's missing from my tv service! Who could have guessed that?!
|
|
|
02-10-2011, 12:54
|
#144
|
|
cf.addict
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 211
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
I have just checked Fringe and Nikita do not go live until monday 3rd @ 6:00am
Heroes should be under US box sets as is 30 Rock
|
|
|
02-10-2011, 14:39
|
#145
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by essjay
I have just checked Fringe and Nikita do not go live until monday 3rd @ 6:00am
Heroes should be under US box sets as is 30 Rock
|
Why then are both Nikita and Fringe being advertised as 'available now'? I have neither Heroes or 30 Rock listed anywhere, not even in 'search'.
|
|
|
02-10-2011, 14:54
|
#146
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,048
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Sugar, can I ask where it is being advertised as "available now" (Nikita & Fringe)?
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
02-10-2011, 15:23
|
#147
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh
Sugar, can I ask where it is being advertised as "available now" (Nikita & Fringe)?
|
The video is on a loop whenever you go into TV Choice.
|
|
|
02-10-2011, 19:37
|
#148
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Kane
The video is on a loop whenever you go into TV Choice. 
|
They always put the promo on at the beginning of the month, it would be better if they had a stap line of the actual date it's available from...it happened with Yogi Bear a while back.
|
|
|
02-10-2011, 20:19
|
#149
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Airdrie, Scotland
Services: VIP 50 with TIVO
Posts: 74
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by essjay
I have just checked Fringe and Nikita do not go live until monday 3rd @ 6:00am
Heroes should be under US box sets as is 30 Rock
|
Hello again essjay, just for your information, I only have Party Down Series 1 (SD and HD) in the US Boxsets folder.
|
|
|
05-10-2011, 04:31
|
#150
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tonbridge
Services: VIP50
Posts: 70
|
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by essjay
I have just checked Fringe and Nikita do not go live until monday 3rd @ 6:00am
Heroes should be under US box sets as is 30 Rock
|
I too only have Party Down Series 1 in US box sets.
I reported a whole bunch of BBC shows missing in the thread on the official forum, no one from Virgin has responded in over a month. We don't even get the canned "our engineers are still investigating this" anymore.
I've lost track of the number of times this problem has supposedly been escalated and investigated.
In the 8 months I've been a Virgin customer, TV Choice has never worked correctly for me.
I will also note that I've had more internet service outages during that time than I had in total during my 12 years on ADSL. So I'm not a very happy customer.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:36.
|