Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2011, 11:13   #136
Sugar Kane
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
Sugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the rough
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

Another month, another set of problems. Where is this permanent fix? I'm bored of this now, it shouldn't be the customers job to constantly be chasing for a fix. Another month and VM have lost another long term customer. This is ridiculous.
Sugar Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2011, 09:29   #137
essjay
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 211
essjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

What's missing will take a look
essjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:22   #138
Sugar Kane
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
Sugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the rough
Angry Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

Dear God, this isn't funny any more. Will I have to report this problem every month for the rest of my life?! VM have had EIGHT MONTHS to find a permanent fix for this issue and I have spent a ridiculous amount of time complaining about it. I am disgusted.

This month FRINGE series 1, 2 & 3 is missing. NIKITA is missing. HEROES is missing. They are not even available when I use 'Search' like they used to be- so the service has actually got worse. The WHAT'S NEW folder, like every month is 4 pages of duplications. Why do we have to do all the leg work, and why is VM not monitoring this issue? I am so fed up at this point. I am choosing to spend my money with VM and month after month I am disappointed. If this problem can't be fixed, I would expect some form of compensation for all the time I have wasted. I have gone from annoyed to plain angry. This is shocking service from such a large company.
Sugar Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:03   #139
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker
 
Sirius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Warrington
Age: 66
Services: Every Weekend
Posts: 17,098
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Kane View Post
Dear God, this isn't funny any more. Will I have to report this problem every month for the rest of my life?! VM have had EIGHT MONTHS to find a permanent fix for this issue and I have spent a ridiculous amount of time complaining about it. I am disgusted.

This month FRINGE series 1, 2 & 3 is missing. NIKITA is missing. HEROES is missing. They are not even available when I use 'Search' like they used to be- so the service has actually got worse. The WHAT'S NEW folder, like every month is 4 pages of duplications. Why do we have to do all the leg work, and why is VM not monitoring this issue? I am so fed up at this point. I am choosing to spend my money with VM and month after month I am disappointed. If this problem can't be fixed, I would expect some form of compensation for all the time I have wasted. I have gone from annoyed to plain angry. This is shocking service from such a large company.
Did you have to shout like that, It makes it very hard to read.

Just checked on my box and yes you are correct and its not good enough
__________________
Do yourself a favour and ditch Microsoft and their Spyware infested OS
I am a happy Linux user

https://nobaraproject.org/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:42   #140
Sugar Kane
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
Sugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the rough
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Did you have to shout like that, It makes it very hard to read.

Just checked on my box and yes you are correct and its not good enough
Hehe, I do apologise for 'shouting', but what else can I do when VM are not listening?! On the VM community forum, the thread has been ignored for months. Virgin Media are breaching the terms of the contract we all have with them. They are not providing the full service we are paying for and they have had more than a fair amount of time to fix the issue. I want some of my money back!
Sugar Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:51   #141
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
 
Hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,048
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

Have you rung VM Customer Services to discuss this?
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:06   #142
MartMart
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Services: VM XL TV with V+HD, VM XL BB, VM M Telephone
Posts: 9
MartMart is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

@ Hugh

They don't know what you are on about.
MartMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:52   #143
Sugar Kane
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
Sugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the rough
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

Every time I ring to report any fault, the stock response is "We'll send a technician out." I have already had two new boxes since reporting this issue. I would prefer to keep it in the forums where people are actually aware of the problem. I will not waste my breath explaining the issues to yet another person who misunderstands the issue. All the information detailing this fault is here in this thread (and here in this thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...322133/page/29 ). We should not have to repeat ourselves over and over. The information is here, and the VM technicians should be using it and not pleading ignorance. Eight months is a disgrace.

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Just found 30 Rock season 4 on the VM Player on my pc, and guess what?! It's missing from my tv service! Who could have guessed that?!
Sugar Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:54   #144
essjay
cf.addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 211
essjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

I have just checked Fringe and Nikita do not go live until monday 3rd @ 6:00am

Heroes should be under US box sets as is 30 Rock
essjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 14:39   #145
Sugar Kane
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
Sugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the rough
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by essjay View Post
I have just checked Fringe and Nikita do not go live until monday 3rd @ 6:00am

Heroes should be under US box sets as is 30 Rock
Why then are both Nikita and Fringe being advertised as 'available now'? I have neither Heroes or 30 Rock listed anywhere, not even in 'search'.
Sugar Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 14:54   #146
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
 
Hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,048
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

Sugar, can I ask where it is being advertised as "available now" (Nikita & Fringe)?
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 15:23   #147
Sugar Kane
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Services: VM TV XL with V+ HD, VM Phone M, VM BB M
Posts: 86
Sugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the roughSugar Kane is a jewel in the rough
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Sugar, can I ask where it is being advertised as "available now" (Nikita & Fringe)?
The video is on a loop whenever you go into TV Choice.
Sugar Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 19:37   #148
Digital Fanatic
Inactive
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Liverpool
Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Posts: 8,384
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Kane View Post
The video is on a loop whenever you go into TV Choice.
They always put the promo on at the beginning of the month, it would be better if they had a stap line of the actual date it's available from...it happened with Yogi Bear a while back.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 20:19   #149
Buzzman
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Airdrie, Scotland
Services: VIP 50 with TIVO
Posts: 74
Buzzman is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by essjay View Post
I have just checked Fringe and Nikita do not go live until monday 3rd @ 6:00am

Heroes should be under US box sets as is 30 Rock
Hello again essjay, just for your information, I only have Party Down Series 1 (SD and HD) in the US Boxsets folder.
Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 04:31   #150
NuclearWinter
Inactive
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tonbridge
Services: VIP50
Posts: 70
NuclearWinter is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Missing content- the ongoing saga! Please, somebody help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by essjay View Post
I have just checked Fringe and Nikita do not go live until monday 3rd @ 6:00am

Heroes should be under US box sets as is 30 Rock
I too only have Party Down Series 1 in US box sets.

I reported a whole bunch of BBC shows missing in the thread on the official forum, no one from Virgin has responded in over a month. We don't even get the canned "our engineers are still investigating this" anymore.

I've lost track of the number of times this problem has supposedly been escalated and investigated.

In the 8 months I've been a Virgin customer, TV Choice has never worked correctly for me.

I will also note that I've had more internet service outages during that time than I had in total during my 12 years on ADSL. So I'm not a very happy customer.
NuclearWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:05.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum