26-09-2005, 09:10
|
#1
|
|
Guest
Location: Near Hungerford, West Berkshire
Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT,
Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
Posts: n/a
|
Lost Firefox Bookmarks
Hi all,
My PC has decided to lose all my Firefox bookmarks - I have a backup of 99% of them but lost a few recent ones.
Anybody else had this issue? The bookmarks.htm is still there but it's empty.
I have check the profile - one one exists...
Any ideas?
Lee
|
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 09:17
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Services: anything for a new job
Posts: 4,165
|
Re: Lost Firefox Bookmarks
have you done a full search for bookmarks.html?
was that the only one that got found, or did you manually find it?
I have heard of it before I had it done to me in the early days, but not any more.
try and find out from http://forums.mozillazine.org/
ik
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 09:35
|
#3
|
|
Guest
Location: Near Hungerford, West Berkshire
Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT,
Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Lost Firefox Bookmarks
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by ikthius
have you done a full search for bookmarks.html?
was that the only one that got found, or did you manually find it?
I have heard of it before I had it done to me in the early days, but not any more.
try and find out from http://forums.mozillazine.org/
ik
|
Hi - yes the file exists but it's about 5k - it shold be about 700k the last time I looked!
|
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 10:02
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Services: anything for a new job
Posts: 4,165
|
Re: Lost Firefox Bookmarks
have you ever had the strange, make a new profile pop up window appear, and have you made a new profile, see if there are more than one profile and check within those profiles for another bookmark.html
ik
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 15:46
|
#5
|
|
Guest
Location: Near Hungerford, West Berkshire
Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT,
Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
Posts: n/a
|
Re: Lost Firefox Bookmarks
Profile - yep done that - only one exists - but I've not seen that dialogue box in ages, so it's not profile related AFAIK.
|
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 15:59
|
#6
|
|
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: between Portsmouth and Southampton.
Age: 74
Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Posts: 40,378
|
Re: Lost Firefox Bookmarks
I'm sure that there was anotheer thread about this not long ago.In fact it was this one http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...hlight=firefox
__________________
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Shakespeare..
|
|
|
26-09-2005, 16:40
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Expanding Town with crap roads
Age: 67
Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Posts: 7,674
|
Re: Lost Firefox Bookmarks
I thought I had problems cos my info bookmark was never saved (or so I thought  ). Found it in a seldom used pre-set one.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:18.
|