13-02-2005, 15:13
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5
|
How to setup CFT 2100??
Hello,
the flat I have moved into is wired up for ntl cable - it was installed in all the flats in the building prior to my moving in, and all occupiers were given a CFT 2100 cable receiver box. My neighbour recently showed me that she can use the box for basic channels without having subscribed to anything, so I thought I'd give mine a go. With it connected up I can access a menu screen, which provides a list of channels, however selecting a channel gets me nothing. Is there anyway I can force the box to rescan for channels or something? what is the basic procedure for setting this up?
Thanks in advance,
Bascombe
|
|
|
13-02-2005, 15:26
|
#2
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: How to setup CFT 2100??
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Bascombe
Hello,
the flat I have moved into is wired up for ntl cable - it was installed in all the flats in the building prior to my moving in, and all occupiers were given a CFT 2100 cable receiver box. My neighbour recently showed me that she can use the box for basic channels without having subscribed to anything, so I thought I'd give mine a go. With it connected up I can access a menu screen, which provides a list of channels, however selecting a channel gets me nothing. Is there anyway I can force the box to rescan for channels or something? what is the basic procedure for setting this up?
Thanks in advance,
Bascombe
|
Err, technically speaking, that is theft, and I am pretty sure discussing theft is against CableForum's terms and conditions.
The best option (assuming you don't want to pay for cable) is to pay between £50 and £70 (one off payment) for a freeview box. You still have to pay a TV licence though (which you would anyway)
|
|
|
13-02-2005, 15:34
|
#3
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: norton , teesside
Age: 58
Posts: 10,571
|
Re: How to setup CFT 2100??
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Bascombe
Hello,
the flat I have moved into is wired up for ntl cable - it was installed in all the flats in the building prior to my moving in, and all occupiers were given a CFT 2100 cable receiver box. My neighbour recently showed me that she can use the box for basic channels without having subscribed to anything, so I thought I'd give mine a go. With it connected up I can access a menu screen, which provides a list of channels, however selecting a channel gets me nothing. Is there anyway I can force the box to rescan for channels or something? what is the basic procedure for setting this up?
Thanks in advance,
Bascombe
|
hi and  to the site , what is this CFT 2100 cable receiver box  , is it ntl property or not , as far as i know the only thing that is allowed to be connected to ntl's cable is an ntl supplied box  , when you say basic channels do you mean 1 - 5 or what
|
|
|
13-02-2005, 15:35
|
#4
|
|
-
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Somewhere
Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Posts: 26,546
|
Re: How to setup CFT 2100??
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by paulyoung666
hi and  to the site , what is this CFT 2100 cable receiver box  , is it ntl property or not , as far as i know the only thing that is allowed to be connected to ntl's cable is an ntl supplied box  , when you say basic channels do you mean 1 - 5 or what 
|
I think it is the Samsung Box..
|
|
|
13-02-2005, 16:28
|
#5
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,058
|
Re: How to setup CFT 2100??
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by scastle
I think it is the Samsung Box..
|
It's not. It's an old analogue box. But it's still the property of ntl and may not be used unless you're paying to use it.
The Samsung box is called SMT-2100C.
|
|
|
13-02-2005, 17:39
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5
|
Re: How to setup CFT 2100??
fair enough - however, it was the ntl engineer who set it up for my neighbour, and seeing as we are in housing association property, I had assumed that it was just part of the installers agreement with the association.
Thanks
Bascombe
|
|
|
13-02-2005, 17:40
|
#7
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: norton , teesside
Age: 58
Posts: 10,571
|
Re: How to setup CFT 2100??
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Bascombe
fair enough - however, it was the ntl engineer who set it up for my neighbour, and seeing as we are in housing association property, I had assumed that it was just part of the installers agreement with the association.
Thanks
Bascombe
|
then if the ntl engineer has provided more than 1-5 he is well dodgy
|
|
|
13-02-2005, 17:49
|
#8
|
|
Guest
Location: Sale, Cheshire
Services: 10MB Broadband, DTV, Telephone
Posts: n/a
|
Re: How to setup CFT 2100??
The first post does say BASIC channels - could just mean 1-5?
|
|
|
|
13-02-2005, 18:02
|
#9
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: A House
Age: 42
Services: All
Posts: 592
|
Re: How to setup CFT 2100??
MATV perhaps?
|
|
|
13-02-2005, 18:47
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5
|
Re: How to setup CFT 2100??
Basic tv is right - just 1-5 is all I'm looking for, nothing else. primarily, it was just be nice to use the cable connections sitting beside the tv as opposed to running aerial cables half way round the room.
|
|
|
13-02-2005, 18:51
|
#11
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: A House
Age: 42
Services: All
Posts: 592
|
Re: How to setup CFT 2100??
I do believe this is MATV, which, as far I'm aware, is free. *waits for someone to come in and correct him*
|
|
|
13-02-2005, 18:54
|
#12
|
|
Guest
Location: Sale, Cheshire
Services: 10MB Broadband, DTV, Telephone
Posts: n/a
|
Re: How to setup CFT 2100??
In which case (what is MATV BTW?) can anyone help the OP?
|
|
|
|
13-02-2005, 19:03
|
#13
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: A House
Age: 42
Services: All
Posts: 592
|
Re: How to setup CFT 2100??
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by JohnHorb
In which case (what is MATV BTW?) can anyone help the OP?
|
Master Antenna TeleVision
Only ever dealt with it a few times so my knowledge on it is vague. Basically if your in a block of flats or some project and can't receive television signals via and arial then good old ntl provide a feed into the building which is then split once it enters to the apartments inside.
I might be way off, but if he calls ntl, or better still, the site landlord/caretaker they will be able to give more information as how to get the channels
Paul
|
|
|
13-02-2005, 19:04
|
#14
|
|
Living a dream
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Swansea
Services: All services
Posts: 135
|
Re: How to setup CFT 2100??
Sounds Like You've Been Disconnected At The Cabinet As Normally U Can Get 1-5 Just With The Cable Only
|
|
|
13-02-2005, 19:06
|
#15
|
|
Guest
Location: Sale, Cheshire
Services: 10MB Broadband, DTV, Telephone
Posts: n/a
|
Re: How to setup CFT 2100??
Capital Post, Grommit  !
|
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:45.
|