Removing Unsubscribed Channels
04-02-2005, 20:38
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gosport, UK
Age: 40
Services: NTL broadband + television
Posts: 3
|
Removing Unsubscribed Channels
The NTL man came today and fixed us up with a nice television box, telephone line and broadband connection. I'm happy with all three so far, except one thing about the telelvision which is driving me bananas.
When I flick through the channels, around 70% of them give me the "You are not subscribed to this channel. To subscribe please... blah blah." It makes me really mad to have to go through mountains of this gubbins just to channel-surf.
Is there any way I can get rid of these channels when I'm browsing the telelvision channels? I've tried looking through the favourites menu to see if there's a way to only have the 'Favourites' channels show up (as I could with FreeView) but there does not seem to be an option.
Any help on how to get rid of this annoyance would be greatly appreciated.
And hello by the way, you cannot have failed to notice that I'm new.
|
|
|
04-02-2005, 20:41
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Services: Virgin Media
Posts: 9,163
|
Re: Removing Unsubscribed Channels
Welcome to the site.
You can't remove them, all you can do is move them to the bottom of the favourite list.
Press favourites, then the red button to edit list and then go through them and move them to the bottom.
|
|
|
04-02-2005, 20:42
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gosport, UK
Age: 40
Services: NTL broadband + television
Posts: 3
|
Re: Removing Unsubscribed Channels
Oh dear. I have a feeling I won't be watching much television. I did try moving all of the unwanted channels to the bottom, but I gave up because it was taking so long to keep going up and down the list.
Thank you for your swift reply and advice.
|
|
|
04-02-2005, 20:43
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Services: Virgin Media
Posts: 9,163
|
Re: Removing Unsubscribed Channels
You only have to do it once though
|
|
|
04-02-2005, 21:36
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2004
Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Posts: 1,157
|
Re: Removing Unsubscribed Channels
It took two hours to do exactly that and the box crashed so I had to do it all again. Oh well, at least it gives me something to do.
|
|
|
04-02-2005, 23:28
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 124
|
Re: Removing Unsubscribed Channels
..or just move the handful of channels you are likely to watch to the top - probably far fewer to move than the unsubbed ones and rubbish shopping chans etc.
And don't forget those page-up/down keys - makes it MUCH faster to scroll up & down through the list.
|
|
|
05-02-2005, 08:19
|
#7
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Removing Unsubscribed Channels
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by Mal
You only have to do it once though 
|
no you dont.
NTL often screw up my favourites list. I dont bother sorting them anymore. In fact NTL cant manage to keep them in ascending numerical sequence
|
|
|
|
05-02-2005, 08:26
|
#8
|
|
Permanently Banned
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: norton , teesside
Age: 58
Posts: 10,571
|
Re: Removing Unsubscribed Channels
|
|
|
05-02-2005, 08:54
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gosport, UK
Age: 40
Services: NTL broadband + television
Posts: 3
|
Re: Removing Unsubscribed Channels
Hehe, thanks Paul, and thanks everyone for the warnings about the time it takes.
Mike - I was wondering how to easily and quickly scroll up and down the list, and hadn't noticed the page up/down keys  so thanks for letting me know.
|
|
|
05-02-2005, 09:26
|
#10
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Removing Unsubscribed Channels
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by gary_580
no you dont. NTL often screw up my favourites list. I dont bother sorting them anymore. In fact NTL cant manage to keep them in ascending numerical sequence
|
I have to say ours is not a problem all the junk channels have been moved to the bottom of the list and have stayed there ever since we moved them. I wonder if its a software problem you have that somehow corrects your selection to the original. How many people have had a problem with this? I hardly think that NTL would deliberately mess your selections up, surely it has to be a software problem.
|
|
|
|
05-02-2005, 14:00
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Shropshire
Services: VM National ADSL BB
Posts: 128
|
Re: Removing Unsubscribed Channels
I manually sorted channels one by one for two years without realising I could use the page up/down buttons :o Now I have all my active channels at the top, all radio channels towards the bottom (after unsubscribed channels) so i can channel down past 0 for radio when my TV is off
|
|
|
05-02-2005, 14:09
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Cambridge
Age: 44
Posts: 58
|
Re: Removing Unsubscribed Channels
You know you can move ALL unsubscribed channels to the bottom with just one button. You dont have to keep going up and down. Its one of the number buttons. If you read on screen instructions it makes it easy
|
|
|
05-02-2005, 15:18
|
#13
|
|
Guest
|
Re: Removing Unsubscribed Channels
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by broomsy
You know you can move ALL unsubscribed channels to the bottom with just one button. You dont have to keep going up and down. Its one of the number buttons. If you read on screen instructions it makes it easy
|
yeah thats what i do, takes about 5 seconds!
|
|
|
|
05-02-2005, 17:16
|
#14
|
|
In the corner, sulking.
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Shaw, Oldham, Lancashire.
Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
Posts: 8,041
|
Re: Removing Unsubscribed Channels
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by broomsy
You know you can move ALL unsubscribed channels to the bottom with just one button. You dont have to keep going up and down. Its one of the number buttons. If you read on screen instructions it makes it easy
|
That depends on which platform and more important, which software  you are using.
Edit. It does not work like that on Bromley/CR3
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:32.
|