TV Problems in Manchester
23-01-2005, 16:37
|
#1
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Manchester
Age: 54
Services: Phone line
Posts: 305
|
TV Problems in Manchester
I've had a problem for the last 2 weeks where a number of channels just go blank (black screen) for a few hours and then come back. While this happens, other channels are OK. It affects the +1 channels more than the others. Restarting the stb makes no difference. I've called ntl and they've sent codes to the stb but it still happens sometimes.
They have offered to send an engineer but I know it's not just affecting me - 2 other ntl users in the same town have the same problem. It's getting very annoying, especially if you're halfway through watching something.
Is this a known problem and does anyone know fi ntl are working on it? At the moment the only fix I can think of is switching to Sky.
Please help
|
|
|
23-01-2005, 17:44
|
#2
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hove
Age: 38
Services: Virgin Media VIP - 2 x V6, M350 & phone
Posts: 288
|
Re: TV Problems in Manchester
It may well be a problem with your signal levels. I would accept the offer of a technician to come and take a look. For all you know, those other 2 people could have exactly the same problem.
Browneggsandham
|
|
|
23-01-2005, 17:51
|
#3
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3
|
Re: TV Problems in Manchester
I have this problem, however normaly a STB reboot sorts it. I have had a 8dB forward path equaliser installed but this was becuase my STB was crashing on NIT phase of loading. I would love a new stb that changes channels faster and is generaly less of a pain.
|
|
|
23-01-2005, 18:00
|
#4
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 512
|
Re: TV Problems in Manchester
Get a tech out if the fixes CS sent to your stb are not working, you will never get it fixed otherwise. I can not believe you are thinking of going to sky after just speaking to CS and not even getting a tech out.
|
|
|
23-01-2005, 19:03
|
#5
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Manchester
Age: 54
Services: Phone line
Posts: 305
|
Re: TV Problems in Manchester
Okay I accept your advice - I will let cs send someone out. I'm just expecting the problem to be at the other end when 2 other people have the same problem. I'll let you know how I get on.
|
|
|
23-01-2005, 20:06
|
#6
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hove
Age: 38
Services: Virgin Media VIP - 2 x V6, M350 & phone
Posts: 288
|
Re: TV Problems in Manchester
It is perfectly possible for more than one person to be experiencing the same problem, without it necessarily being a fault at ntl's end.
Browneggsandham
|
|
|
23-01-2005, 22:10
|
#7
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stockport, Cheshire
Services: Virgin Media TV and Broadband
Posts: 51
|
Re: TV Problems in Manchester
I had the same problem once last week, but a reboot sorted it out.
It's obviously been caused by a signal issue at Baguley head-end or on the network.
|
|
|
24-01-2005, 05:58
|
#8
|
|
cf.mega poster
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,232
|
Re: TV Problems in Manchester
We have been having the same problems over the last few days, Mrs Swoop is getting a bit fed up 'cos it is always a program she want's to see.
|
|
|
24-01-2005, 20:43
|
#9
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 512
|
Re: TV Problems in Manchester
Littld, I found out today that most of the north west had an outage affecting most of the +1 channels over the w/end.
Did you manage to get a tech out, and did he fix it!
|
|
|
24-01-2005, 23:17
|
#10
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stockport, Cheshire
Services: Virgin Media TV and Broadband
Posts: 51
|
Re: TV Problems in Manchester
The SK8 area lost all their TV channels yesterday, which was due to a local fault.
Also, an Interactive Services server for the Manchester area was latching and had to be taken apart to be fixed.
|
|
|
25-01-2005, 17:00
|
#11
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Manchester
Age: 54
Services: Phone line
Posts: 305
|
Re: TV Problems in Manchester
The engineer came round this morning. He said it was a problem at ntl's end. He checked over the stb and everything was ok. Some channels went down again this afternoon, albeit briefly. He took a list of all the affected channels and hopefully ntl will sort this out soon. If anyone has any experience of ntl fixing things like this please let me know. I don't want to put up with sub-standard service for long but I don't know how long ntl are likely to take!
|
|
|
25-01-2005, 17:12
|
#12
|
|
Inactive
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 6,058
|
Re: TV Problems in Manchester
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by littld
The engineer came round this morning. He said it was a problem at ntl's end. He checked over the stb and everything was ok. Some channels went down again this afternoon, albeit briefly. He took a list of all the affected channels and hopefully ntl will sort this out soon. If anyone has any experience of ntl fixing things like this please let me know. I don't want to put up with sub-standard service for long but I don't know how long ntl are likely to take!
|
If I were you, I wouldn't be holding my breath.....
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:36.
|