Internet Tax To Fund The BBC!
Yesterday, 14:14
|
#91
|
|
Just a Geek
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,062
|
Re: Internet Tax To Fund The BBC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth
They'll probably set monthly limits, if you go over you pay more 
|
They used to then capacity grew and now they do not need to. They sell it as a product for whole home broadband .
People just do not understand. They will throttle the speed so there is no contention. Having a household streaming/downloading 1TB over a month is not unusual any more. Bare in mind many Xbox games are over 100 GB each and are downloaded and streaming in 4K which is also common now can use up to 40GB per hour dependant on audio . It is 2026 not 2006
__________________
Is your muffin buttered? Would you like me to assign someone to butter your muffin?
|
|
|
Yesterday, 14:50
|
#92
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,053
|
Re: Internet Tax To Fund The BBC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss
over a month 4 hours of streaming 4K per day could run up to a TB in a month
---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------
He did not understand my post or the image singling it down to a TB download when it was over a month as I explained in understandable terms for everyone it is not that much in real terms
|
I meant over a month - if you have a couple of hundred people streaming 4k/downloading/gaming at the same time it’s going have a fairly major impact on the local cell…
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
Yesterday, 15:43
|
#93
|
|
Just a Geek
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,062
|
Re: Internet Tax To Fund The BBC!
5G is still capable of 10 to 20 Gbps per site so in theory it could handle a good few
---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------
AI seems to think it can handle quite a high number
Anyway in my opinion it will be a viable option if the new tv tax happens
__________________
Is your muffin buttered? Would you like me to assign someone to butter your muffin?
|
|
|
Yesterday, 19:03
|
#94
|
|
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Admin
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nottingham
Age: 63
Services: Zen & YouFibre FTTP, Sky Q TV, Sky Mobile, Flextel SIP
Posts: 31,227
|
Re: Internet Tax To Fund The BBC!
First of all you actually have to have access to 5G ..
__________________
Baby, I was born this way.
|
|
|
Yesterday, 19:19
|
#95
|
|
Just a Geek
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,062
|
Re: Internet Tax To Fund The BBC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
First of all you actually have to have access to 5G .. 
|
I do not understand the hostility I have received or should I say perceived as it is just text to making a comment about the possibility of a work around for me because to be honest I only care about me and my loved ones who I will help set it up if they need . What is clear though a number of people here's knowledge is a little out of date
__________________
Is your muffin buttered? Would you like me to assign someone to butter your muffin?
|
|
|
Today, 21:17
|
#96
|
|
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Admin
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nottingham
Age: 63
Services: Zen & YouFibre FTTP, Sky Q TV, Sky Mobile, Flextel SIP
Posts: 31,227
|
Re: Internet Tax To Fund The BBC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss
I do not understand the hostility I have received
|
The quote has zero hostility in it, so I have no clue what you're going on about.
__________________
Baby, I was born this way.
|
|
|
Today, 21:27
|
#97
|
|
cf.geek
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SE London (Bexley)
Services: None - well none with VM!
Posts: 573
|
Re: Internet Tax To Fund The BBC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss
I do not understand the hostility I have received or should I say perceived as it is just text to making a comment about the possibility of a work around for me because to be honest I only care about me and my loved ones who I will help set it up if they need . What is clear though a number of people here's knowledge is a little out of date
|
I’m not seeing hostility, but rather an acknowledgement that not everywhere has a 5G connection, or even if they theoretically do, in practice it may not be viable.
__________________
"I believe in an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out"
Arthur Hays Sulzberger
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:07.
|