Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM Email has gone mad?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

VM Email has gone mad?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Today, 10:54   #1
Taf
cf.mega poster
 
Taf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kairdiff-by-the-sea
Age: 70
Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Posts: 10,530
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
VM Email has gone mad?

A few days ago, when I went to https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/signin It normally logs me in automatically, but now it asks for my email account. I input that and then got asks for it again before it allows me into my inbox.

It has been several days since I received an email, which is very unusual.

So I sent myself an email from within that webpage. It shows as sent but does not arrive in my inbox.

So I sent a couple of emails from my GMail acount. They do not arrive either.

Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old Today, 11:02   #2
Carth
In the gang of three
 
Carth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Hiding . . from all the experts
Posts: 5,819
Carth is cast in bronzeCarth is cast in bronzeCarth is cast in bronzeCarth is cast in bronze
Carth is cast in bronzeCarth is cast in bronzeCarth is cast in bronzeCarth is cast in bronzeCarth is cast in bronzeCarth is cast in bronzeCarth is cast in bronzeCarth is cast in bronzeCarth is cast in bronzeCarth is cast in bronze
Re: VM Email has gone mad?

I use thunderbird, yesterday I sent silly test emails to/from the NTL and Gmail addresses . . all received ok.

I also remembered a while ago having issues checking my bill (somewhere in the moans & hates thread probably) and had to supply VM with an alternate email . . for security or some such bullcrap.

Makes me now wonder if this was a prelude to the killing of VM emails and an excuse to get an 'outside' email address which they will now use for bills etc
__________________
If knowledge is power, how come those in power seem so stupid?
Carth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:09   #3
Itshim
Do I care what you think
 
Itshim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cardiff South Wales
Age: 75
Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Posts: 5,616
Itshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze array
Itshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze arrayItshim has a bronze array
Re: VM Email has gone mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
A few days ago, when I went to https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/signin It normally logs me in automatically, but now it asks for my email account. I input that and then got asks for it again before it allows me into my inbox.

It has been several days since I received an email, which is very unusual.

So I sent myself an email from within that webpage. It shows as sent but does not arrive in my inbox.

So I sent a couple of emails from my GMail acount. They do not arrive either.

Seen many posts on other forums reporting this . Have the same problem
__________________
No point in being pessimistic. You know it won`t work.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:41   #4
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
 
Hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,029
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: VM Email has gone mad?

I had to enter my old ntlworld email address twice to access it, then sent a test email to my hotmail account - arrived within seconds.
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:56.


Server: lithium.zmnt.uk
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
All Posts and Content are © Cable Forum