Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
18-06-2026, 13:18
|
#811
|
|
Mum 30/09/20 Dad 08/08/24
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Age: 57
Services: 2 x TiVo 360s, SH5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Posts: 17,396
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry
Bad news. I had to attend an appointment early this morning for my lower back. They wanted to sign me off work with disc relapse and sciatic symptoms.  I've been referred to a physio again, I last saw one in 2024 who taught me pilates but that's proving useless. Pain killers don't work. Relief patches do nothing. My eyes go blurry during pain.
Getting fit my arse 
|
Have you looked into acupuncture.
__________________
I'm a Trustee for a local charity
|
|
|
18-06-2026, 14:34
|
#812
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,910
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r
Have you looked into acupuncture.
|
Nope. I don't have a clue. I've been referred to a physiotherapist who will discuss my options with me.
|
|
|
01-08-2026, 19:20
|
#813
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,910
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
I got my front and rear suspension serviced by TF tuned. No excuses not to get fit and get rid of all these health issues.
|
|
|
15-08-2026, 11:54
|
#814
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,910
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
Where's Russ gone?
|
|
|
15-08-2026, 15:18
|
#815
|
|
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Admin
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nottingham
Age: 63
Services: Zen & YouFibre FTTP, Sky Q TV, Sky Mobile, Flextel SIP
Posts: 31,212
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
He rarely visits much, last seen at the end of April.
__________________
Baby, I was born this way.
|
|
|
15-08-2026, 15:33
|
#816
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,910
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
Shame. I wanted to ask him about Retatrutide. He went on weight loss jabs.
|
|
|
15-08-2026, 16:10
|
#817
|
|
vox populi vox dei
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: the last resort
Services: every thing
Posts: 15,576
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry
Shame. I wanted to ask him about Retatrutide. He went on weight loss jabs.
|
what does your doctor say about it ?
__________________
To be or not to be, woke is the question Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer. The slings and arrows of outrageous wokedome, Or to take arms against a sea of wokies. And by opposing end them.
|
|
|
15-08-2026, 16:18
|
#818
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,910
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf
what does your doctor say about it ?
|
I don't know. I haven't asked.
I did query weight loss jabs but they told me I don't fall into the category to justify jabs. I'm obese. I do.
|
|
|
17-08-2026, 23:16
|
#819
|
|
cf.mega pornstar
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 19,487
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry
Shame. I wanted to ask him about Retatrutide. He went on weight loss jabs.
|
You sure it was Russ? Doubt he has ever needed fat shots tbh
|
|
|
18-08-2026, 07:13
|
#820
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,910
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
Yup search Russ in this thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ
So I’ve upped my Ozempic dosage from 10 clicks to 51 (I was previously using a very dose) and for the first 24 hours I couldn’t keep off the toilet, it was non-stop. I swear I’d have lost a stone just from that.
Since then I just get through protein cornflakes for breakfast, 4 water protein shakes and a single chicken filet in the evening and my gut has virtually disappeared, in total I’ve dropped just over a stone and a half since the start of May whilst retaining the muscle which I’m dn happy about. V shape is there and my cardio is doing really well. Happy (and more cut) Russ.
|
|
|
|
19-08-2026, 14:53
|
#821
|
|
Virgin Media Employee
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winchester
Services: Staff MyRates
BB: VM 1Gb
TV: VM XL
Phone : VM XL
Posts: 3,388
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
Just wanting to get back to the gym after preferring to go for walks in the lovely evenings and I develop another Achilles tendonopathy.
__________________
I work for VMO2 but reply here in my own right. Any help or advice is made on a best-effort basis. No comments construe any obligation on VMO2 or its employees.
|
|
|
19-09-2026, 10:51
|
#822
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,910
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
My journey on retatrutide begins today. I've stacked it with cagrilintide.
My weight today is 96kg.
2.5mg reta
0.5 cag
Wish me luck
__________________
“Never ask a liar why they lied. To explain it, they'd have to lie again”
Fernando Hidalgo
|
|
|
19-09-2026, 11:30
|
#823
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,043
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry
My journey on retatrutide begins today. I've stacked it with cagrilintide.
My weight today is 96kg.
2.5mg reta
0.5 cag
Wish me luck 
|
Are you on a clinical trial with retatrutide and/or cagrilintide, as neither of them are licensed in the UK, and only licenced for Stage 3 trials in the USA?
Also, stacking them is only at the pre-clinical stage in current research (animal testing) - it’s not been tested on humans…
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Last edited by Hugh; 19-09-2026 at 11:36.
|
|
|
19-09-2026, 11:48
|
#824
|
|
XIV
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Crawley
Age: 36
Services: Three Unlimited
Posts: 16,910
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
I'm administering it for educational purposes. That old chestnut I know.
The drug has been given soo many thumbs up it's hard to ignore being honest. I wasn't particularly interested in manjaro. Russ was on similar who justified the negatives with clear to see results but that wasn't enough to get me on it.
This retatrutide has three points of interest. It does a lot more than the traditional manjaro.
__________________
“Never ask a liar why they lied. To explain it, they'd have to lie again”
Fernando Hidalgo
|
|
|
19-09-2026, 12:28
|
#825
|
|
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Mod
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 69
Services: Premiere Collection
Posts: 45,043
|
Re: Who Is Getting Fit This Year?
Have any of these "thumbs up" been from actual medical research scientists?
Just to clarify - you’re buying unlicensed untested weight-loss drugs from illegal sources, have no idea if the drugs you’re buying are actually retatrutide or cagrilintide (unlikely that they are, as I can’t see Eli Lilly or Novo Nordisk providing them) or what’s actually in them, and you are then going to stack them in a way that’s never been clinically tested, even on animals?
The cagrilintide-semaglutide stack has been clinically tested, but that’s not what you’re going to try.
I believe this approach to weight-loss may be sub-optimal, for the reasons below…
https://formblends.com/articles/reta...ilintide-combo
Quote:
Can You Stack Retatrutide With Cagrilintide? The Honest Answer
The short answer up front
No clinical trial has combined retatrutide and cagrilintide. No FDA-approved combination exists. Combining them outside supervised research is not safe and is not endorsed by any clinical guideline. Patients asking the stacking question should work with a licensed clinician on FDA-approved options instead.
Key Takeaways
Cagrilintide is an amylin analog. Retatrutide is a triple incretin agonist. Their mechanisms are non-overlapping, which is what fuels the stacking question
Cagrilintide is owned by Novo Nordisk and is being developed in the cagrisema combination with semaglutide. It is not approved as a standalone
Retatrutide is owned by Eli Lilly and is in phase 3 trials. It is not approved
No published trial combines the two molecules. The cross-company ownership makes such a trial commercially unlikely
Stacking investigational peptides outside trial enrollment exposes the patient to unverified product, unknown pharmacology, and zero clinical oversight
Direct answer
Patients asking whether they can take cagrilintide and retatrutide together are usually working from a peptide-stacking framework popular on certain online communities. The framework is not how clinical pharmacology works. Two drugs that look promising on their own do not automatically add up to a better drug when combined. Combinations require their own trials to characterize safety, efficacy, dosing, and interactions. For retatrutide and cagrilintide, no such trial exists. The responsible answer is to wait for clinical evidence rather than self-experiment with unapproved peptides.
|
Quote:
What "stacking" actually means in patient inquiries
The peptide-stacking framework that drives this question typically involves:
Sourcing peptides from gray-market suppliers marketing "research chemicals" not for human use
Self-injecting at doses derived from social media or community forum posts
Combining two or more peptides on assumed-additive logic
Skipping clinical monitoring
This pattern carries multiple categories of risk:
Product identity. Gray-market peptides are not tested for purity or identity. Lab analyses of community-supplied peptides have shown wide variability, with some products containing little to none of the labeled compound and others containing bacterial endotoxin or contaminants
Dosing. Without titration protocols, patients commonly start at doses that produce severe adverse events, then either abandon treatment or continue through symptoms they should have stopped for
Drug interactions. Other medications (insulin, sulfonylureas, anticoagulants, etc.) interact with incretin and amylin agonists in ways that require clinical oversight to manage safely
Adverse event support. If a serious adverse event occurs, the patient has no documentation of what they took, at what dose, when. ER physicians cannot effectively treat what they cannot identify
|
Quote:
Concrete risks of combining unapproved peptides
Specific clinical concerns when stacking incretin and amylin agonists outside supervision:
Severe gastroparesis. Both drug classes slow gastric emptying. Combined effects may produce delayed gastric emptying severe enough to cause aspiration risk during anesthesia, bezoar formation, or persistent vomiting
Pancreatitis. Acute pancreatitis is a labeled risk for GLP-1 class drugs. The amylin class adds theoretical pancreatic stress through its insulin co-secretion biology
Gallbladder events. Rapid weight loss increases gallstone risk. Both drug classes are independently associated with biliary events. Combined effect on gallbladder pathology is unknown
Hypoglycemia. Neither drug causes hypoglycemia at therapeutic doses in non-diabetic patients. In patients on insulin or sulfonylureas, the combination may produce harder-to-predict glucose lowering
Cardiovascular effects. Heart rate increases modestly with incretin drugs. The amylin component's cardiovascular profile is less characterized. Combined effects in patients with pre-existing arrhythmias or cardiomyopathy are not predictable
Mental health. Both classes have rare reports of mood disturbance and suicidal ideation in post-marketing or trial data. Combined risk is unknown
|
__________________
Thank you for calling the Abyss.
If you have called to scream, please press 1 to be transferred to the Void, or press 2 to begin your stare.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
|
|
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05.
|