Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 15-03-2023, 08:29   #14596
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Nice one Russ.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-03-2023, 17:43   #14597
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Got through notification of my full state pension entitlement. Been some faffing about but it's now settled.
Old 18-03-2023, 21:30   #14598
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Just got back home after visiting relatives in Emsworth (brother in law), Winchester (nephew, his wife, & their daughter), Alton (other brother in law & wife, and had dinner with other nephew and his wife), and Pangborne (our son) - set off Tuesday morning, back this evening.

Any joint holidays for the foreseeable future will be in this country (with pooch), as pooch is too old/unhappy to go in kennels, so we thought we would try it with visits to family - five hour drive on the way down, and he was reasonable, four hours on the way back, not so happy.

However, we will persevere, as it was great to see/stay with family.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 18-03-2023 at 23:13.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2023, 14:07   #14599
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Looking forward to a peaceful weekend after 4 medical appointments this week and the good news that l won't need a new ICD device implant until later next year rather then this year.
Old 24-03-2023, 14:55   #14600
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

The reciprocating saw I ordered yesterday is being delivered today by courier.

Yodel's on-line tracking service is the best one I've seen: It shows you exactly where the driver is on a map and how many drops before you. Updated in real time.
Old 04-04-2023, 19:51   #14601
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

A £500 premium bond win
About bleeding time ! Cheers Rishi.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 21:22   #14602
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Today I accomplished a nearly impossible task.....I was 1st in the phone waiting list at 8am for the Doctor.
Old 06-04-2023, 21:27   #14603
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

awesome
Old 07-04-2023, 07:52   #14604
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Today I accomplished a nearly impossible task.....I was 1st in the phone waiting list at 8am for the Doctor.

Well done Tinky.

In our surgery group patients have to go through the kafkaesque econsult system which for those who struggle with online forms which includes many OAPs and some other groups is pretty hard.

And even after that it is a lottery as to how long before someone replies.

Last edited by denphone; 07-04-2023 at 07:56.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 10:32   #14605
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post

In our surgery group patients have to go through the kafkaesque econsult system which for those who struggle with online forms which includes many OAPs and some other groups is pretty hard.

And even after that it is a lottery as to how long before someone replies.

We have an online facility down here, where you can tick a list of ailments, and complete a questionaire. I received a phone call from the doctor next day. However another time the receptionist said she would get the doctor to phone, it was 10 days later when I got the call.
Old 08-04-2023, 14:26   #14606
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

After a terrible release of a poorly optimised game with terrible shader loading times poor driver support and crash after crash after crash The Last of Us on PC is finally stable and playable
Old 11-04-2023, 13:21   #14607
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
After a terrible release of a poorly optimised game with terrible shader loading times poor driver support and crash after crash after crash The Last of Us on PC is finally stable and playable
Finished it yesterday. What an excellent game
Old 11-04-2023, 13:55   #14608
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Went to the O2 Leeds last night to see The Damned - not my usual fare, but a friend had a couple of spare tickets, so thought "what the hell"…

The supporting act (The Nightingales) weren’t my cup of tea (post-punk thrash shouty alt-rock), but I enjoyed the first hour of The Damned set (stuff from the 80s, 90s, & 21st century), then it got a bit too punky for me for the last half hour (their mid-late 70s punk era), but all in all, it was a mostly enjoyable experience- never too old to try something different.

Captain Sensible was a bit cheeky at the end of the gig - he got one of the roadies to bring him a change of tops, and he put on a Crystal Palace football shirt to wave goodbye to the audience…

Last edited by Hugh; 11-04-2023 at 14:47.
Old 11-04-2023, 19:19   #14609
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Went to the O2 Leeds last night to see The Damned - not my usual fare, but a friend had a couple of spare tickets, so thought "what the hell"…

The supporting act (The Nightingales) weren’t my cup of tea (post-punk thrash shouty alt-rock), but I enjoyed the first hour of The Damned set (stuff from the 80s, 90s, & 21st century), then it got a bit too punky for me for the last half hour (their mid-late 70s punk era), but all in all, it was a mostly enjoyable experience- never too old to try something different.

Captain Sensible was a bit cheeky at the end of the gig - he got one of the roadies to bring him a change of tops, and he put on a Crystal Palace football shirt to wave goodbye to the audience…
Stick to the Proms Hugh

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

Finally got round to destroying a couple of hardrives from old pcs. Turns out they are hard to destroy. Used a sledgehammer in the end, very satisfying.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 20:47   #14610
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Stick to the Proms Hugh

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

Finally got round to destroying a couple of hardrives from old pcs. Turns out they are hard to destroy. Used a sledgehammer in the end, very satisfying.
Electric drill does a good job as well.

I keep old drives, and re-use them as data/photo backups, using a USB 3.0 to SATA Adapter Cable to connect them to the PC, then keep them at our daughter’s house.