Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2022, 13:56   #1006
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Can anyone with Mix TV confirm that they can watch programmes on Discovery and Animal Planet with a 1 hour time delay (using +1) on their package, but not at the original time of broadcast (using HD) because the main feed is not available in SD. An interesting quirk of VM if the Channel Guide PDF is to be believed.
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2022, 15:06   #1007
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Can anyone with Mix TV confirm that they can watch programmes on Discovery and Animal Planet with a 1 hour time delay (using +1) on their package, but not at the original time of broadcast (using HD) because the main feed is not available in SD. An interesting quirk of VM if the Channel Guide PDF is to be believed.
What's VM only having the HD version of the main channel got to do with it?

What's the channel guide PDF showing?
Old 03-08-2022, 16:43   #1008
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Wait! You believe the PDF Guide?

HD versions should also be Mix per the subscription codes.
Old 03-08-2022, 17:17   #1009
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Virgin Media UK will move GB News HD from Virgin Channel 626 to Virgin Channel 604 ON August 11th.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 03-08-2022, 21:10   #1010
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Just seen on OFCOM web site that:

BT Sport 1 HD Licensee is: BT Ninety-Five Limited

Eurosport 1 or Eurosport 2 is not listed

http://static.ofcom.org.uk/static/ra...ndsat-main.htm
Old 04-08-2022, 01:47   #1011
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Virgin Media UK will move GB News HD from Virgin Channel 626 to Virgin Channel 604 ON August 11th.
Makes you wonder why that would be allowed by ofcom
Especially when the slot used to be BBC News HD, I know slot allocation is different on Virgin to the rules for Sky and Freesat EPGs

Do you think they have acquired the a lot from BBC, though I would have thought they would have shuffled BBC Parliament up one spot.
Old 04-08-2022, 20:05   #1012
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
Makes you wonder why that would be allowed by ofcom
Especially when the slot used to be BBC News HD, I know slot allocation is different on Virgin to the rules for Sky and Freesat EPGs

Do you think they have acquired the a lot from BBC, though I would have thought they would have shuffled BBC Parliament up one spot.
Really don't understand why people get so stressed over slot allocation . do people really look and give up if it's too far down a list Me have all the channels I look at in favourites , you may suggest l am missing something , but never at a loss to watch something , so don't care if I did, if you ain't seen it you won't miss it
Old 04-08-2022, 20:58   #1013
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Really don't understand why people get so stressed over slot allocation . do people really look and give up if it's too far down a list Me have all the channels I look at in favourites , you may suggest l am missing something , but never at a loss to watch something , so don't care if I did, if you ain't seen it you won't miss it
I am certainly not stressed about it, further up is more prominent so I can see their point in wanting to be up there with BBC & Sky, but any channels that I do watch I know the number off by heart and usually have it on my favourites or indeed just speak into the remote.
Old 05-08-2022, 22:04   #1014
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Wait! You believe the PDF Guide?

HD versions should also be Mix per the subscription codes.
Thanks!

So it's just the Channel Guide PDF being wrong, yet again, lol.

I thought it seemed pretty odd.
Old 06-08-2022, 01:48   #1015
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Just seen on OFCOM web site that:

BT Sport 1 HD Licensee is: BT Ninety-Five Limited

Eurosport 1 or Eurosport 2 is not listed

http://static.ofcom.org.uk/static/ra...ndsat-main.htm
whats this mean exactly MB?
Old 06-08-2022, 13:12   #1016
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
whats this mean exactly MB?
BT Sport channels was own by BT Communications

From last Monday when "BT Sport powered by EE" appeared on BT Sport before every ad break BT Sport is own by BT Ninety-Five Limited who is in own 100% by BT Communications.

I think BT will now "sell" 50% of it shares in BT Ninety-Five Limited to Warner Bros Discovery in a coming weeks to get the joint venture started.
Old 08-08-2022, 01:17   #1017
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
BT Sport channels was own by BT Communications

From last Monday when "BT Sport powered by EE" appeared on BT Sport before every ad break BT Sport is own by BT Ninety-Five Limited who is in own 100% by BT Communications.

I think BT will now "sell" 50% of it shares in BT Ninety-Five Limited to Warner Bros Discovery in a coming weeks to get the joint venture started.
this makes sense! I didn't know BT were planning on keeping half ownership mind
Old 08-08-2022, 01:54   #1018
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Yes it's 50/50 Joint Venture for now, although the new management and delivery of the Joint Venture will be led by President and Managing Director of WBD Sports Europe

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 08-08-2022 at 01:59.
Old 08-08-2022, 03:32   #1019
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

V6 has updated software after I had to do a reboot. Anyone know what this is about?
Old 08-08-2022, 11:36   #1020
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Preparation for automatic conversion to TV 360?
Closed Thread