Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 19-06-2022, 17:08   #436
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freeview changes

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

24 hours slots:
-Old Create and Craft Extra slot on COM4
-Old RT slot on COM6
-Old Ideal World Extra slot on Local Mux

Part time slots:
-Smithsonian Channel slot on COM5 (3am to 7am only)
-Jewellery Maker/PBS slot on COM6 (5am to 8am only)

All information right as of June 16th.

All following Channels are set to close/or move to other streams on Freeview on June 30th.

EPG > Name:
65. FreeSports
71. Quest Red +1
77. Now 80s
86. More4 +1
91. That's TV (UK)
92. That's Music

I think That's TV UK will stay on Freeview but only via IPTV (Line up is the same as That's TV Local anyway.)

What’s changing in June on Freeview:

Soon:
-BBC B Mux has room to add up to two SD Channels.
-SDN to provide capacity for a 24/7 stream on Com4 multiplex.
-Together TV to carry on broadcasting on Freeview but as a DTAS service - i.e. streamed channel.

June:
29th. 4Music will become E4 Extra on Freeview Channel 31.
30th. Horror Channel will become HorrorXtra on Freeview Channel 41*

30th. CBS Reality will become Reality on Freeview Channel 67.
30th. CBS Drama will become RealityXtra on Freeview Channel 68.
30th. CBS Justice will become Legend on Freeview Channel 69*.
30th. PBS America +1 closes today on Freeview Channel 87.

30th. Forces TV closes today on Freeview Channel 96.
30th. BBC FOUR HD will move to BBC B Mux - Viewers will need to retune to carry on watching on Freeview Channel 106.
30th. BBC News HD closes today on Freeview Channel 107.
30th. QVC HD will close today on Freeview Channel 111.

30th. QVC Beauty HD will close today on Freeview Channel 112.
30th. Quest HD will close today on Freeview Channel 114.
30th. CBeebies HD will move to BBC B Mux - Viewers will need to retune to carry on watching on Freeview Channel 205.
30th. COM7 will close today.

^Freeview viewers can access high quality streams of all its channels through the red button on Freeview Channel 16.

*Channel numbers may change.

All information is right as of June 18th.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2022, 18:49   #437
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Reports are coming in at Horror Xtra will broadcast from 5pm to 3am.

NOW 80s or POP* to timeshare with Horror Xtra on Freeview???

*If POP do timeshare that would make room for a 24 hour channel to launch on COM6.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

It not Timeshare with Horror Xtra I can see POP moving to LTV Mux or merge into POP Player also with Tiny Pop.

If Pop time with Horror Xtra I think FreeSports will move to LTV Mux.
Old 22-06-2022, 22:46   #438
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Reports are coming in at Horror Xtra will broadcast from 5pm to 3am.

NOW 80s or POP* to timeshare with Horror Xtra on Freeview???

*If POP do timeshare that would make room for a 24 hour channel to launch on COM6.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

It not Timeshare with Horror Xtra I can see POP moving to LTV Mux or merge into POP Player also with Tiny Pop.

If Pop time with Horror Xtra I think FreeSports will move to LTV Mux.
The Horror Xtra shortened schedule has been doing the rounds for days, without source. Though I get impression it's based on Digiguide or transmitted box EPG data.

What makes you think POP will downgrade its coverage? It's one of their best performing channels, and part of that success is the wide distribution.

POP Player is On-Demand for all the Pop channels, it's already a merging of them.

How does POP vacating COM6, reducing it to 14 channels, have anything to do with do with a channel from another broadcaster moving to the Local Mux? Especially since there is already space for a channel there.

Why don't we just pick any other channel on COM6 or randomly pick another channel on any other multiplex?

Explain your thinking MB.

Now80s is the best fit, from the so to be homeless channels, for any early timeshared slot, in my opinion.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2022, 23:01   #439
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The Horror Xtra shortened schedule has been doing the rounds for days, without source. Though I get impression it's based on Digiguide or transmitted box EPG data.

What makes you think POP will downgrade its coverage? It's one of their best performing channels, and part of that success is the wide distribution.

POP Player is On-Demand for all the Pop channels, it's already a merging of them.

How does POP vacating COM6, reducing it to 14 channels, have anything to do with do with a channel from another broadcaster moving to the Local Mux? Especially since there is already space for a channel there.

Why don't we just pick any other channel on COM6 or randomly pick another channel on any other multiplex?

Explain your thinking MB.

Now80s is the best fit, from the so to be homeless channels, for any early timeshared slot, in my opinion.
Just thinking out loud.

Why did Narrative Capital Partners launch Pop Player on Freeview?

I can Narrative Capital Partners looking to save money on a costs of Pop and Tiny Pop on Freeview.

And with Horror Xtra hours being rumour as 5pm to 3am it owners can sell it 3am to 5pm to a other broadcaster I only listed NOW 80s due to COM 7 closing next week.

Three 24 hours slots are free as of today. With five channels looking for new homes as far as I know as of June 30th.
Old 22-06-2022, 23:49   #440
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Just thinking out loud.

Why did Narrative Capital Partners launch Pop Player on Freeview?

I can Narrative Capital Partners looking to save money on a costs of Pop and Tiny Pop on Freeview.

And with Horror Xtra hours being rumour as 5pm to 3am it owners can sell it 3am to 5pm to a other broadcaster I only listed NOW 80s due to COM 7 closing next week.

Three 24 hours slots are free as of today. With five channels looking for new homes as far as I know as of June 30th.
Thanks MB.

Pop Player, the app, was already part of Freeview Play app lineup so I'm not that sure what they've got out of it other than the name acting like advertising on the EPG.

Here's a thought, which I'd rather didn't happen...but it occurred to me...QVC Style occupies a 1pm to 7pm slot shared with QVC Beauty SD, also on COM6. Maybe it's taking the 3am to 5pm slot to enable QVC Beauty SD to go 24hrs...from the money saved from the HD versions closing down on COM7.
Old 23-06-2022, 00:58   #441
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Thanks MB.

Pop Player, the app, was already part of Freeview Play app lineup so I'm not that sure what they've got out of it other than the name acting like advertising on the EPG.

Here's a thought, which I'd rather didn't happen...but it occurred to me...QVC Style occupies a 1pm to 7pm slot shared with QVC Beauty SD, also on COM6. Maybe it's taking the 3am to 5pm slot to enable QVC Beauty SD to go 24hrs...from the money saved from the HD versions closing down on COM7.
I was told a unconfirm rumour that PBS may move soon to a new slot on COM4.

I was told PBS was one of a broadcasters (PBS is a only name I know) who has make a bid for Craft Extra slot.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 23-06-2022 at 01:04.
Old 23-06-2022, 01:02   #442
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I have seen a unconfirm rumour that PBS may move soon to a new slot on COM4.
Is this a new one? Or that tweet response they gave someone recently? Mind you, that didn't have a specific multiplex mentioned, just that they were looking for more space.

I hope they do manage a longer slot. Since they're one of the better channels.
Old 23-06-2022, 01:11   #443
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
But QVC is broadcasting QVC Style and QVC Beauty SD with QVC Extra 24/7 on Freeview Channel 16 via Red Button so QVC is not going to pay for any more broadcasting time on COM6 in my view.
Old 23-06-2022, 01:26   #444
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
But QVC is broadcasting QVC Style and QVC Beauty SD with QVC Extra 24/7 on Freeview Channel 16 via Red Button so QVC is not going to pay for any more broadcasting time on COM6 in my view.
The impression of QVC customers I have is they are less likely to be the sort to have their TVs connected to the internet so are unlikely to use the Red Button streams. A daytime, rather than primetime broadcast slot will be cheaper, and they aren't going to paying for COM7 stream any more, so those funds could be reallocated.

Anyway, it was just a thought, and I hope it doesn't happen.
Old 23-06-2022, 14:14   #445
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Freesports is leaving Freeview.
https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/freesports-leaves-freeview

---------- Post added at 12:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 ----------

Apparently That's TV (UK) is taking over its channel number (Ch 65).

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Some of the channels are apparently showing on-screen messages, I'll see which. According to RXTV other changes include:
Quest Red +1
Together TV
That's Music
...are all staying with unspecified multiplexes with increased coverage.

Now 80s is staying but moves to Manchester mux.

More4+1 is closing.

As is the Craft Extra placeholder that's been in legal limbo.

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/two-days-o...ll-the-changes

---------- Post added at 13:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Most of the channels affected are showing messages on-screen, but not all.

Looks like That's Music is renaming as Classic Hits.

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Changes all happening on the 29th.
Old 23-06-2022, 14:59   #446
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

24 hours slots:
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

Slots information right as of June 16th.

What’s changing in June on Freeview:

Soon:
-BBC B Mux has room to add up to two SD Channels.
-SDN to provide capacity for a 24/7 stream on Com4 multiplex.
-Together TV to carry on broadcasting on Freeview but as a DTAS service - i.e. streamed channel.

June:
29th. 4Music will become E4 Extra on Freeview Channel 31.
30th. Horror Channel will become Legend on Freeview Channel 41.
30th. Freesports closes on on Freeview Channel 65.
30th. CBS Reality will become Reality on Freeview Channel 67.

30th. CBS Drama will become RealityXtra in reduction to coverage on Freeview Channel 68. (Local Mux?)
30th. CBS Justice closes on on Freeview Channel 69.
30th. Quest Red +1 moves to a new mux but stays on Freeview Channel 71.
30th. NOW 80s move to Manchester Mux today on Freeview Channel 77.

30th. Together TV moves to a new mux but stays on Freeview Channel 83.
30th. More4 +1 closes on on Freeview Channel 86.
30th. PBS America +1 closes today on Freeview Channel 87.
30th. That's TV (UK) moves to a new mux but move from Freeview Channel 91 to Freeview Channel 65.

30th. That's TV Music will become Classic Hits and moves to a new mux but stays on Freeview Channel 92.
30th. Craft Extra will be removed from Freeview Channel 95.
30th. Forces TV closes today on Freeview Channel 96.
30th. BBC FOUR HD will move to BBC B Mux - Viewers will need to retune to carry on watching on Freeview Channel 106.

30th. BBC News HD closes today on Freeview Channel 107.
30th. QVC HD close today on Freeview Channel 111.
30th. QVC Beauty HD close today on Freeview Channel 112.
30th. Quest HD close today on Freeview Channel 114.

30th. CBeebies HD will move to BBC B Mux - Viewers will need to retune to carry on watching on Freeview Channel 205.
30th. COM7 will close today.

^Freeview viewers can access high quality streams of all its channels through the red button on Freeview Channel 16.

All information is right as of June 23rd.
Old 23-06-2022, 16:35   #447
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Official Freeview page regards upcoming changes of 29th and 30th June.
https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/serv...view-june-2022
Old 23-06-2022, 16:58   #448
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Official Freeview page regards upcoming changes of 29th and 30th June.
https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/serv...view-june-2022
24 hours slots:
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

Base on that Freeview link

*Together TV may move to COM5 (3am to 7am)
*That’s TV (UK) will move to COM4 or COM6
*Quest Red +1 will move to COM4 or COM6

*Classic Hits is moving to CBS Drama or CBS Justice on COM6.
*COM6 will still have a free slot on June 30th.

*And CBS Drama may move to Local Mux.

---------- Post added at 15:58 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Also now we know why Horror Channel was move to CBS Justice old channel number on Freeview last month.

With a news today that CBS Justice will close on Freeview on June 30th.
Old 23-06-2022, 22:49   #449
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

UPDATE: CBS Reality will NOT be rebrand from June 30th.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/cbs-channe...mp-end-of-june

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

I am still in shock that "That's TV" can buy two UK Wide slots on COM6 from June 30th. But

-Sky only got That's TV UK.
-Virgin only got That's TV Local in some areas.

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

RXTV says Together TV will move from COM7 to COM6.

https://rxtvinfo.com/freeview-updates
Old 24-06-2022, 00:44   #450
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
UPDATE: CBS Reality will NOT be rebrand from June 30th.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/cbs-channe...mp-end-of-june

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

I am still in shock that "That's TV" can buy two UK Wide slots on COM6 from June 30th. But

-Sky only got That's TV UK.
-Virgin only got That's TV Local in some areas.

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

RXTV says Together TV will move from COM7 to COM6.

https://rxtvinfo.com/freeview-updates
I'm really wondering what sort of sources RXTV has. I was expecting quite different multiplex allocations based on which services were staying from COM7.

Oh well, we'll see when the changes actually happen.