Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Freeview changes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

Freeview changes

Old 02-06-2022, 19:52   #406
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freeview changes

Here is the up to date list of space on Freeview being unused.

24 hours slots:
-Old Create and Craft Extra slot on COM4
-Old RT slot on COM6
-Old Ideal World Extra slot on Local Mux

Part time slots:
-Smithsonian Channel slot on COM5 (3am to 7am only)
-Jewellery Maker/PBS slot on COM6 (5am to 8am only)

All information right as of June 2nd.

All following Channels are set to close/or move to other streams on Freeview by July 2022.

SD:
*FreeSports
*Quest Red+1
*Now 80s
*More4+1
*PBS America+1
*That's TV (UK)
*Forces TV
*Together TV

HD:
*Quest HD

So I think a following may happen (My own views):
*NOW 80s may move to COM6
*Forces TV may move to COM4
*FreeSports may move to LTV Mux
*Together TV will be moving to IPTV

I think That's TV UK will stay on Freeview but only via IPTV (Line up is the same as That's TV Local anyway.)

I think it safe to say the following is set to close on Freeview:

Quest Red+1
More4+1
PBS America+1
That's TV (UK)
Quest HD

What’s changing in June on Freeview:

TBC: BBC FOUR HD will move to BBC B Mux.
TBC: CBeebies HD will move to BBC B Mux.
TBC: Up to two SD Channels may launch on BBC B Mux.

30th: BBC News HD closes today on Freeview.
30th: COM7 will close today.

All information is right as of June 2nd.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 02-06-2022 at 19:57.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2022, 17:00   #407
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Official confirmation that when COM7 closes the BBC will be moving CBeebies HD and BBC4 HD to PSB3, aka BBCB.

BBC News HD is closing on Freeview. They've clearly decided there's only enough space for one extra HD stream on that multiplex.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/work.../news/waw-com7
The CBeebies HD and BBC Four HD move to PSB3 will be anytime from June 6th to June 22nd as:

Glastonbury runs from June 23rd to June 26th. https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/bbc-unveil...nbury-coverage

Then Wimbledon starts on June 27th to July 10th.
Old 03-06-2022, 18:37   #408
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
The CBeebies HD and BBC Four HD move to PSB3 will be anytime from June 6th to June 22nd as:

Glastonbury runs from June 23rd to June 26th. https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/bbc-unveil...nbury-coverage

Then Wimbledon starts on June 27th to July 10th.
I'd have expected it during that period anyway, without the events taking place, just so it's done in plenty time before the COM7 switchoff.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 20:45   #409
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:

24 hours slots:
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

All following Channels are set to close/or move to other streams on Freeview by July 2022.

SD:
*FreeSports
*Quest Red+1
*Now 80s
*More4+1
*PBS America+1
*That's TV (UK)
*Forces TV
*Together TV

HD:
*Quest HD

I think That's TV UK will stay on Freeview but only via IPTV (Line up is the same as That's TV Local anyway.)

Quest Red+1
More4+1
PBS America+1
That's TV (UK)
Quest HD

TBC: CBeebies HD will move to BBC B Mux.
TBC: Up to two SD Channels may launch on BBC B Mux.

All information is right as of June 2nd.
I have just seen that I forgot to add both QVC HD and QVC Beauty HD to list.
Old 07-06-2022, 16:55   #410
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

The Service IDs for BBC4 HD and CBeebies HD have appeared on BBCB/PSB3.
Thanks to @a516digital on Twitter for heads-up.
https://twitter.com/a516digital/stat...85507923677186

I chose a random area on DigitalBitRate and can confirm they have appeared.
Old 08-06-2022, 18:11   #411
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

On Digital Spy Forum Radiomike has today posted "Reminder also that SDN (Com4) is advertising a 24/7 stream available on Com 4 with a closing date for offers of Fri 17 June".

https://sdn.co.uk/assets/SDN-RFP.pdf
Old 08-06-2022, 23:46   #412
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
On Digital Spy Forum Radiomike has today posted "Reminder also that SDN (Com4) is advertising a 24/7 stream available on Com 4 with a closing date for offers of Fri 17 June".

https://sdn.co.uk/assets/SDN-RFP.pdf
LOL. I was just about to post that.

Wondered what the source is. Thanks for the URL.
Old 09-06-2022, 00:43   #413
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Source was: "
SDN are delighted to be able to provide capacity for a 24/7 stream on Com4 multiplex (full national distribution). SDN are inviting offers for this capacity with immediate availability. The closing date for offers is 5pm, Friday 17 June. Please submit any offer to (been removed by Media Boy UK). More details on form and criteria are to be found in the RFP."

https://sdn.co.uk/
Old 09-06-2022, 09:11   #414
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Source was: "
SDN are delighted to be able to provide capacity for a 24/7 stream on Com4 multiplex (full national distribution). SDN are inviting offers for this capacity with immediate availability. The closing date for offers is 5pm, Friday 17 June. Please submit any offer to (been removed by Media Boy UK). More details on form and criteria are to be found in the RFP."

https://sdn.co.uk/
Thanks MB.
Old 09-06-2022, 16:25   #415
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Thanks MB.
I wonder if SDN are looking to sell 5Select old slot on COM4 or Create and Craft Extra old slot on COM4.

I think with the two data channels being axe last month that would make room for two SD Channels to launch - SDN did carry 18 SD Channels back in 2020 for some time.
Old 09-06-2022, 16:47   #416
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I wonder if SDN are looking to sell 5Select old slot on COM4 or Create and Craft Extra old slot on COM4.

I think with the two data channels being axe last month that would make room for two SD Channels to launch - SDN did carry 18 SD Channels back in 2020 for some time.
The 18 were alongside those data channels, so them disappearing is fresh space, now partly taken up by Pop Player. But not much space, the freed up space isn't enough for a TV channel, maybe a radio station, but I doubt there's demand for that unless Arqiva were trying to remove their stations from COM5/6.
Old 12-06-2022, 23:02   #417
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

24 hours slots:
-Old RT slot on COM6

Part time slots:

SD:
*FreeSports
*Quest Red+1
*Now 80s
*More4+1
*PBS America+1
*That's TV (UK)
*Forces TV
*Together TV

HD:
*Quest HD
*QVC HD
*QVC Beauty HD

Quest Red+1
More4+1
PBS America+1
That's TV (UK)
Quest HD

By:
18th. SDN to provide capacity for a 24/7 stream on Com4 multiplex
22nd. CBeebies HD will move to BBC B Mux.
22nd. Up to two SD Channels may launch on BBC B Mux.

Today:

All information is right as of June 12th.
Old 13-06-2022, 10:35   #418
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

I'm curious about your thinking MB, why do you think CBeebies HD is moving earlier/separately than its stream partner BBC4 HD?

Also, there haven't been any extra Service IDs added to PSB3/BBCB since the CBeebies HD/BBC4 HD ones, so if there are going to be new SD streams on PSB3/BBCB they aren't going to launch at the same time as the BBC changes. I'm not saying there won't be any extra SD streams on that mux to utilise unused space, just that they aren't imminent as there would likely be signs by now.
Old 13-06-2022, 14:05   #419
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
I'm curious about your thinking MB, why do you think CBeebies HD is moving earlier/separately than its stream partner BBC4 HD?

Also, there haven't been any extra Service IDs added to PSB3/BBCB since the CBeebies HD/BBC4 HD ones, so if there are going to be new SD streams on PSB3/BBCB they aren't going to launch at the same time as the BBC changes. I'm not saying there won't be any extra SD streams on that mux to utilise unused space, just that they aren't imminent as there would likely be signs by now.
Just saw it - it was a oops on my part.

Unless NOW 80s moves to a new Mux - Freeview viewers will have no TV Music channels from June 29th.

4Music will become E4 Extra.

Box Hits will become 4Music only on Virgin, Sky and Freesat

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 13-06-2022 at 14:18.
Old 13-06-2022, 15:14   #420
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Just saw it - it was a oops on my part.

Unless NOW 80s moves to a new Mux - Freeview viewers will have no TV Music channels from June 29th.

4Music will become E4 Extra.

Box Hits will become 4Music only on Virgin, Sky and Freesat
Thought it might be. No worries.

I was just thinking, what with E4's demographic being less into broadcast, maybe Channel 4 would sacrifice E4+1 on Freeview and keep the New 4Music on the platform. A music channel would surely be more worthwhile on Freeview than a timeshift. Just an idea.