Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Error code M305

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Error code M305

Old 20-04-2022, 20:22   #1
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Error code M305

I'm trying to record a programme at 10:06 on 29 April on the BBC World Service (channel 906) but each time I try to set this it keeps coming up with error code M3005 saying that my request cannot be processed.

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-04-2022, 20:54   #2
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Error code M305

'The Real Story' - on a V6 to old TiVo ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I'm trying to record a programme at 10:06 on 29 April on the BBC World Service (channel 906) but each time I try to set this it keeps coming up with error code M3005 saying that my request cannot be processed.

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2022, 21:01   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Your title says M305, your post says M3005 - which is it ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2022, 21:40   #4
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
'The Real Story' - on a V6 to old TiVo ?
On a V6.

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Your title says M305, your post says M3005 - which is it ?
M305.
Old 21-04-2022, 13:09   #5
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
'The Real Story'
Ah, one of those series without episode info.

Set up a manual recording for it if the series link won't work correctly.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2022, 15:02   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Ah, one of those series without episode info.

Set up a manual recording for it if the series link won't work correctly.
Good idea, thanks SP, I'll do just that 😀
Old 21-04-2022, 18:17   #7
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

https://tivoidp.tivo.com/tivoCommuni...305-Error-Code

This one doesn't work https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-...x-error-codes/
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2022, 18:53   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
That's because that page is for Virgin Media Ireland - who don't have TiVo

The Virgin Media UK one is here https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-...ich-error-code - although it also doesn't have it as I assume it doesn't happen much.
Old 21-04-2022, 21:54   #9
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

… or maybe the error is generated by the TV and not the TiVo software.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 17:28   #10
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Over the last week or so I've had pretty bad pixelation mainly on the BBC news channel, I tried all the so-called fixes, checking the cables, etc, to make sure they were all connected properly, and unplugging the V6 box at the mains, but it didn't solve the problem.
I've since had a message telling me there is an intermittent signal in my area and to check back in 24 hours to see if this has been fixed, anyone else had this problem recently?

Thx
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2022, 08:46   #11
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Over the last week or so I've had pretty bad pixelation mainly on the BBC news channel, I tried all the so-called fixes, checking the cables, etc, to make sure they were all connected properly, and unplugging the V6 box at the mains, but it didn't solve the problem.
I've since had a message telling me there is an intermittent signal in my area and to check back in 24 hours to see if this has been fixed, anyone else had this problem recently?

Thx
It sounds like it's just a local issue.

While they fix it, can you get a better picture through the live BBC News stream on the BBC I-Player?
Old 13-05-2022, 16:06   #12
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

How is this related to Error code M305 ?

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2022, 18:23   #13
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
How is this related to Error code M305 ?
It isn't.