Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2022, 19:10   #106
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Nice one. If people show them they mean business, it pays dividends.

As linear channels reduce and the streaming services aren't added (even if not free like some are on Sky), it beggars belief that they think that they can put up prices by 12%.

When fuel goes up by 50% in April, when the Government puts up National Insurance, when food prices are rising, do they really think that people who are just about managing will still pay for their TV service by going cold and hungry!
They really should get a backbone , and say no to everyone ,as "we" are just costing others more . Yes I do it all the time , and yes I have got a reduction on top of my reduction, would love to understand the business plan they are working to. Now paying less than before the new price rise. Crazy
Old 13-01-2022, 19:41   #107
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
. I told them that not doing so would result in many accounts that I control being switched elsewhere .
So threaten call agents is the way to go?

How many accounts do you control? Just out of interest.

I rang and actually got a price cut for eighteen months.
Old 13-01-2022, 22:07   #108
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
So threaten call agents is the way to go?

How many accounts do you control? Just out of interest.

I rang and actually got a price cut for eighteen months.
Not the person you're replying too, but I control

My Parents - VIP @ £99
My Mother-In-Laws - 100MB, Mid TV, Unlimited phone @ £52.49
My Bothers - VIP @ £105
A friend - VIP @ £99
Mine - VIP + Extra box £115

Sometimes it's ring "thinking of leaving" and just ask what can you do for me and others it's a good few weeks of ringing till a good enough deal is offered. Took ages to do my parents on last time could even get though I think it was when the last price rise was.
This year seems like I may have to give 30 days' notice in the hope they ring me. Once BT has rolled out 500meg to our town virgin will be screwed, Currently, my parents, brothers, and mine can get 300meg which my parents wouldn't notice me and my brother would.

Pro's with sky
UHD Sky Sports
Cons
no UHD BT Sport
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
Old 14-01-2022, 13:56   #109
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Ofcom is reporting that CNBC (UK) Limited has been given a new broadcasting licensed for NBC News Now

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 14-01-2022, 15:15   #110
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Rumour: Zee TV HD replaces Zee TV tomorrow.

Bizasia is reporting that Zee TV HD will replaces Zee TV on Virgin UK Channel 809 from Tomorrow.

https://www.bizasialive.com/zee-tv-h...-of-uk-launch/
Just to note for anyone interested, this doesn't appear to have actually happened, as 809 still says Zee TV with the standard Zee TV logo, not the HD one used when Zee TV was previously available on VM in HD.
Old 14-01-2022, 15:24   #111
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The V6 box still switches to 576i - while the Sky HD feed has the 'Zee TV HD' dog which is still the standard 'Zee TV' dog on VM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Just to note for anyone interested, this doesn't appear to have actually happened, as 809 still says Zee TV with the standard Zee TV logo, not the HD one used when Zee TV was previously available on VM in HD.
Old 14-01-2022, 15:53   #112
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I just phoned to say that I would not be paying their over the top increase of £8.50 per month from 1st March, and before I could speak to anyone I got a recorded message saying that this increase would not be happening for the next six months if I pressed one on my phone's keypad to accept, which I gladly did.
I can only assume that they've had so many complaints about this that they have decided to drop the increases, but probably only to those people who have phoned up to complain/threaten to leave.
Old 14-01-2022, 16:15   #113
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The V6 box still switches to 576i - while the Sky HD feed has the 'Zee TV HD' dog which is still the standard 'Zee TV' dog on VM.
Bizasia did say yesterday that Zee TV HD was set to launch "Later today" (January 13th).

[Posted by Bizasia on January 13th]

https://www.bizasialive.com/zee-tv-h...-launch-in-uk/
Old 14-01-2022, 18:49   #114
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I just phoned to say that I would not be paying their over the top increase of £8.50 per month from 1st March, and before I could speak to anyone I got a recorded message saying that this increase would not be happening for the next six months if I pressed one on my phone's keypad to accept, which I gladly did.
I can only assume that they've had so many complaints about this that they have decided to drop the increases, but probably only to those people who have phoned up to complain/threaten to leave.
Have virgin lost the plot ? Yesterday spoke to rep got £5 off . Have email confirming, saw this so just phoned ,got £4.25 a month off for 6 months so £9.25 off for 6 months and £5 off till end of contract
Old 14-01-2022, 21:18   #115
ncfc1902
cf.addict

ncfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond reputencfc1902 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, just done the same myself 🙂
Old 14-01-2022, 22:35   #116
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Wee bit of channels news:

Quote:
Eurosport to launch "pop up channels" next month.

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/eurosport-...mpics-coverage
DS Forum is now reporting that Eurosport 3, Eurosport 4 and Eurosport 5 are now testing on Astra UK ahead of next month Winter Olympics.

Still to hear about Virgin Media UK doing any tests for them and BBC THREE HD.
Old 14-01-2022, 22:59   #117
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
They did the same last year.
Old 14-01-2022, 23:05   #118
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Ofcom is reporting that CNBC (UK) Limited has been given a new broadcasting licensed for NBC News Now

How intriguing....i wonder what this is all about
Old 15-01-2022, 05:37   #119
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

'Later today' was two days ago - still SD this morning.

Quote:
Bizasia did say yesterday that Zee TV HD was set to launch "Later today" (January 13th).

[Posted by Bizasia on January 13th]

https://www.bizasialive.com/zee-tv-h...-launch-in-uk/
Old 15-01-2022, 11:15   #120
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

This is currently their online version:

https://www.nbcnews.com/now

Do they need an Ofcom licence to operate this through the likes of Roku, Amazon Fire, etc., or does this imply they are going to launch it on at least some TV platforms (Sky via Peacock comes to mind, if not a channel in its own right on EPGs)?
Closed Thread