Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 10-01-2022, 11:39   #796
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
From today's FT on HBO Max (10/01/22)

https://www.ft.com/content/10d41405-...0-f02586081b6a

*Chief Executive of WarnerMedia. Tipped to leave when Discovery acquires control.
For those without a FT sub

https://archive.vn/r0pjk
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2022, 07:35   #797
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
£59.99 here too no £29.99 option.
It"s now showing as £29.99 for me

Looks there struggling for subscribers the UK at least
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 10:56   #798
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

January's always a tough time for subscribers who have spent heavily over Christmas.

Looks like I now have a special offer until 20th February at £29.99 for year 1 only.

Long term, I can see D+ being an add on or part of HBO Max when the two companies merge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Discovery.JPG (107.9 KB, 23 views)
1andrew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 12:59   #799
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
January's always a tough time for subscribers who have spent heavily over Christmas.

Looks like I now have a special offer until 20th February at £29.99 for year 1 only.

Long term, I can see D+ being an add on or part of HBO Max when the two companies merge.
Offer showing for me too.
Old 12-01-2022, 13:11   #800
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Discovery+ offer probably, partially at least, related to Winter Olympics coming up, since they have the most coverage.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 13:40   #801
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Launch date set for BBC Three return.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2022...eid=3598503789
Old 12-01-2022, 13:48   #802
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Launch date set for BBC Three return.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2022...eid=3598503789
BBC link https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2022/bbc-three-on-tv
Old 12-01-2022, 19:41   #803
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/br...iEuk_BgWOVqPwI

BT Sport set for massive takeover which gives boxing giant DAZN Premier League rights
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 20:22   #804
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post

BT Sport set for massive takeover which gives boxing giant DAZN Premier League rights

Not saying it is incorrect (as DAZN were definitely in the mix) however I would prefer to wait for a reputable paper to carry the information rather than that rag.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 20:30   #805
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

https://www.reuters.com/business/med...es-2022-01-12/

Seems to be largely a copy and paste job of the Reuters story on the same subject, it’s now in a few of the UK rags.

I’m quite entertained by this gem:

Quote:
But analysts have said BT Sport's value contribution has been hard to define, and some investors have balked at the risk of bidding for expensive rights.
I thought it was easy to make a profit on sports rights.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 20:30   #806
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Not saying it is incorrect (as DAZN were definitely in the mix) however I would prefer to wait for a reputable paper to carry the information rather than that rag.
They appear to have sourced Reuters' reporting

Phunkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 20:32   #807
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post

BT are in discussions with 3 companies atm.
Old 12-01-2022, 23:13   #808
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

Seems to be largely a copy and paste job of the Reuters story on the same subject, it’s now in a few of the UK rags.

I’m quite entertained by this gem:

I thought it was easy to make a profit on sports rights.
Only according to our resident Outside Broadcaster

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

Quote:
BT are in discussions with 3 companies atm.

That was the last I saw in the reputable press - as I said before the Star is a rag, facts are not supposed to get in the way of a good story
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 23:29   #809
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Only according to our resident Outside Broadcaster

---------- Post added at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:12 ----------

That was the last I saw in the reputable press - as I said before the Star is a rag, facts are not supposed to get in the way of a good story
Exactly mate, the information i have is from work as you guys know i work for a company that deals with mulyiple broadcasting and communication companies etc.
Although that may be changing as got a interview to work in the gaming industry tomorrow afternoon.
Old 13-01-2022, 10:33   #810
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Exactly mate, the information i have is from work as you guys know i work for a company that deals with mulyiple broadcasting and communication companies etc.
Although that may be changing as got a interview to work in the gaming industry tomorrow afternoon.
Computer/video rather than gambling I'd imagine.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote