Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 13:40   #91
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
I see now, I assumed this was related to the conversation about the recently announced price hikes, not the typical situation at the end of retention deals.

Thanks for clarifying!
Yes, that’s what I thought at first!
Old 12-01-2022, 15:23   #92
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure if it's been discussed before, but is the plan for BBC One HD to be fully regionalised on 101 in time for a mini EPG reshuffle so BBC Three HD can go on 107 and BBC Four HD on 108?
Old 12-01-2022, 19:05   #93
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Not sure if it's been discussed before, but is the plan for BBC One HD to be fully regionalised on 101 in time for a mini EPG reshuffle so BBC Three HD can go on 107 and BBC Four HD on 108?
They've never said anything publicly but it's not impossible. It has been suggested by some that the E4 deal for 106 might be up soonish and BBC3 might get the slot it vacated back eventually.
Old 12-01-2022, 20:16   #94
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

When my previously discounted deals have ended, I've usually been offered very similar deals to stay as a customer, if this doesn't happen when my current deal comes to an end later in the spring, then there's no way I will be paying an extra £38 or whatever the amount is.
Old 12-01-2022, 20:21   #95
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Rumour: Zee TV HD replaces Zee TV tomorrow.

Bizasia is reporting that Zee TV HD will replaces Zee TV on Virgin UK Channel 809 from Tomorrow.

https://www.bizasialive.com/zee-tv-h...-of-uk-launch/
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 12-01-2022, 23:09   #96
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Create and Craft sold to The Craft Store.

https://ideal.shopping/press/create-...e-craft-store/
Old 12-01-2022, 23:26   #97
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

I assume the channels will be moulded together then...
Old 13-01-2022, 00:16   #98
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
I assume the channels will be moulded together then...
Keep it with Media Boy HQ to see if Virgin Media launch The Craft Store or drop Create & Craft!!!
Old 13-01-2022, 00:56   #99
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Keep it with Media Boy HQ to see if Virgin Media launch The Craft Store or drop Create & Craft!!!
The Craft Store's tweet and their responses to the replies suggest nothing will change imminently. https://twitter.com/thecraftstoretv/...28111986081794
Old 13-01-2022, 14:44   #100
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The Craft Store's tweet and their responses to the replies suggest nothing will change imminently. https://twitter.com/thecraftstoretv/...28111986081794
But Create & Craft new owner did say on Tuesday: "In due course, Hochanda will merge the two businesses to offer customers a wider choice of crafts and suppliers."

What will happen to Create & Craft HD and Create & Craft Extra on Astra UK?
Will Virgin Media drop Create & Craft or launch The Craft Store?
Will The Craft Store drop a Create & Craft brand?

Create & Craft may become The Craft Store Extra.
Create & Craft Extra may become The Craft Store Offers.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 13-01-2022 at 15:00.
Old 13-01-2022, 18:54   #101
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
But Create & Craft new owner did say on Tuesday: "In due course, Hochanda will merge the two businesses to offer customers a wider choice of crafts and suppliers."

What will happen to Create & Craft HD and Create & Craft Extra on Astra UK?
Will Virgin Media drop Create & Craft or launch The Craft Store?
Will The Craft Store drop a Create & Craft brand?

Create & Craft may become The Craft Store Extra.
Create & Craft Extra may become The Craft Store Offers.
Wow such excitement can't wait to hear more
Old 13-01-2022, 19:09   #102
locutus1974
cf.member

Services: virginmedia TV XL,1 tb tivo, v box in another room, Phone Large, BB large (30) pay as u go mobil
locutus1974 is on a distinguished roadlocutus1974 is on a distinguished road

Called 150 and got through to retentions, I was trying to counter the £5.75 price increase until my deal ends in December (got a deal on an 18 month contract last July.) Was told they cant do anything at the moment as the discount I am on is one done that was done by the operator at the time and they cannot beat it. Told them I would have to think about it as the incease was to much. Called again 2 days later went through to retentions to an automated message telling me they would like to offer a £6.00 discount on the bill for 6 months and to press 1 to accept it. So I will now be calling again in 6 months time to see what they can offer
Old 13-01-2022, 19:23   #103
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus1974 View Post
Called 150 and got through to retentions, I was trying to counter the £5.75 price increase until my deal ends in December (got a deal on an 18 month contract last July.) Was told they cant do anything at the moment as the discount I am on is one done that was done by the operator at the time and they cannot beat it. Told them I would have to think about it as the incease was to much. Called again 2 days later went through to retentions to an automated message telling me they would like to offer a £6.00 discount on the bill for 6 months and to press 1 to accept it. So I will now be calling again in 6 months time to see what they can offer
I rang them three days ago as I usually have the price increase taken off, but not this time. I told them that not doing so would result in many accounts that I control being switched elsewhere (and I would do it), but that made no difference whatsoever.

I then spoke to my contact at the CEO office who said that she would see what she could do, so I gave her 7 days to get back to me. I've just received a call to say that I won't have to pay the increase.

It sounds to me like they thought they'd be strict and insist everyone paid extra.

I've never known an automatic discount on the phone like that before. Well done, it sounds like they are receiving a backlash against the price increase. Good.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 13-01-2022 at 19:27.
Old 13-01-2022, 19:39   #104
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I rang them three days ago as I usually have the price increase taken off, but not this time. I told them that not doing so would result in many accounts that I control being switched elsewhere (and I would do it), but that made no difference whatsoever.

I then spoke to my contact at the CEO office who said that she would see what she could do, so I gave her 7 days to get back to me. I've just received a call to say that I won't have to pay the increase.

It sounds to me like they thought they'd be strict and insist everyone paid extra.

I've never known an automatic discount on the phone like that before. Well done, it sounds like they are receiving a backlash against the price increase. Good.
I was given a 12% increase every month despite being on a 18 month fixed price contract so I started looking elsewhere.

Did a bit of shopping around, found a Sky TV deal which includes Netflix 4K (which I already pay £13.99 a month for) and Sky Customers also get Discovery+ so when my current sub of that ends I will get 12 months.

Managed to eventually get a deal on broadband with VM (200m for £28) ironically a rolling discount of £10 I had has rolled over so paying £18 a month for the next 10 months.

Quite happy as SkyQ getting installed this weekend
Old 13-01-2022, 19:58   #105
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I was given a 12% increase every month despite being on a 18 month fixed price contract so I started looking elsewhere.

Did a bit of shopping around, found a Sky TV deal which includes Netflix 4K (which I already pay £13.99 a month for) and Sky Customers also get Discovery+ so when my current sub of that ends I will get 12 months.

Managed to eventually get a deal on broadband with VM (200m for £28) ironically a rolling discount of £10 I had has rolled over so paying £18 a month for the next 10 months.

Quite happy as SkyQ getting installed this weekend
Nice one. If people show them they mean business, it pays dividends.

As linear channels reduce and the streaming services aren't added (even if not free like some are on Sky), it beggars belief that they think that they can put up prices by 12%.

When fuel goes up by 50% in April, when the Government puts up National Insurance, when food prices are rising, do they really think that people who are just about managing will still pay for their TV service by going cold and hungry!
Closed Thread