Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2022, 21:06   #76
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sky UK sister network to launch a Sky Cinema "live" UHD Channel later this month - only on Sky Italy.

https://advanced-television.com/2022...sky-cinema-4k/
Of all the EPG Genres, movies is probably the most suited to on-demand, so a live 4K movie channel is an unusual development.
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2022, 21:10   #77
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Of all the EPG Genres, movies is probably the most suited to on-demand, so a live 4K movie channel is an unusual development.
If I was to take an educated guess I suspect the 4K channel is probably there to serve customers in a territory/country that still has patchy broadband coverage...
Old 11-01-2022, 23:19   #78
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
If I was to take an educated guess I suspect the 4K channel is probably there to serve customers in a territory/country that still has patchy broadband coverage...
From what I'm told by my friends in Italy, coverage and speeds there would give the UK a run for its money.
Old 11-01-2022, 23:48   #79
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
Like the UK
Old 12-01-2022, 03:19   #80
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

ah more bill increases confirmed and my loyalty discount ends in april so a whopping 38 quid increase incoming... coupled with the fact im new on virgin mobile and got zero "loyalty" bonuses for having "both services".

Usually an email to mockbridge got the retentions team to call me 2-3 weeks after. I assume now with this new guy that whole process is over and i now have to kick, scream and scratch for some kind of continuing loyalty discount? Any advice? What are people paying for "everything"? so i can quote prices at people in an uneducated but polite manner
Old 12-01-2022, 08:14   #81
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
ah more bill increases confirmed and my loyalty discount ends in april so a whopping 38 quid increase incoming... coupled with the fact im new on virgin mobile and got zero "loyalty" bonuses for having "both services".

Usually an email to mockbridge got the retentions team to call me 2-3 weeks after. I assume now with this new guy that whole process is over and i now have to kick, scream and scratch for some kind of continuing loyalty discount? Any advice? What are people paying for "everything"? so i can quote prices at people in an uneducated but polite manner
Well, if £3.17 a month extra is going to produce such a reaction, you'll be a basket case when you see your fuel bill increase that's coming in the spring.
Old 12-01-2022, 08:59   #82
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post

Just call 150 and choose the thinking of leaving option, tell them your loyalty discount has ended and they will sort you a new one
Old 12-01-2022, 09:05   #83
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Looks like software version 4.37 is starting to roll out for 360 boxes. Both of mine updated overnight. I can see no visible difference but will take a more detailed look this evening.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:17   #84
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, if £3.17 a month extra is going to produce such a reaction, you'll be a basket case when you see your fuel bill increase that's coming in the spring.
its £38 pounds a month not £3.17

Mine will be a £37.50 per month increase in August
My parents will be a £48 per month increase in April
My brother £42.5 per month increase in September

I will phone up and try to get as close as to what we pay now when the time comes, but Sky is looking a better deal at these prices (around £150 for old VIP)
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
Old 12-01-2022, 11:41   #85
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post

I will phone up and try to get as close as to what we pay now when the time comes, but Sky is looking a better deal at these prices (around £150 for old VIP)
Not trying to tell you (or anyone) to jump ship but we've found Sky to be very open to doing a deal.

When it's end of contract time I just give them a call and ask what they can do. If they can't beat the new customer prices then they'll match them but only if you specifically ask them to (a bit underhand that they'll happily rip you off if you don't ask, but I suppose you've got to play the game).
Old 12-01-2022, 12:26   #86
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

I have TV360, with Full house/ XL, 200 BB, Cinema channels and landline, which isn't connected to a phone. I'm on an offer until May then my price will go up buy £45+ to a month.
Old 12-01-2022, 13:10   #87
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Ah, yes, Vince is coming to the end of a deal, so I see why the increase is so steep. Sorry, Vince!

Anyone who is not on a deal will face a much smaller increase.

https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/gu...-customers-do/

Virgin Media hasn’t publicly confirmed the exact amounts it will be increasing prices by, but it has said the average monthly increase is £4.70, which is £56.40 per year.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 12-01-2022 at 13:19.
Old 12-01-2022, 13:19   #88
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

That can't be right, surely?

Are you sure it's a £37.50/£40/£42.50 per month increase? Or is it just going up by a few pounds to £37.50/£40/£42.50 per month?
Old 12-01-2022, 13:25   #89
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
Just call 150 and choose the thinking of leaving option, tell them your loyalty discount has ended and they will sort you a new one
I am sure that’s what most of us do when an existing deal is due to expire. The example Vince gives will impact everyone coming to the end of a deal, but the increase on advertised packages comes out at 3.9%.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
That can't be right, surely?

Are you sure it's a £37.50/£40/£42.50 per month increase? Or is it just going up by a few pounds to £37.50/£40/£42.50 per month?
It’s because it’s the end of special deals that he’s referring to. You always face a hike in prices at the end of a deal, but then you just start haggling again.
Old 12-01-2022, 13:27   #90
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I am sure that’s what most of us do when an existing deal is due to expire. The example Vince gives will impact everyone coming to the end of a deal, but the increase on advertised packages comes out at 3.9%.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

It’s because it’s the end of special deals that he’s referring to. You always face a hike in prices at the end of a deal, but then you just start haggling again.
I see now, I assumed this was related to the conversation about the recently announced price hikes, not the typical situation at the end of retention deals.

Thanks for clarifying!
Closed Thread