Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Change BBC1HD Series Links

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Change BBC1HD Series Links

Old 07-01-2022, 11:11   #1
daveoc14
cf.member

daveoc14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Change BBC1HD Series Links

Just gone into my V6 with 360 box and there is a message onscreen saying series links on BBC1HD 108 will need to be changed from January 11th.

It does not say why but perhaps they are moving to HD on channel 101 from that date?.
daveoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2022, 11:43   #2
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Change BBC1HD Series Links

Probably. I can't remember what happened when BBC1 Scotland HD moved to 101.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:46   #3
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Probably. I can't remember what happened when BBC1 Scotland HD moved to 101.
Information was on the Home page via Discovery Bar (at the top) when you press "Home".

On Screen info was given for STV was getting axe to make way for STV HD to be given Channel 103 in Scotland.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 12:29   #4
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmm, to warrant the disruption of everyone having to update their series links it must be something worthwhile, like the launch of all BBC One regions in HD and put on channel 101 in the EPG.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 12:33   #5
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Hmmm, to warrant the disruption of everyone having to update their series links it must be something worthwhile, like the launch of all BBC One regions in HD and put on channel 101 in the EPG.
Digital Bit Rate says that Virgin Media an local BBC One HD channel in Liverpool area. And RXTV says BBC will launch all new BBC One HD Channels by July 2022.

That all I know at time of posting.
Old 07-01-2022, 18:33   #6
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveoc14 View Post
Just gone into my V6 with 360 box and there is a message onscreen saying series links on BBC1HD 108 will need to be changed from January 11th.
360 users are getting this message, but not TiVo/V6 users.

Presumably TiVo-software's ability to have multi-channel series links, is not unrelated to this.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 19:02   #7
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
360 users are getting this message, but not TiVo/V6 users.

Presumably TiVo-software's ability to have multi-channel series links, is not unrelated to this.
Or maybe it's simply that BBC1 regions are about to go HD and the 360s will carry only BBC1HD henceforth.
Old 07-01-2022, 19:20   #8
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

That's also quite feasible - it's only the SD-regions that would otherwise prevent an HD-swap.
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 20:19   #9
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Yes, can’t see any other reason for doing it.
Old 07-01-2022, 20:34   #10
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

epsilon was reporting the following (See link) in late November 2021:

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...bc-one-hd.html
Old 07-01-2022, 22:11   #11
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

As I have posted in the "changes" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
It will probably be BBC One HD England but allocated to regional service IDs. The regional SIDs were added some time ago but the NIT hasn't yet been updated. Presumably, the change coming next week will simply be the NIT being updated. Nothing is actually testing as such, the old England SID and the new regional SIDs link to the same video and audio streams. Virgin will then be prepared to switch to the actual HD regional services as soon as they become available.

The 858 HD service IDs probably won't be added until the actual HD regions are available.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 17:44   #12
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Just to point out, if you've set up a personal favourites channel list in a profile, you'll need to re-add BBC One HD to that too.
Old 11-01-2022, 19:06   #13
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

So, I went into my 360 today, only to find that my recordings on BBC1HD had already been removed. So I put them back in. I’m not sure why it was necessary to do that - BBC1HD is still on channel 108, but I’m sure there’s some technical reason.

I have recordings set on channel 101 (for South Today). Presumably, that will just disappear come the changeover, so I’ll have to set it to record all over again. Except I won’t because I record the News At Ten with an hour added on at the end to cover over-runs, so these recordings will also embrace South Today when the time comes.
Old 11-01-2022, 20:03   #14
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So, I went into my 360 today, only to find that my recordings on BBC1HD had already been removed. So I put them back in. I’m not sure why it was necessary to do that - BBC1HD is still on channel 108, but I’m sure there’s some technical reason.

I have recordings set on channel 101 (for South Today). Presumably, that will just disappear come the changeover, so I’ll have to set it to record all over again. Except I won’t because I record the News At Ten with an hour added on at the end to cover over-runs, so these recordings will also embrace South Today when the time comes.
The BBC One HD service on 108 in England has been replaced with 14 new services to prepare for the launch of regional versions. I'm not sure how you expect the 360 to know which of these new services has replaced the old.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 20:50   #15
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
I'm not sure how you expect the 360 to know which of these new services has replaced the old.
Worth a little distinction now I guess - currently it can't be told as far as I understand. That's not to say that a future update could allow it to then.

Although apart from Channel 4 / 4 HD England, I'm not sure there will be another change line this anytime soon.