Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 14-12-2021, 14:49   #736
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Did i say it'd replace the licence?
You'd still need one if you was to watch live tv, it is more as a option for those who want on demand only there'd be no live streams on it.
I imagine most people would see it a backdoor increase in the licence fee and I don't think it would be allowed by the government in terms of the BBC Charter.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-12-2021, 15:27   #737
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Apple TV+ is now on Sky Glass and Sky Q
Quote:
Apple TV+ has officially arrived on the Sky Glass TV and Sky Q boxes. It joins a host of other streaming apps on Sky – including the big three: Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime Video.

From today (14th December), Sky Glass and Sky Q customers can gorge themselves on Emmy-winning Apple Originals such as Ted Lasso. Simply head to 'Apps' in the main Sky menu, or use the direct link on the homepage, to get started.

In the future, Sky plans to fold Apple TV+ content into its voice search functionality – users will be able to search for their favourite shows by hitting the voice button on the Sky remote, or via Sky Glass' frame-integrated microphone.
https://www.whathifi.com/news/apple-...lass-and-sky-q
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2021, 20:28   #738
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Just watching the Leicester V Liverpool game on prime, PQ is very good, but as the game is streamed it's a good 45 seconds to a minute behind real-time.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2021, 20:54   #739
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Just watching the Leicester V Liverpool game on prime, PQ is very good, but as the game is streamed it's a good 45 seconds to a minute behind real-time.
1 min 20 seconds here.

It has to be said the Covid outbreaks are playing into Amazon’s hands somewhat. They picked up their bargain basement rights on the basis that even split over a limited number of days there would be a limited number of individual match slots.

Now they get to kick a three games down the road and could show them alone in revised match slots.

I think BT have carried a few games forward on the same basis for later in the season from their midweek round.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2021, 21:09   #740
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

They've lost some business from the pubs though mate, a good friend of mine owns a pub where I live, and he told me that Amazon were wanting £600 from him to stream the games in his pub, you can imagine where he told them to stick it.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2021, 21:14   #741
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

That’s a lot of Tennents for midweek fixtures.
Old 28-12-2021, 23:20   #742
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
15 seconds via NBCsports and that's with a vpn so it's Amazon or VM that's likely the issue for delays as long as a minute.
Old 01-01-2022, 08:33   #743
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Over in the US - NBC Sports Channel has now closed with the major stuff being moved to USA Network and the main NBC network, with the rest now on the US Peacock streaming service.

Last edited by ozsat; 01-01-2022 at 08:47.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 09:35   #744
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Another year nearer the end of Linear TV
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 10:32   #745
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I've watched linear TV a grand total of TWICE in the last 2 years, I wouldn't miss it.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:48   #746
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Only 13 years to go!
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 14:11   #747
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I've watched linear TV a grand total of TWICE in the last 2 years, I wouldn't miss it.
But presumably you subscribe to linear to through Virgin?
Old 01-01-2022, 16:12   #748
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Only 13 years to go!
As long as there isn’t another revision
Old 01-01-2022, 16:42   #749
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
But presumably you subscribe to linear to through Virgin?
I really need to cancel it or reduce to the minimum.

All I use is Amazon Prime, Netflix and CinemaHDv2 and sometimes Kodi if CinemaHD is playing up to easily watch everything I want through a Firestick 4K, I generally don't watch sport other than sourcing a F1 stream.
Old 01-01-2022, 19:21   #750
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I really need to cancel it or reduce to the minimum.

All I use is Amazon Prime, Netflix and CinemaHDv2 and sometimes Kodi if CinemaHD is playing up to easily watch everything I want through a Firestick 4K, I generally don't watch sport other than sourcing a F1 stream.

As you said you do not watch sport