Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 23-11-2021, 14:53   #586
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
the very fact you have to add a caveat proves my statement

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 ----------

yes I know that is why I said what I did to snoopz. Dunno why you had to say the same thing again hahaha

You are highly unlikely to ever get pursued for streaming movies and tv and only your iptv provider is of interest to ACE or FACT.

Torrents however by their nature turn most people into distributors. You have to turn off seeding and that then most often slows your download to not become one. You are then attractive as you can be hit with a pay this or go to court letter. In the US I have seen massive awards against defendants as each part shared they count as a copy so if say 1000 take 1 block they can issue an award for 1000 x the face value of the media so say a blu ray of £15 makes the potential of a 15K award.

TBH though in the UK it has not ever kicked off as it were and in the US it is pretty slow. Most just get a letter or a visit from ACE telling them to stop
Which is why you use a good no logs vpn and bitcoing
Atm in UK you tend to get a warning of your isp if you get caught i had a friend who got caught BT sent him a warning, i think it's a 3 strike system. I'll ask someone who knows more in work tomorrow about that.
Old 23-11-2021, 19:55   #587
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
the very fact you have to add a caveat proves my statement
Of course it doesnt, it proves nothing at all.
Usenet requires you to take precautions as well.
... and you think you are safe using illegal streaming sites, well good luck to you.

(Its estimated that 70%+ of pirating is illegal streaming, while about 10% is torrents, so you take a guess which they focus on )

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2021, 22:18   #588
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
... and you think you are safe using illegal streaming sites, well good luck to you.

(Its estimated that 70%+ of pirating is illegal streaming, while about 10% is torrents, so you take a guess which they focus on )
Spot on but sadly some people never learn until it's too late.
Old 23-11-2021, 22:45   #589
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

why are you winking at me? I explained my point. Usenet is a lot safer than Torrents for the reasons I outlined and they are correct whether you wink or not. With Usenet you just download no distribution and even if you did it is all server based so no IP to trace. I do not stream I have used Usenet for nearly 20 years. The only care you need with Usenet is an Antivirus which you need with Torrents

and this bit just goes on to prove it even more. You did not even mention Usenet on your stats

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Spot on but sadly some people never learn until it's too late.
Up until last year I was particularly active in the streaming community and had a lot to do with a lot of the Devs. The only streamers I have ever known to get taken to court are pubs showing Sky Sports. A lot of the Devs got warning letters only TVA and a couple of others got taken to court. Kim Dot Com is likely the biggest of the sharers you would have heard of (mega). I know also of a fair few IPTV big sellers who got taken to court also.

As far as I am aware no home streamer has been taken to court, I could be wrong but not heard of any. In the US there have been quite a number of big cases where Torrent sharers have been hit with massive compensation claims

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

just to add I have never heard of anyone using Usenet being taken to court and only a few indexers have been shut down by ACE

Last edited by Jaymoss; 23-11-2021 at 22:37.
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 01:34   #590
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Its weird how music and tv used to be pirated hugely and then companies realised they needed to embrace the internet. We had apple music and then netflix came on the scene too, spotify etc...suddenly piracy went down and people paid reasonable amounts to stream legally.

Unfortunately now everyone is trying to grab a slice of the pie. streaming rights are being split even more so you have to pay more and more for the same content which was half the price before...

People will return to piracy soon enough if more companies launch streaming sites and split the content even further
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 03:05   #591
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
why are you winking at me? I explained my point. Usenet is a lot safer than Torrents for the reasons I outlined and they are correct whether you wink or not. With Usenet you just download no distribution and even if you did it is all server based so no IP to trace. I do not stream I have used Usenet for nearly 20 years. The only care you need with Usenet is an Antivirus which you need with Torrents

and this bit just goes on to prove it even more. You did not even mention Usenet on your stats
Good grief, I'm trying not to laugh.
If course there is an IP to trace, networks dont work on magic

So you have used usenet for nearly 20 years, good for you, but so what ?.
Ive used torrents for nearly 20 years, and usenet before that, and bulletin boards before that, I fail to see the relevance.

You dont 'need' antivirus for torrents or usenet, where do you get all your misinformation from
The only thing you seem to be proving is a lack of knowledge, but feel free to carry on believing what you want.

This also is wandering way off the original topic, so its time to get back to streaming.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 09:59   #592
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

So a recompiled torrent or file from a NZB never turns out to be a virus ok then my turn to laugh.

NNTP uploads go to a single server offshore and then populates the rest of usenet from that server.If you want to hide your ip from the single upload then use a vpn. Anyone who downloads that file is not downloading off you so no IP to trace.

You continue to think I know nothing but you are way off base on this subject Paul
Old 24-11-2021, 18:20   #593
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Just read an article in today's Business section of the Daily Telegraph.

Apparently Amazon have bid £6.4bn for MGM.

The headline states streaming prices will rise as Amazon will dwarf Netflix if the deal is allowed to go through.

Good news for the traditional linear channels.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 18:31   #594
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post

The headline states streaming prices will rise as Amazon will dwarf Netflix if the deal is allowed to go through.

Amazon would have to split Prime Video from Prime to do that imo as customers who only use Prime for deliveries will not stomach a rise for that
Old 24-11-2021, 18:53   #595
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Did they not do this in May 2021?
Old 24-11-2021, 18:55   #596
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Did they not do this in May 2021?
They announced it but its apparently not closed yet

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2021...azon-mgm-deal/
Old 25-11-2021, 17:59   #597
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

In the absence of any Black Friday deals I've seen so far if you have an LG television and go to the content store I see you can get three months of Apple TV+ for free.
Its for new accounts only and I don't know if it applies for all LG tv's but my 2019 OLED gets the offer.

P.S. if anyone wants to use my voucher PM me, 1st come 1st served
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 18:38   #598
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

Not really. As time moves on, people will ditch the linear pay channels in favour of one or more streaming services which will give them a far better choice of the type of stuff they want to watch.
Old 25-11-2021, 18:40   #599
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
which will give them a far better choice of the type of stuff they want to watch.
All the streaming services certainly do give a choice. However whether it's better than what we've had in the past is an open question.

Having to sign up to multiple services to get the range of content from each studio may end up costing more and be a worse experience than linear TV, or streaming aggregation that we've mostly had till now.
Old 25-11-2021, 18:53   #600
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
All the streaming services certainly do give a choice. However whether it's better than what we've had in the past is an open question.

Having to sign up to multiple services to get the range of content from each studio may end up costing more and be a worse experience than linear TV, or streaming aggregation that we've mostly had till now.
following on from that . . when they all merge, get bought out etc, you may well end up with just 2 streaming services and be paying £30 a month to each one . .
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote