Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Star Trek: Discovery

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Star Trek: Discovery

Old 17-11-2021, 17:00   #436
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB
Re: Star Trek: Discovery

Is Paramount+ not a sister company of Sky.

If so I don't think VM customer will be getting it.
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-11-2021, 17:05   #437
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

No , Paramount+ is owned by ViacomCBS , Sky Cinema subscribers on Sky Q will get the Paramount+ app for free (Cinema pass subscribers on Now won't)

The app will be available elsewhere to subscribe to like Netflix, Amazon Prime and Disney+ are , whether it will be on V6/TV 360 I have no idea.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 17-11-2021 at 17:16. Reason: ...
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 17:55   #438
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Coming to Pluto TV in the UK on Friday
https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi...uk-newsupdate/

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 24-11-2021 at 18:02. Reason: Link
TimeLord2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 18:08   #439
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Coming to Pluto TV in the UK on Friday
https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi...uk-newsupdate/
Do you have to watch it live?
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 18:10   #440
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

https://intl.startrek.com/news/star-...nternationally

Quote:
In Austria, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom, Pluto TV, the leading free streaming television service, will drop new episodes at 9pm local time on the Pluto TV Sci-Fi channel each Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with a simulcast running on the Star Trek channel in Austria, Switzerland, and Germany. This will begin with the first two episodes on Friday, November 26.

In the UK, Germany, France, Russia, South Korea and additional select countries, we are also making Season 4 available for purchase on participating digital platforms beginning Friday, November 26.
I'm hoping it's also on as On Demand through Pluto TV.
Old 24-11-2021, 18:14   #441
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

So Can I watch on VM as they have the app. But that is live. So will it be free on demand on VM? I’m confused.
Old 24-11-2021, 18:15   #442
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
Do you have to watch it live?
It certainly reads like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
https://intl.startrek.com/news/star-...nternationally

I'm hoping it's also on as On Demand through Pluto TV.
I hope so, but I wouldn't put it past them to be difficult.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2021, 18:19   #443
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
So Can I watch on VM as they have the app. But that is live. So will it be free on demand on VM? I’m confused.
Pluto is self contained on the V6 boxes. It won't be in Virgin Media's On Demand section.

Unfortunately it's not on the 360 boxes yet.
Old 25-11-2021, 06:00   #444
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Just Watched Series 3 of Discovery.

To be honest I don't know whether or not to like it, I'm in a state of confusion.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 09:38   #445
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I was the same. I thought it was a bit of a cop out slinging them into the future so they could literally make up whatever they want, the PC agendas do my head in and the less said about stupid junior officer Tilly being in command the better.

That being said, it felt closer to normal Star Trek than the previous seasons did and it helped that the universe doesnt completely revolve around Burnham.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2021, 10:20   #446
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Season 3 felt like Mass Effect games (and there were reports of Amazon nearing a deal on a TV series of that yesterday). I've enjoyed all seasons of ST: Discovery so far, though they were all very different from each other.

---------- Post added at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

I can't see the Scifi TV section in Pluto just now, and I've seen it there before. How are newbies going to get familiar before they need to find it?
Old 25-11-2021, 10:29   #447
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

If it's not on-demand who is going to sit at designated times to watch it with advertising? 1970 it isn't
Old 25-11-2021, 10:52   #448
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
If it's not on-demand who is going to sit at designated times to watch it with advertising? 1970 it isn't
Exactly
Old 25-11-2021, 11:04   #449
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Pluto TV is a free platform, even the stuff in the On-Demand section has advertising.

The advertising is very short and not particularly often, I've had one of their "channels" on in background this morning.

I don't remember the picture quality being as good as it is. I'm not saying it's stunning or anything, just better than I remembered.

---------- Post added at 10:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 ----------

Navigation on Pluto TV is horrid.

You pretend it wasn't bad last time, and then try again and if anything it's worse now.
Old 25-11-2021, 11:07   #450
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Bit off topic, but I was watching Babylon 5 via IMDBtv on Amazon recently. The adverts weren't actually that intrusive as the breaks aren't as long as you'd get on commercial live TV and some other services.

Not watched anything on Pluto yet so not sure how long they are on there.