Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 1gig Rollout getting faster

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

1gig Rollout getting faster

Old 21-09-2021, 04:26   #331
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I think it was about 7 - 10 days after in my case.
thanks ill keep my eyes peels over next week
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-09-2021, 08:35   #332
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

After the work they did on Tuesday 1 Gig is still not showing as available here
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2021, 06:47   #333
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

They seem to do "releases" of areas on Mondays, so there are 13 mondays left in 2021 if they are to meet their recently restated target....
rtho782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:29   #334
rtho782
cf.addict

rtho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nicertho782 is just really nice

A load more releases today, including Colchester. Anyone know if Colchester is relevant to Ipswich at all? It's only down the road.
Old 07-10-2021, 09:49   #335
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Had an email yesterday from VM:

"We’re carrying out essential works to modernise and future-proof our network in your area on Mon 11 Oct. This should improve your connection so you can carry on enjoying the things you love most. "

Now while I'd consider 'enjoying the things you love most' to be unlimited Brandy served by naked 20 year old supermodels while I watch re-runs of Kelly's Heroes, I guess it's more likely to be something to do with this roll out
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 11:45   #336
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtho782 View Post
That's not the issue, I've put it up here: https://cableforum.rtho.me/

It was just never really designed for public use and might not scale well.
It was working but recently it just gives a bad gateway error. Is it gone for good? I was hoping it was just temporary.
Old 07-10-2021, 14:32   #337
rtho782
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbxxl View Post
It was working but recently it just gives a bad gateway error. Is it gone for good? I was hoping it was just temporary.
Sorry, I didn't have it on autostart, back now.

However, https://bidb.msh100.uk/ is a newer, better implementation.
Old 07-10-2021, 15:19   #338
bbxxl
cf.addict

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't have it on autostart, back now.

However, https://bidb.msh100.uk/ is a newer, better implementation.
Thank you.
Old 07-10-2021, 18:01   #339
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

Quote:
A load more releases today, including Colchester. Anyone know if Colchester is relevant to Ipswich at all? It's only down the road.
Colchester is the main Headend, Ipswich is fed in part from Colchester
Old 07-10-2021, 18:18   #340
rtho782
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollp View Post
Colchester is the main Headend, Ipswich is fed in part from Colchester
Thanks, that's hopeful, maybe soon to come here as it did in WSM a little after Bristol.

You say in part, where else is Ipswich fed from?
Old 07-10-2021, 18:44   #341
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
I guess it's more likely to be something to do with this roll out
that is what I hoped but I have been waiting over a month now and nothing has changed
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 18:49   #342
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
You say in part, where else is Ipswich fed from?
Ipswich!
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 19:58   #343
rtho782
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Ipswich!
:confus:
Old 07-10-2021, 20:03   #344
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Ipswich has its own hubsite. As sollp says, the main headend is Colchester.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 20:50   #345
rtho782
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Ipswich has its own hubsite. As sollp says, the main headend is Colchester.
aah ok, well Colchester being upgraded bodes well then, I guess we couldn't possibly be before Colchester.

Where is the hubsite in Ipswich? Is it that big building on Russel Road?