Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 23-07-2021, 13:09   #10576
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Sky Q to get HDR.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/news/...ue-from-august

Sky Q owners can now watch live sporting events in 4K HDR at last.

Quote:
Starting today, Friday 23 July, coverage of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games will be presented in Ultra HD and HDR for compatible Sky Q box owners.
Quote:
From the upcoming season, its live coverage of Premier League matches will be available in 4K HDR. That incluces the first match of the new season, Brentford vs Arsenal on Friday 13 August.
Old 23-07-2021, 13:11   #10577
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

I notice the Eurosport 4K service in all its HDR glory is only 2.0 stereo
Meanwhile the HD service is in surround

One step forward and two steps back, bizarre.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2021, 13:23   #10578
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sky Q to get HDR.

https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/news/...augus</b>t</b>

Sky Q owners can now watch live sporting events in 4K HDR at last.
and the wait still goes on and on and on for VM after they promised us it in 2020
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2021, 18:52   #10579
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
and the wait still goes on and on and on for VM after they promised us it in 2020
They were waiting for Sky to provide it.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2021, 19:02   #10580
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
They were waiting for Sky to provide it.
i know it just frustrating hopefully can get it before footy season starts
Old 23-07-2021, 20:26   #10581
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Seem to recall these sentiments being expressed before the start of last season.

With only 3 weeks to the new season start, I wouldn't hold your breath
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2021, 20:32   #10582
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
no not holding breathe it a hope that is all not a expectation
Old 05-08-2021, 09:09   #10583
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Bundesliga switches to Sky Sports.

Quote:
Sky Sports has become the new home of the Bundesliga in the UK and Ireland after winning exclusive rights for the next four seasons.
https://www.skysports.com/football/n...t-four-seasons

Last edited by denphone; 05-08-2021 at 09:50.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:37   #10584
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

And the WPL (Women Premier League.)
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 11:42   #10585
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

Is bt going to have. Anything left
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 11:54   #10586
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post
Is bt going to have. Anything left
BT maybe looking to sell BT Sport to an other Sport broadcaster now it look like no one wants share in the business.

Premier Sports may takeover due to BT Sport having an working relationship with Premier Sports due to BT Sport workers being use for Premier Sports Cup and the Scottlsh Cup games and all shows are made by BT Sport.

But saying that Disney have an deal with BT Sport for them to use the ESPN brand on BT Sport ESPN.

So Premier Sports or ESPN may take over BT Sport.

After all BT Sport did buy all the rights from ESPN in 2013 when launching BT Sport.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 05-08-2021 at 11:59. Reason: adding more text
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 19:22   #10587
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I would have thought it would have gone either to Disney or DAZN.

In the US, there are three strands attached to Disney+, one of which is sport. This would be a good means of Disney getting into the UK market with its sports strand, together with ESPN content.

If DAZN is intent on making an impression on the UK market in setting up a streaming service, it could do worse than diving into this opportunity.

I don’t think Premier Sport will go for this. Too risky, I suspect..
Old 05-08-2021, 21:06   #10588
carravetta
cf.member

Services: Sky Q 2TB, Sky Q Multiroom, Broadband and Phone
carravetta is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Disney will go for BT Sport and have ESPN relaunched as linear channels and part of Disney+

ESPN 1
ESPN 2
ESPN America
Hopefully as an extra relaunch ESPN Classic
carravetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 22:33   #10589
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

do we have a list of where leagues are currently? from what i can gather:

Sky sports- Premier League, Football League, Bundesliga
BT Sport- Premier league, Champions League, Europa League, Europa Conference, Ligue 1(?)
Premier Sport- Serie A and La Liga.

I'm not sure where the Portuguese, dutch or belgium or MLS are these days.
I know the russian league is on Bet365 haha
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 23:21   #10590
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
do we have a list of where leagues are currently? from what i can gather:

Sky sports- Premier League, Football League, Bundesliga
BT Sport- Premier league, Champions League, Europa League, Europa Conference, Ligue 1(?)
Premier Sport- Serie A and La Liga.

I'm not sure where the Portuguese, dutch or belgium or MLS are these days.
I know the russian league is on Bet365 haha
I think BT still has the rights to Ligue 1. Seria A is currently up for grabs. The deal with Premier Sports has expired.

Will be interesting to see where Seria A ends up. For me personally these European leagues are nothing but filler. Eleven Sports threw tons of cash at these leagues a few years ago only to learn Brits don't want to watch continental football via stream. Pretty much killed the companies UK ambitions stone dead within 6 months.

Can't see Sky or BT bidding. Premier Sports might try to renew on the cheap. Smells like something Amazon will pick up for little cost due to lack of interest from the conventional broadcasters. Gives them something to chirp about. Another "Victory" for the streamers.

Last edited by Chad; 05-08-2021 at 23:30.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote