Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 13:25   #6826
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
They can indeed. It doesn’t address my point, though, which didn’t mention masks. Or Freedom Day, for that matter, which hasn’t arrived yet as far as I’m concerned.
In what sense was freedom day not freedom day OB?

No legal restrictions. That’s exactly what was promised and exactly what we have.

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Quote:
It is now for the scientists to monitor this virus and to take the necessary steps to factor in the changes to the vaccination boosters.

The public can start to relax now, adjusting their habits to align with the nature and intensity of any changes in the threat posed by the virus. Legislation to enforce restrictions is not necessary now in this country.
The public don’t need to follow your instructions on relaxing, OB. That’s the point of personal responsibility. If they want to stay at home, that’s entirely their perogative. If businesses or property developers lose money in the meantime that’s capitalism in action, who are we to intervene and mandate public behaviour against public will?
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2021, 14:52   #6827
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
But can still infect those who have not been vaccinated, which is not something the covidfans/virus-supporters like to acknowledge...
I'm sure they acknowledge it, they just don't care or think that it's fair to restrict a majority on the needs of minority.

Given that those everybody over 18 has been offered the vaccine, the unvaccinated are either anti-vax or just not bothered, unable to have the vaccine for some reason or are under 18.

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Yet as per usual you miss the obvious, the higher the rate of infection, the greater the chance of a mutation leading to either vaccine escape or a significant reduction in the amount of protection offered by current vaccines.
Yep, heard it all before, don't care.

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

No legal restrictions.
Travel?
Quote:
That’s exactly what was promised and exactly what we have.
We'll see. If Proof of vaccination is required for access to certain things then it's not "freedom day"

As an aside, I went to the circus the other day, it was brilliant and at the begining the announcer stated that all guests should wear a mask throughout the performance. I saw about 7 people out of a crowd of approx 2,000.

No one cares anymore, well not in Halifax anyway.
Old 04-08-2021, 14:56   #6828
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Travel?
Nobody seriously expected unrestricted international travel to form part of “freedom day”.

Quote:
We'll see. If Proof of vaccination is required for access to certain things then it's not "freedom day"

As an aside, I went to the circus the other day, it was brilliant and at the begining the announcer stated that all guests should wear a mask throughout the performance. I saw about 7 people out of a crowd of approx 2,000.

The problem with observational data is you don’t see all the people who stayed away from the circus because of the clowns.
Old 04-08-2021, 15:02   #6829
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Nobody seriously expected unrestricted international travel to form part of “freedom day”.
For British Citizens why not?

I've been vaccinated, if I've been to Spain, Singapore or Australia, how is that any more riskier than going down the road to the shops?
Old 04-08-2021, 15:03   #6830
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
For British Citizens why not?

I've been vaccinated, if I've been to Spain, Singapore or Australia, how is that any more riskier than going down the road to the shops?
Why British citizens over any other? Vaccinated is vaccinated is it not? Or do we do vaccine xenophobia?

Does anyone have the beta variant in your local shops?

Last edited by jfman; 04-08-2021 at 15:08.
Old 04-08-2021, 15:16   #6831
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
And for how long do we hide in the cupboard under the stairs this time?

No way, the vaccinations are out there and these will be modified with boosters to tackle the variants.

The time for locking down and donning space masks has had its day. Time to move on and realise that this is not a 100% safe world. Never has been, never will be.

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

It is now for the scientists to monitor this virus and to take the necessary steps to factor in the changes to the vaccination boosters.

The public can start to relax now, adjusting their habits to align with the nature and intensity of any changes in the threat posed by the virus. Legislation to enforce restrictions is not necessary now in this country.
Where in my post did i say we should be 'hiding in the cupboard' ?

Hypothetical question, how long do you think that it would take for a vaccine to be updated and then go through approvals and testing again? then let's make it more complex by them having to figure out why the new variant can escape/is more resistant. Weeks? Months?

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Quote:
I'm sure they acknowledge it, they just don't care or think that it's fair to restrict a majority on the needs of minority.

Given that those everybody over 18 has been offered the vaccine, the unvaccinated are either anti-vax or just not bothered, unable to have the vaccine for some reason or are under 18.

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Yep, heard it all before, don't care.

---------- Post added at 14:52 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Travel?

You will care, if it, or a future variant takes you or a member of your family for a trip on a ventilator in intensive care, or worse.
Old 04-08-2021, 15:22   #6832
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Where in my post did i say we should be 'hiding in the cupboard' ?

Hypothetical question, how long do you think that it would take for a vaccine to be updated and then go through approvals and testing again? then let's make it more complex by them having to figure out why the new variant can escape/is more resistant. Weeks? Months?

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

You will care, if it, or a future variant takes you or a member of your family for a trip on a ventilator in intensive care, or worse.
I’m still at a loss as to why OB is concerned about hiding in the cupboard. After all - Mr “just shield the vulnerable” must surely be supportive of private individuals taking rational decisions in their own interests?

Or do we reach the genuine crux of his concern. Is he worried about that lack of expenditure in the economy?

Freedom day isn’t the freedom day he foolishly expected. Some of the vulnerable are self selecting to shield. Those working from home are sitting in their newly built conservatories with no financial interest in a return to slaving away in soulless glass city centre offices, at a cost of thousands per year to train operators.

As I promised him there’s no going back to 2019 and there never will be under the flag of “living with the virus”.
Old 04-08-2021, 15:39   #6833
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Anti-vaxxers are pretending to be vegan to avoid potential vaccine regulations

https://twitter.com/i/events/1422899486280589312
Old 04-08-2021, 15:49   #6834
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
You must live in fear........HAHAHAH, for the rest of your life. The variants will kill you and all your family.

Like I say, heard it all before, don't care.

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

Quote:
Why British citizens over any other? Vaccinated is vaccinated is it not? Or do we do vaccine xenophobia?
Now you're talking, I agree with you. There shouldn't be any travel restrictions for anyone, anywhere. That's a refreshing attitude you're taking there.

Quote:
Does anyone have the beta variant in your local shops?
Probably, and Delta, Lambda, Omega. The variants will kill us all.
Old 04-08-2021, 15:51   #6835
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
You must live in fear........HAHAHAH, for the rest of your life. The variants will kill you and all your family.

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:47 ----------

Now you're talking, I agree with you. There shouldn't be any travel restrictions for anyone, anywhere. That's a refreshing attitude you're taking there.

Probably, and Delta, Lambda, Omega. The variants will kill us all.

No, I don't live in fear, I'm also not a sociopath.

I have a healthy respect for science, the scientists and the concerns that they raise.
Old 04-08-2021, 16:17   #6836
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
I was more interested in your initial qualification rather than your atrocious idea. However at least you offered context in the previous sentence.

Quote:
Fundamentally you’re in with the Great Barrington Declaration crowd, and no proposals no matter how reasonable will ever suit your ideological dogma.
Old 04-08-2021, 16:31   #6837
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
It is expected that ministers will approve advice from the JCVI which recommends healthy teenagers aged over 16, who have not yet been able to get their vaccine, be offered the chance to be immunised.

Under existing guidance, young people aged 16 to 17 with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious Covid infection should have already been offered a jab.

Children aged 12 to 15 with certain conditions which make them vulnerable to coronavirus can also access the vaccine, as can those aged 12 to 17 who live with an immunosuppressed person, such as a parent or grandparent.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...roved-21220120
Old 04-08-2021, 16:34   #6838
jfman
Architect of Ideas

I wonder what evidence the politically appointed behavioural scientists have to support the Government that doesn't get anything wrong has to support 16 and 17 year olds but not 12-15 year olds as in the rest of the world.

Supply chain of Pfizer vaccines perhaps? After all I don't hear much chatter of an Oxford booster.
Old 04-08-2021, 16:53   #6839
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
I have a healthy respect for science, the scientists and the concerns that they raise.
After the last 18 months wow, I assume that doesn’t include alternative SAGE or Neil Ferguson?

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

Quote:
Fundamentally you’re in with the Great Barrington Declaration crowd, and no proposals no matter how reasonable will ever suit your ideological dogma.
You have to agree I’ve been consistent
Old 04-08-2021, 16:56   #6840
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
I wonder what evidence the politically appointed behavioural scientists have to support the Government that doesn't get anything wrong has to support 16 and 17 year olds but not 12-15 year olds as in the rest of the world.

Supply chain of Pfizer vaccines perhaps? After all I don't hear much chatter of an Oxford booster.
Yeah, we have lots of vaccines on order and it looks like us old codgers might be getting a Pfizer or Moderna jab if we had AZ in the past (linky)

That's going to limit doses for the kids by the look of it as they can't have the AZ jab
Closed Thread