Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 14-07-2021, 11:31   #856
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Well spotted. It will be QVC Extra apparently, a new (to Virgin) shopping channel.
I can barely contain my excitement 😂
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2021, 13:49   #857
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Well spotted. It will be QVC Extra apparently, a new (to Virgin) shopping channel.
FOX +1 has been rename QVC Extra so it may launch as soon as July 15th on Virgin UK Channel 743.

https://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.p...&sec=0&lang=en
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 14-07-2021, 16:27   #858
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
I can barely contain my excitement 😂
Steady on now, Virgin may take that as a signal to bring you even more thrills such as... Ideal Extra.
Old 14-07-2021, 18:07   #859
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Steady on now, Virgin may take that as a signal to bring you even more thrills such as... Ideal Extra.
Or Craft Extra...

I think there is/was 4 High Street TV channels on Sky Guide last time I was so bored I was scrolling the EPG. Extraordinary how many of these channels that are still around.
Old 14-07-2021, 18:36   #860
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Or Craft Extra...

I think there is/was 4 High Street TV channels on Sky Guide last time I was so bored I was scrolling the EPG. Extraordinary how many of these channels that are still around.
Or Sewing Street from the makers of Gems TV.
Old 14-07-2021, 19:08   #861
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Or Craft Extra...

The amount of people staying at home during the pandemic has possibly increased their turnover quite considerably.

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Or Sewing Street from the makers of Gems TV.
Who needs the extra Eurosport Olympics channels when we can have Sewing Street instead?
Old 14-07-2021, 19:21   #862
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Who needs the extra Eurosport Olympics channels when we can have Sewing Street instead?
So successful they had to make it part of channel with a wider remit (i.e. Shopping Quarter).

Have we confirmation of how many extra channels there are going to be from Discovery for the Olympics (on any platform)? I've seen 7 extra channels mentioned, but it wasn't an official source, and just speculation on satellite tests.
Old 14-07-2021, 19:35   #863
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
So successful they had to make it part of channel with a wider remit (i.e. Shopping Quarter).

Have we confirmation of how many extra channels there are going to be from Discovery for the Olympics (on any platform)? I've seen 7 extra channels mentioned, but it wasn't an official source, and just speculation on satellite tests.
8601 to 8607 on Astra 28.2E are all carrying EPG data with "Coming soon: Action from the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. See https://www.eurosport.co.uk/olympics/ for more information." in the description.

Last edited by epsilon; 14-07-2021 at 19:38.
Old 17-07-2021, 18:54   #864
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

The National Geographic channels are closing ahead of The Hot Zone: Anthrax’s premiere on Disney+ in December. They haven’t got an exact date yet.

Source: Someone who works for one of the companies involved and has a proven track record.
Old 17-07-2021, 19:50   #865
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
8601 to 8607 on Astra 28.2E are all carrying EPG data with "Coming soon: Action from the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. See https://www.eurosport.co.uk/olympics/ for more information." in the description.
O

Virgin need to do something or will need to reduce package costs, will be poor value for money otherwise
Old 17-07-2021, 20:45   #866
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The National Geographic channels are closing ahead of The Hot Zone: Anthrax’s premiere on Disney+ in December. They haven’t got an exact date yet.

Source: Someone who works for one of the companies involved and has a proven track record.
My sources has just reconfirm.

So The National Geographic channels are closing by end of November. (Final date TBC as of July 17th.)
Old 17-07-2021, 20:50   #867
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:

So The National Geographic channels are closing by end of November. (Final date TBC as of July 17th.)
They usually give a month's notice, so I would expect a public announcement in a little over 3 months then.
Old 17-07-2021, 21:50   #868
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Look like BBC Red Button Channels 2 to 6 that was on Channels 992 to 996 will not be coming back this week for the Olympics starting on Friday.

DBR says they stop broadcasting on July 14th.

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

Also Sky Media has confirmed that Movies24 Channels will become Christmas24 again this year.

Anytime from October 1st to January 2022.
Old 17-07-2021, 21:53   #869
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:

Will e time to go on to retentions to argue for a cheaper deal when this happens
Old 17-07-2021, 21:56   #870
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
O

Virgin need to do something or will need to reduce package costs, will be poor value for money otherwise
This is why I keep saying that VM need to add all the popular streaming services.

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Quote:

They reckon that viewing the Olympics on Discovery+ is the way to go.