Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 20:33   #5671
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Devastating news for some.
The same protection after two doses. That’s good news, isn’t it?

Except for those who prefer perpetual lockdowns, I suppose.

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
You mate Hancock didn't seem so sure this morning... Mind you he's not been able to make a decision or stop lying for the last year, he must get it from his boss !
He’s just hedging his bets in case Boris relents and extends the lifting of restrictions by two weeks.

Personally I think and hope he will keep his nerve and bring immediate relief to all those who are suffering under these restrictions. Enough is enough.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
June 22nd has never been the date, its always been Monday June 21st.
I didn’t have the heart to tell him, so I’m glad this came from you!
Old 06-06-2021, 21:26   #5672
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The same protection after two doses. That’s good news, isn’t it?
I think you’ll find the rest of the quoted text is bad news.

Quote:
I didn’t have the heart to tell him, so I’m glad this came from you!
From the man who confused hospitalisations and deaths.

If it’s any consolation we will still have masks, distancing and working from home on both dates. And the 23rd too.
Old 06-06-2021, 22:37   #5673
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Good news, pip, reinforcing what some of us have been saying on here for a while now. I see absolutely no reason not to scrap all restrictions, including social distancing and mask wearing, from 21 June.
Removing ALL restrictions was never on the table. Only those for social contact and events.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...g-2021-summary
Old 07-06-2021, 01:07   #5674
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I think you’ll find the rest of the quoted text is bad news.

From the man who confused hospitalisations and deaths.

If it’s any consolation we will still have masks, distancing and working from home on both dates. And the 23rd too.
I simply misremembered the post I was referring to. You are just misrepresenting people’s posts on a regular basis.

Let’s just stick to the subject under discussion. I thought you didn’t like personal attacks. Well, what was that?
Old 07-06-2021, 11:46   #5675
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I had my second AZ Covid-19 jab at 09:05 this morning.

Now waiting for potential side effects, my first I just had mild flu like symptoms so hoping the same or less
Old 07-06-2021, 12:20   #5676
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Quote from The Sun:
A Chinese military scientist filed a patent for a Covid vaccine before the pandemic was declared and mysteriously died just weeks later.

Yusen Zhou, who worked for the People’s Liberation Army, lodged the paperwork on behalf of the Chinese political party on February 24 last year, according to reports.

The first case of Covid was reported in Wuhan in December, 2019 - but the World Health Organisation did not declare a pandemic until March 11, 2020.

It means the vaccine patent was filed just a short time after China first admitted there was human-to-human transmission of Covid - and two weeks before a pandemic was officially declared.

"This is something we have never seen achieved before, raising the question of whether this work may have started much earlier," Professor Nikolai Petrovsky, of Flinders University, told The Australian*.

According to newspaper, Zhou "worked closely" with scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, including Shi Zhengli - dubbed "batwoman" for her work on coronavirus in bats.

But Zhou mysteriously died less than three months after he filed the patent for the vaccine.
*The original report in The Australian is behind a paywall.

All sounds very suspicious.

Last edited by heero_yuy; 07-06-2021 at 12:20. Reason: Typo
Old 07-06-2021, 14:56   #5677
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
*The original report in The Australian is behind a paywall.

All sounds very suspicious.
It was a conspiracy theory when Trump mooted it, and talk of such was banned on Facebook as misinformation and fake news and derided by Trump opposition politicians, including the current incumbent president. The suggestion of it being an escaped manufactured virus was seen as being racist towards China.

However, now the Biden administration have suggested a link that COVID may have actually escaped from a lab, it's no longer a conspiracy theory and you can talk all you like about it on Facebook now with their blessing.

I wonder what else big tech companies, MSM and democrats will be seen to have wrong in the coming months/years but I guarantee you won't see any body on CNN saying, "well Trump had a point"
Old 07-06-2021, 15:18   #5678
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Some of the information around the supposed RaTG13 ancestor is quite interesting.

In that it might not actually exist at all.
Old 07-06-2021, 15:40   #5679
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Some of the information around the supposed RaTG13 ancestor is quite interesting.

In that it might not actually exist at all.
https://www.news-medical.net/health/Bat-Coronavirus-RaTG13.aspx

Quote:
RaTG13 is a SARS-related coronavirus found in bats and is highly similar to the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) virus. Specifically, the spike domain is highly similar, however, the receptor-binding site of SARS-CoV-2 diverges genomically and is closer to pangolin SARS-CoVs suggesting a possible recombination event between these viruses in the evolution of SARS-CoV-2.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 07-06-2021, 15:46   #5680
jfman
Architect of Ideas

It only got uploaded to the database after Covid-19 despite being “discovered” in 2013. By the Wuhan Institute.

There are no samples available for analysis to confirm it actually exists we just have their word for it. The theory goes it is to distract from the genuine lab ancestor.
Old 08-06-2021, 01:19   #5681
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It was a conspiracy theory when Trump mooted it, and talk of such was banned on Facebook as misinformation and fake news and derided by Trump opposition politicians, including the current incumbent president. The suggestion of it being an escaped manufactured virus was seen as being racist towards China.

However, now the Biden administration have suggested a link that COVID may have actually escaped from a lab, it's no longer a conspiracy theory and you can talk all you like about it on Facebook now with their blessing.

I wonder what else big tech companies, MSM and democrats will be seen to have wrong in the coming months/years but I guarantee you won't see any body on CNN saying, "well Trump had a point"
I won't be rushing to the front of the disinfectant injection queue, that's for sure.
Trump had so many crazy theories that like a broken clock, one would eventually be true. Whether this is the one we may never know.

---------- Post added 08-06-2021 at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was 07-06-2021 at 23:20 ----------

Quote:
He’s just hedging his bets in case Boris relents and extends the lifting of restrictions by two weeks.
A leak in The Times suggests that a two-week extension is indeed on the cards.
Quote:
Lockdown lifting set to be delayed by fortnight

Vaccines in race to keep up with Indian strain

Britain’s roadmap for easing lockdown could be delayed by a fortnight with cabinet ministers increasingly pessimistic after a “downbeat” briefing from Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/j...ight-bfvnthssj
https://storify.com/services/proxy/2...102193_001.jpg
Old 08-06-2021, 01:44   #5682
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I won't be rushing to the front of the disinfectant injection queue, that's for sure.
Trump had so many crazy theories that like a broken clock, one would eventually be true. Whether this is the one we may never know.

---------- Post added 08-06-2021 at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was 07-06-2021 at 23:20 ----------

A leak in The Times suggests that a two-week extension is indeed on the cards.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/j...ight-bfvnthssj
https://storify.com/services/proxy/2...102193_001.jpg
Ah the 2 Government doom mongers. The Indian variant in both India and Bolton {which had the largest cases in the UK) is now on the downturn. The panic should be over.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:46   #5683
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Ah the 2 Government doom mongers. The Indian variant in both India and Bolton {which had the largest cases in the UK) is now on the downturn. The panic should be over.
Covid cases are up 53% in the UK in the last week.
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

June 21st unlocking isn't going to happen.
Old 08-06-2021, 08:14   #5684
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Covid cases are up 53% in the UK in the last week.
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

June 21st unlocking isn't going to happen.
El gov has stated that the metric is hospitalisation, not case rates, except to the extent that there’s still a correlation between the two. If evidence continues to build that the vaccine has broken the link between catching covid and being seriously ill with it, the unlocking may proceed as planned, or else be delayed only a week or two.
Old 08-06-2021, 10:16   #5685
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
El gov has stated that the metric is hospitalisation, not case rates, except to the extent that there’s still a correlation between the two. If evidence continues to build that the vaccine has broken the link between catching covid and being seriously ill with it, the unlocking may proceed as planned, or else be delayed only a week or two.
Exactly this. It's looking better and better that the link between cases and hospitalisation is broken. Hopefully there will be enough evidence by next week when the decision is made but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a couple of extra weeks to absolutely confirm things and mop up the last few older peoples vaccinations (my second dose is next week for example)
Closed Thread