Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sir Keir’s Kerfuffle

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Sir Keir’s Kerfuffle

Old 02-05-2021, 18:20   #526
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Sir Keir Starmer elected as new Labour leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
More like you don't like Boris and are desperate for some mud to stick, reality is most people just don't care. there are bigger things to worry about.
More like you just repeat CCHQ soundbites, and are trying to get people to ignore potential corruption and lawbreaking.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2021, 20:12   #527
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
More like you just repeat CCHQ soundbites, and are trying to get people to ignore potential corruption and lawbreaking.
And if we do get a Labour Prime Minister in the future who does something similar, an attack from the Conservatives will be weaker as he can just cite the precedent of PM Boris Johnson. The Conservatives will be less inclined to push the issue and the country will be more corrupt as a result.

What comes around, goes around. Corruption is bad for a country whichever colour rosette it is wearing.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 22:31   #528
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
If I was in CCHQ I'd be desperate to get rid of an incompetent, corrupt, lying buffoon before the next election.

Last edited by Mr K; 02-05-2021 at 22:41.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 22:42   #529
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
If I was in CCHQ I'd be desperate to get get rid of an incompetent, corrupt, lying buffoon before the next election.
Your views are not a million miles away from the Scottish Tory leader.
Quote:
Boris Johnson should resign if he is found to have broken government rules over his flat renovations, the Scottish Conservative leader has said.

Douglas Ross told the BBC that people expected the highest standards of those in the highest office of the land.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56962642
Old 03-05-2021, 00:21   #530
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
More like you don't like Boris and are desperate for some mud to stick, reality is most people just don't care. there are bigger things to worry about.
This.

In fact, its never ending, and got tiresome long long ago.
There is always someone slinging mud to try and scrore points.
All that changes over the years is the names of the slinger and target.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 09:44   #531
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
This.

In fact, its never ending, and got tiresome long long ago.
There is always someone slinging mud to try and scrore points.
All that changes over the years is the names of the slinger and target.
So as i have already voted by mail i can say this. As long i am able to draw breath i will never vote for a Labour party who allowed there leader to take us into a war based on a lie and a leader who fully supported the IRA. That alone makes them not worth my vote.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:15   #532
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
So as i have already voted by mail i can say this. As long i am able to draw breath i will never vote for a Labour party who allowed there leader to take us into a war based on a lie and a leader who fully supported the IRA. That alone makes them not worth my vote.
Trouble is if you apply this criteria to every election, you'll never vote for any but newly-formed parties. Would you vote for a Party that upheld slavery? Would you vote for a party that signed the Munich agreement? How far back do you go in the history of a political party to find a policy or action that you vehemently disagree with.

As someone who has voted for several parties (Conservative, Green, Labour, Liberal Democrat, Independent) I take a view at each election and use my vote accordingly. I don't treat political parties like football teams who get your unstinting support from cradle to grave regardless of their performance.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:29   #533
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Trouble is if you apply this criteria to every election, you'll never vote for any but newly-formed parties. Would you vote for a Party that upheld slavery? Would you vote for a party that signed the Munich agreement? How far back do you go in the history of a political party to find a policy or action that you vehemently disagree with.

As someone who has voted for several parties (Conservative, Green, Labour, Liberal Democrat, Independent) I take a view at each election and use my vote accordingly. I don't treat political parties like football teams who get your unstinting support from cradle to grave regardless of their performance.
I also take a view at each election and have voted for Conservative, Green, Liberal Democrat, Independent however i can never forgive Labour for what they did. The biggest bad taste for me is the link to the IRA and that will never go away for me.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:42   #534
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Looks like the writing's on the wallpaper for kier

voters want to hear about jobs – not Boris Johnson’s wallpaper

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/148341...-keir-starmer/
Old 03-05-2021, 11:03   #535
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The biggest bad taste for me is the link to the IRA and that will never go away for me.
Can you expand upon what you mean by this?
Old 03-05-2021, 11:09   #536
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Can you expand upon what you mean by this?
He already did, above, and you already read and replied to that post
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:15   #537
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
He already did, above, and you already read and replied to that post
Which leader does he mean? I'm not aware of any Labour leader who "fully supported the IRA."
Old 03-05-2021, 11:16   #538
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Which leader does he mean? I'm not aware of any Labour leader who "fully supported the IRA."
Me neither but I'm sure he will enlighten us..
Old 03-05-2021, 11:23   #539
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
He said link to the IRA.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:47   #540
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
He said link to the IRA.
He said
Quote:
a leader who fully supported the IRA
Quote:
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote