Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Beatles white album on cassette

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

The Beatles white album on cassette

Old 16-04-2021, 19:04   #16
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The Beatles white album on cassette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Are you talking about the version on Spotify?

If it's the same as the newly remastered 50th anniversary vinyl then the whole album was completely remastered and mixed using the original tapes and equipment. They used different takes of some parts of songs so it's likely intentional that the sounds are in different places than they originally were.
I haven't heard the Spotify version, but I have heard it on YouTube Music and another music streamer (Amazon I think it was), and they were both the same.

I very much doubt those re-mastering the album did this deliberately. They've basically ruined these tracks for me.
Old 16-04-2021, 20:05   #17
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

If those two streams were the 2018 remasters then it is likely deliberate if they were both the same.
Old 16-04-2021, 21:07   #18
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
If those two streams were the 2018 remasters then it is likely deliberate if they were both the same.
What you seem to be saying is that they deliberately put those sounds in the wrong place, which doesn’t really make sense to me at all. Why would they do that?
Old 16-04-2021, 21:15   #19
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

They may be in a different place to the original release. But that doesn't make it wrong. Spotify has the Ltd edition of the album that includes alternate takes and different versions of many of the songs. They used the original recording notes too to ensure everything was as close to the original vision for the songs.
Old 17-04-2021, 19:57   #20
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY
What you seem to be saying is that they deliberately put those sounds in the wrong place, which doesn’t really make sense to me at all. Why would they do that?
Basically because NOTHING IS PURE anymore,its mostly crap.

Heres those songs from that album,do you hear the same in these??

http://hcmaslov.d-real.sci-nnov.ru/public/mp3/Beatles/10%20White%20Album
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2021, 22:15   #21
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
They may be in a different place to the original release. But that doesn't make it wrong. Spotify has the Ltd edition of the album that includes alternate takes and different versions of many of the songs. They used the original recording notes too to ensure everything was as close to the original vision for the songs.
It is wrong, because it’s not as the artists intended. If they did this deliberately, they are Philistines.

More likely, they were just plain ignorant.
Old 17-04-2021, 22:25   #22
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

How do you know it's not as the artists intended? The producers may have done what they thought was right at the time, but not as they planned.

Look at Let it Be Naked. It sounds so much better for being stripped baked and more basic.
Old 17-04-2021, 22:36   #23
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It is wrong, because it’s not as the artists intended. If they did this deliberately, they are Philistines.

More likely, they were just plain ignorant.
Paul McCartney likes it...

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/...rsary-release/
Quote:
Paul was asked if he had “finished preparing the 50th anniversary package” of the 1968 double album and responded by saying “It’s all in place, I’ve just got a couple of essays [to approve]. It’s all lined up and it’s really good.”

He went on to say that “The album itself is very cool and it sounds like you’re in the room; that’s the great thing about doing remasters.
As does Ringo...

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/...lbum-remaster/

Quote:
“It’s always been one of my favourite albums,” Ringo tells uDiscover Music. “There’s a lot of stuff that nobody’s ever heard and George’s house sessions. But the actual remastering (because of the technology we have today) is much clearer, and the drums are a little higher, so I love it.”
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 18-04-2021 at 01:06.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2021, 04:25   #24
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
OLD BOY did you listen to the songs??

I listenend to PIGGIES but to be frank I dont like the sound compared to my analogue cassette...
Old 18-04-2021, 12:21   #25
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

I've always been a music person, I would much rather listen to music than watch TV for example.

Over the years (and there are many) I've amassed a nice collection of the stuff I enjoy and listen to. I've also bought, or heard elsewhere, some of the 'remastered' stuff that is supposed to sound better.

My opinion:
I've listened to many tracks so many times that they are ingrained into memory, all the subtle nuances, the guitar tones, the 'background' ambience, the cymbals, how the song resonates etc . . it's all there.
When I hear the same track that is remastered it's different to how I know it, it's not the same song, and therefore my feeling is that it is 'not as good' as the original.

Some may think it's definitely better, some will say worse, some may not even hear a difference, it's all down to how you yourself want that track to sound
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2021, 10:11   #26
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Im trying to find PART 2 of the white album on cassette BUT I CAN ONLY FIND A NEWER RELEASE (Capital and not APPLE RECORDS) -- I assume the capital re-issues do not sound as good being later in the 70s...

PART 1 is on PAPER LABELS and says APPLE RECORDS . Didnt they do the 2nd cassette at the same time??

Very sad if its not out there on the original apple label... Part 1 is excellent and has the better songs anyway (Back in the ussr,etc)
Old 14-09-2021, 12:49   #27
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
We’re not talking about the same thing, Hugh. I’m talking about the streamed version of the album available on the Apple and YouTube streamers.

---------- Post added at 11:49 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
OLD BOY did you listen to the songs??

I listenend to PIGGIES but to be frank I dont like the sound compared to my analogue cassette...
I have only listened to the original and the other version I mentioned. I think this must be a newer version.

In the streamed version I have, the sounds of the blackbird and the pigs are in the wrong place.
Old 14-09-2021, 12:57   #28
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Im trying to find PART 2 of the white album on cassette BUT I CAN ONLY FIND A NEWER RELEASE (Capital and not APPLE RECORDS) -- I assume the capital re-issues do not sound as good being later in the 70s...

PART 1 is on PAPER LABELS and says APPLE RECORDS . Didnt they do the 2nd cassette at the same time??

Very sad if its not out there on the original apple label... Part 1 is excellent and has the better songs anyway (Back in the ussr,etc)
I don't imagine it will sound any worse. Being released in the 70s. It will probably sound like it's played through cotton wool. Tapes were not the best format at all. Plus they were both probably mastered from the same source.
Old 14-09-2021, 22:43   #29
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Yea quite possibly.......
Old 12-05-2022, 20:46   #30
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

I just found/ordered the original paper label release of part 2 of The Beatles WHITE ALBUM so now I have the whole album on the first release cassettes.... (Probably 1970 or 69 im not sure)