Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What have you just bought?

Old 15-02-2021, 19:16   #5401
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: What have you just bought?

Just bought a new Shark vacuum. The Mrs wanted one as the Dyson we have is getting on a bit and with the new house soon she decided it was time.
Old 15-02-2021, 19:27   #5402
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Update - easy to install and use (and link to Echo devices).

Terrible wifi connectivity.

Very happy with the ease of set up and usability - the set up process is simple & quick, and links easily to Echo devices.

My complaint is with the device wifi - I have 350Mb/s down & 35Mb/s up with Virgin Media, and get this speed consistently, and my house wifi is provided by 5 google mesh wifi hubs.

All my other devices get 250Mb+ (except Smart Bulbs and Smart Plugs, which get between 10 & 50Mb), but the Ring Stick Up Cam gets 1Mb - it’s only 12 foot from a Google Mesh hub, with one brick wall in between, with a RSSI reading of 74-79, which leads to a lag of a couple of seconds from when someone gets in the camera range to when we are notified.

Even when it was set it up, only 2 feet from the google mesh hub, I was only getting a RSSI of 34 - I’ve checked it’s on 2.4Ghz, so it’s not that.

Initially happy, now quite disappointed...
After Googling you're not the only person not happy, consider sending it back for a refund.

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Just bought a new Shark vacuum. The Mrs wanted one as the Dyson we have is getting on a bit and with the new house soon she decided it was time.
And you can tell her you need a PS5 for the new house too as it's only fair.
Old 15-02-2021, 19:29   #5403
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Perfume for my granddaughters birthday and put money in her card, she can buy what she wants ,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 19:40   #5404
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

A saucepan.
Old 16-02-2021, 02:55   #5405
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

A few bits for my iPad Pro, 2 cases a Pencil (not the Apple one) and a matte screen protector that feels like paper to write and draw on.

Last edited by Jimmy-J; 16-02-2021 at 02:59.
Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 12:47   #5406
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

Eight rolls of Frog Tape and a set of Makita drill bits.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 12:56   #5407
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
A saucepan.

Do tell!

I'd like pans like these but at £171 for the 14 cm pan a bit pricy.
Old 26-02-2021, 13:03   #5408
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Do tell!

I'd like pans like these but at £171 for the 14 cm pan a bit pricy.

Nothing like as expensive as those you have listed although they do look nice as our latest saucepan is now known as our porridge saucepan.
Old 26-02-2021, 16:03   #5409
MikeyB
cf.geek

Services: BT FTTP, Humax Foxsat HDR Freesat+
MikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud ofMikeyB has much to be proud of

A new 3TB NAS to replace the old & very slow 1TB unit that only supports old network protocols that is a pain to use with Windows 10.
MikeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2021, 22:29   #5410
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

The Apple Pencil (Gen 2) is out for delivery, should have it tomorrow. I've also bought a Behringer C-1 Studio Condenser Microphone, which should be here on Monday.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:52   #5411
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

A TickWatch Pro 3 - should be here later this morning. Hope it'll help me loose the extra inches I've acquired over the last 12 months. Too much comfort food and as my friend says furlough merlot.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:59   #5412
denphone
Still alive and fighting

A bucket and mop.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:31   #5413
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
A bucket and mop.
You just reminded me i need those for the boat
Old 11-03-2021, 11:51   #5414
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

grass seed a torch and some garlic granules
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 13:06   #5415
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

A handy combination for re seeding your lawn at night when Vampires may be on the prowl
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote