Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 1gig Rollout getting faster

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

1gig Rollout getting faster

Old 07-02-2021, 23:58   #121
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: 1gig Rollout getting faster

Still no sign of it round here.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2021, 18:12   #122
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Ive been messaging both virgin and vodafone about Nottingham on Twitter. If I get a reply I will let you know.
Old 08-02-2021, 18:26   #123
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Ive been messaging both virgin and vodafone about Nottingham on Twitter. If I get a reply I will let you know.
I rang Vodaphone last year and was told I would get a call back soon to tell me when Gigafast would be appearing, needless to say I've heard nothing. It's been "on its way" in my area for well over a year.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2021, 12:22   #124
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Still no sign of it round here.
Hey Paul, I just logged into the My Virgin Media homepage and it's now saying that 1gig is available in my area so it should be available in your area as well.
Old 15-02-2021, 20:54   #125
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

Services: VVIP 500mb aka Ultimate Oomph (who the hell thought that name up??) 4X V6 Samsung UE55KU6470 4K TV
Phil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Hey Paul, I just logged into the My Virgin Media homepage and it's now saying that 1gig is available in my area so it should be available in your area as well.
Don't bank on it. I'm Nottingham too and only showing M600 as available which is interesting as I'm on Ultimate Oomph and not had the upgrade from 500 to 600 yet

Cheers
Phil
Phil-ntl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2021, 21:06   #126
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Yeah, I went on chat this morning and they confirmed it's not available In Nottingham yet.
They ought to fix the My Virgin Media page giving out wrong information.
Old 15-02-2021, 21:08   #127
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-ntl View Post
Don't bank on it. I'm Nottingham too and only showing M600 as available which is interesting as I'm on Ultimate Oomph and not had the upgrade from 500 to 600 yet

Cheers
Phil
I’m still on 500 even though 600 is showing as being available here. Not that I get anywhere near 500 though.
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2021, 09:17   #128
Bonglet
cf.addict

Bonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about themBonglet has a spectacular aura about them

Cancelled m200 (20years a telewest/virgin customer) as the disconnections and high pricing is not fit for purpose now sadly (what has happened to your phone support also down most of the time) , the kind lady from retentions did offer a better package and reduced price but already bit the bullet, and no plans on giga in my area from virgin so got my new package in today.
quite decent.

Bonglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2021, 21:15   #129
bbxxl
cf.addict

bbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nicebbxxl is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonglet View Post
Cancelled m200 (20years a telewest/virgin customer) as the disconnections and high pricing is not fit for purpose now sadly (what has happened to your phone support also down most of the time) , the kind lady from retentions did offer a better package and reduced price but already bit the bullet, and no plans on giga in my area from virgin so got my new package in today.
quite decent.

How much do you pay for that? The best Zen can offer me is 200 for £60/month which isn’t what you’d call cheap. Never had a problem with disconnecting or virgins telephone support myself.
bbxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2021, 03:02   #130
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Sadly all Zen can offer me is the same as Sky/BT/Vodaphone etc.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2021, 09:33   #131
gimpymoo
cf.addict

gimpymoo will become famous soon enoughgimpymoo will become famous soon enoughgimpymoo will become famous soon enough

Currently NOT a VM customer, Is it worth signing up to M500 now and "upgrading" to 1GB at what will surely be a rip off price as I would be "in contract" or wait... till maybe who knows when for the 1GB to be offered in my area (Nottingham) to new customers.

I guess nobody has a rollout plan so to speak to give some idea?

I just know their "existing customer" price will be eye watering.

VM have a monopoly on "fast" fibre, yes, I know they spent the money building the infrastructure and deserve the rewards from that but if they are not careful, the discussion of them allowing access to their network to other providers is going to become louder.

Thanks.

Last edited by gimpymoo; 20-02-2021 at 10:07.
gimpymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2021, 10:04   #132
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Hi Gimpymoo
I'm in Nottingham but I've not seen anything to say when Gig 1 will arrive.
If you take the 500mbps it is now actually upgraded to 600mbps.
Hope that helps you in making your decision.
Old 20-02-2021, 10:16   #133
gimpymoo
cf.addict

gimpymoo will become famous soon enoughgimpymoo will become famous soon enoughgimpymoo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hi Gimpymoo
I'm in Nottingham but I've not seen anything to say when Gig 1 will arrive.
If you take the 500mbps it is now actually upgraded to 600mbps.
Hope that helps you in making your decision.
Hi Trevor.

Thanks for that. I do want the 1GB but not prepared to be "bent over" by Virgin as an existing customer.

Any reports from existing customers in upgraded areas who have upgraded what price they have been charged? I expect they charged for the new modem too? Following on from that, are new customers getting the Hub 4 or 3?

I may sit it out and see what happens.

Currently on THREE unlimited data for £20 a month. Not great but not the worse to be honest.
Old 20-02-2021, 17:27   #134
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

If you're anywhere in the coloured bits of the map here https://imgur.com/a/X2JJ8pU then you'd be best waiting for OpenReach. If outside, try and get on VM via a sale but be prepared to leave whenever they whack the prices up.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2021, 18:08   #135
gimpymoo
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
If you're anywhere in the coloured bits of the map here https://imgur.com/a/X2JJ8pU then you'd be best waiting for OpenReach. If outside, try and get on VM via a sale but be prepared to leave whenever they whack the prices up.
Ooh, thanks.

I was literally on the edge of something and nothing on that map, so I checked here:

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broa...fibre-for-home

Quote:
"We're sorry, our fibre products aren't available for you yet.
However, we are starting to roll out our Ultrafast Full Fibre and Superfast Fibre products in your area, giving you speeds of up to 1Gbps - provide your contact details and we'll keep you up to date with progress and what this means for your address."
All depends what "starting to roll" means...

I have seen no works going on so could be a year away if they are just at the planning phase for example.

I did check an adjacent area, ironically where my nearest ADSL exchange is and it says..

Quote:
"However, we are starting to roll out our Superfast Fibre product in your area, giving you speeds of up to 80Mbps - provide your contact details and we'll keep you up to date with progress and what this means for your address and let you know if our ultra-fast, ultra-reliable Full Fibre, with speeds of up to 1Gbps is planning to come to your area."
Am I right in thinking "Full Fibre" is Fibre To The Property?

Last edited by gimpymoo; 20-02-2021 at 18:30.