Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 07-02-2021, 18:28   #646
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
What does fast forward look like . Ie as tivo or more like netflix ,itv hub and sky go ?
not sure what this means exactly, but it shows the video frame image at set intervals as you fast forward. guess thats more like netflix?

seems to skip one minute at its top speed. although of course you can just ask it to skip 15 minutes or whatever for longer stuff
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2021, 19:03   #647
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometeeth View Post
not sure what this means exactly, but it shows the video frame image at set intervals as you fast forward. guess thats more like netflix?

seems to skip one minute at its top speed. although of course you can just ask it to skip 15 minutes or whatever for longer stuff
Thank you .for me another reason not to switch. Not a fan of screen shot by screen shot fast forwarding . Do not watch anything live always record 15 minutes or so . So l can skip dead time . in sport stoppages, half time etc in shows , cars chases etc and if watching a quiz show all the waffle .
Old 07-02-2021, 20:17   #648
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Thank you .for me another reason not to switch. Not a fan of screen shot by screen shot fast forwarding . Do not watch anything live always record 15 minutes or so . So l can skip dead time . in sport stoppages, half time etc in shows , cars chases etc and if watching a quiz show all the waffle .
You can also say fast forward 3mins into the remote and it does just that
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 20:19   #649
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
So are they doing over the air upgrades for the V6 now and sending the new remotes?
Only if you choose to upgrade.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 21:17   #650
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
You can also say fast forward 3mins into the remote and it does just that
Nice thought but cannot often know how long to fast forward for ! Really need to see not guess
Old 07-02-2021, 23:23   #651
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
ha, funny, my dad literally calls the start of quiz shows "jibber jabber" and loves to skip it all.

I dont think this is any huge incentive to upgrade if you have a happy service your used to with things like that. I know my parents would be very unhappy if anything they are used to changes!

personally I dont mind so much as some of the benefits outweigh the issues, but I love being able to switch profiles from my partners animal channels to my sports in a click of a button
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:43   #652
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometeeth View Post
ha, funny, my dad literally calls the start of quiz shows "jibber jabber" and loves to skip it all.

I dont think this is any huge incentive to upgrade if you have a happy service your used to with things like that. I know my parents would be very unhappy if anything they are used to changes!

personally I dont mind so much as some of the benefits outweigh the issues, but I love being able to switch profiles from my partners animal channels to my sports in a click of a button
Can I just clarify the profiles option? If I add programmes I like to my profile and those my wife likes to hers, do I just see my programmes on mine and can she see just her programmes on her profile?

I think someone said you still see all the programmes whatever the profile, which to me would make the profile pointless.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:17   #653
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Can I just clarify the profiles option? If I add programmes I like to my profile and those my wife likes to hers, do I just see my programmes on mine and can she see just her programmes on her profile?

I think someone said you still see all the programmes whatever the profile, which to me would make the profile pointless.
You will only see the channels you have selected on your profile and your wife will only see hers on her pofile. In fact, you do not need to limit the profiles to individuals. You can create a profile for anything - such as moods or seasons.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:16   #654
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Recordings are shared across the profiles. Channels in the guide and watchlists are per profile
Old 08-02-2021, 10:59   #655
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Most people aren't interested, in apps profiles or talking to their remote as they have no friends....

They just want to watch/record tv. As this will end up with many having less recording space, can't see the point
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 11:01   #656
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Most people aren't interested, in apps profiles or talking to their remote as they have no friends....

They just want to watch/record tv. As this will end up with many having less recording space, can't see the point
Some want more recording space.
Old 08-02-2021, 15:23   #657
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Some want more recording space.
I agree with you Denphone - I can only assume Virgin bought a huge job lot of 1Tb disc drives and have yet to use them all.

2Tb should be the minimum, 4Tb should be easily achievable.

I wonder if anyone has tried replacing the drive with a larger one - if so was it successful?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 16:23   #658
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

IMHO 1TB is more than enough for the purposes of watching recordings at a convenient time.
Anyone wanting a bigger storage capacity is archiving material they will never get round to watching.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 16:30   #659
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
IMHO 1TB is more than enough for the purposes of watching recordings at a convenient time.
Anyone wanting a bigger storage capacity is archiving material they will never get round to watching.
You seem to struggle to understand anyone who has different uses and circumstances to that of your own.

1TB isn't massive recording capacity when you factor in UHD and HD in large family households were the whole family use the box.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 16:47   #660
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
You seem to struggle to understand anyone who has different uses and circumstances to that of your own.

1TB isn't massive recording capacity when you factor in UHD and HD in large family households were the whole family use the box.
Exactly.