Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 20:00   #2791
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Probably not but what's the purpose of the state broadcaster if it's not to highlight the plight of the white middle class?

Also curious if the staged photo for the BBC website was an essential journey.
It was work, so yes that would have been permitted.
Old 12-01-2021, 20:32   #2792
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Probably not but what's the purpose of the state broadcaster if it's not to highlight the plight of the white middle class?

Also curious if the staged photo for the BBC website was an essential journey.
It was probably taken at Prestop Park, about 500 metres from one of the lady’s house.

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
How was it work for the two ladies - were they paid?

Anyway, the picture is titled "Jessica Allen (left) and friend Eliza Moore near their homes in Ashby-de-la-Zouch".
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 12-01-2021 at 20:39.
Old 12-01-2021, 21:11   #2793
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Work.

I almost prefer your epidemiology skills, OB.
Old 12-01-2021, 21:29   #2794
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Journalistic work. Obviously.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 12-01-2021, 21:33   #2795
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Journalistic work. Obviously.
Key workers, in fact.
Old 12-01-2021, 21:52   #2796
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Key workers, in fact.
The reporters are, they’re not...

Anyway, as posted earlier, it was taken near their home.
Old 12-01-2021, 21:56   #2797
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

It’s the worker, not the work, that falls into key worker categories. Are either journalists by trade?
Old 13-01-2021, 07:12   #2798
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
The reporters are, they’re not...
Nobody said they were, I believe the original point was that the photo was taken by somebody working.

As OB responded to

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=2791
Old 13-01-2021, 07:47   #2799
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Nobody said they were, I believe the original point was that the photo was taken by somebody working.

As OB responded to

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=2791
I questioned if their journey was essential. I offered no opinion on who took the photo.
Old 13-01-2021, 08:24   #2800
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

I wasn't involved.
Old 13-01-2021, 11:38   #2801
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Work.

I almost prefer your epidemiology skills, OB.
What else would you call, you know, what reporters do?

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

Quote:
I questioned if their journey was essential. I offered no opinion on who took the photo.
Then what was the point of your question about ‘work’? Argumentative, as usual. No surprise there, then.
Old 13-01-2021, 11:42   #2802
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I'm almost certain that any shop already has the power to decide who they let enter and always have.

I found out as shops are private property that can refuse entry to anyone they want.

Personally I'd ban anyone without a mask, unless they had a Drs letter, then they would only be allowed in at certain times to protect others.

I say Drs leter as you can buy an exemption card online which is pointless.
Old 13-01-2021, 11:53   #2803
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
What else would you call, you know, what reporters do?

Then what was the point of your question about ‘work’? Argumentative, as usual. No surprise there, then.
You brought up work Old Boy, not me.

I merely asked if their staged photo was an essential journey. You got into an argument about it, I'm unsure why when it's plainly not essential to stage a photo for the purposes of a "news" article.
Old 13-01-2021, 12:04   #2804
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
You brought up work Old Boy, not me.

I merely asked if their staged photo was an essential journey. You got into an argument about it, I'm unsure why when it's plainly not essential to stage a photo for the purposes of a "news" article.
There appears to have been some confusion about who "they*" were - you believed it was the two ladies, and some others believed it was the people reporting the story.

*did they have to make an "essential journey" for the sake of the photo opportunity

Since the confusion is resolved, let's move on, please.
Old 13-01-2021, 13:18   #2805
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Boris got well and truly skewered by Starmer at PMQs today.

To my eyes at least, the children's meal package that Boris said was unacceptable, etc, was pointed out by Starmer to be exactly in line with the official Education Dept. guidance.

Boris could only answer that the Conservatives instituted free school meals, not Labour, plus a load of bumbling waffle.

Skewered and Boris knew it.

My advice is at your risk.
Closed Thread