Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 16:40   #2731
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Liz Windsor and Phil the Greek have had their jabs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55602007
A well timed announcement..Hopefully this will reasure the older people who have been reluctant to have the Covid vaccination. My Doctor's practice has been quite worried about the numbers who have refused to have it done, so much scaremongering going about.
Old 09-01-2021, 17:00   #2732
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Liz Windsor and Phil the Greek have had their jabs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55602007
I bet they don't wait 12 weeks for their second dose.
Old 09-01-2021, 17:03   #2733
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I bet they don't wait 12 weeks for their second dose.
That didn't take long did it
Old 09-01-2021, 17:41   #2734
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Why would all the Governments of the world, even the ones who hate each other, do this?
Control. An afraid population is easier to control.

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm guessing that Pierre thinks that we need to exaggerate the global pandemic as people wouldn't comply with the restrictions if we told it "accurately".
You could put it that way.
Old 09-01-2021, 18:01   #2735
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Control. An afraid population is easier to control.

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

You could put it that way.
But what about the autocratic Governments that already control their population - what's in it for them, as they already have that power?

Are all the Pharma/Biosimilar companies part of this conspiracy as well, including all the virologists and epidemiologists who don't work for them?

Does that mean there aren't all those sick people in hospitals all over the world, and that all the medics in all the countries are lying?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 09-01-2021, 18:24   #2736
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Why would countries like New Zealand work so hard to eliminate the virus in that case and not just let a few cases in, and bring in restrictions all over again?
Old 09-01-2021, 18:50   #2737
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
But what about the autocratic Governments that already control their population - what's in it for them, as they already have that power?
You can never have too much power

Quote:
Are all the Pharma/Biosimilar companies part of this conspiracy as well, including all the virologists and epidemiologists who don't work for them?
What conspiracy?

Quote:
Does that mean there aren't all those sick people in hospitals all over the world, and that all the medics in all the countries are lying?
No, why would you suggest that?
Old 09-01-2021, 22:57   #2738
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The hospitals are reaching a crisis point. What would you want them to do differently? I am struggling to see what exactly you're objecting too in these threads because you complain about the government/NHS not having a plan whilst seeming to suggest the Government are scaremongering even as the cases and deaths go off the chart.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:13   #2739
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The hospitals are reaching a crisis point. What would you want them to do differently? I am struggling to see what exactly you're objecting too in these threads because you complain about the government/NHS not having a plan whilst seeming to suggest the Government are scaremongering even as the cases and deaths go off the chart.
When this all started there was media coverage all over the news ,now there is just words ,maybe if these hospitals at "crisis" point were televised live it might go some way to convince people it was true.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:28   #2740
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
When this all started there was media coverage all over the news ,now there is just words ,maybe if these hospitals at "crisis" point were televised live it might go some way to convince people it was true.
Do you mean like there was on the BBC news yesterday?

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

Quote:
Why would all the Governments of the world, even the ones who hate each other, do this?
Quote:
Probably not, as that wouldn’t make it look as bad as it does, and we need to keep the country at peak fear.

At least this new variant seems to rippping through the population at a pace, vaccination + infection at this speed and we’ll all be done by spring!
Quote:
You can never have too much power

What conspiracy?

No, why would you suggest that?
Old 10-01-2021, 10:33   #2741
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Do you mean like there was on the BBC news yesterday?

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

If it was inside a covid ward then yes but show more
Old 10-01-2021, 10:35   #2742
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Yes, it was.
Old 10-01-2021, 10:49   #2743
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I can't get away from the coverage of the pandemic on the BBC or Sky or any other media outlet so I can't see your point.
Old 10-01-2021, 11:14   #2744
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy View Post
I can't get away from the coverage of the pandemic on the BBC or Sky or any other media outlet so I can't see your point.
No change there then.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:33   #2745
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

The Manchester Evening News has published an article to-day written by David Oliver who is an experienced NHS Consultant Physician and medical writer from Manchester.

Quote:
He has played a variety of national medical leadership and policy roles and has a weekly column in the British Medical Journal.

He currently manages Covid wards at a hospital in the south of England. Here, he takes on three arguments commonly made by 'lockdown sceptics' - arguments he says are undermining public safety.

It's quite a long article but having closely followed this thread from its first post through to the this morning's posts I I have a good idea which of oiur members will bother to read it and which will dismiss it immediatly because for various reasons they consider that what they are being told is either downright lies meant o scare the "poor gulible fools who cower away behind the barracades" or the "I know better than all the experts and I refuse to accept that there is a problem or worse still the " well if I don't actually know any one who died and everyone I know who got wasn't that ill" so why do I have follow any guidelines.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s-who-19584621