Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 19-12-2020, 22:30   #451
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Two weeks in and both of our V6 boxes are working fine on 360.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-12-2020, 00:44   #452
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroc1 View Post
Got the 360 remote today the upgrade was as simple as you could imagine the remote is fantastic the new UI is impressive and super quick I'm surprised the voice feature understands Scottish �� V6 box now updated to virgin 360 can't complain
There's many types of Scottish... I'd have said I'll judge it based on my dulcet tones, but I have no intention of using voice controls.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2020, 08:32   #453
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
There's many types of Scottish... I'd have said I'll judge it based on my dulcet tones, but I have no intention of using voice controls.
You'll have to try it at least once to see if this happens

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...ockney-accent/
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2020, 10:18   #454
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

It’s a quicker way of turning subtitles on instead of needing 3 or 4 button presses.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2020, 10:43   #455
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You'll have to try it at least once to see if this happens

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...ockney-accent/
Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
It’s a quicker way of turning subtitles on instead of needing 3 or 4 button presses.
I'm really stubborn when it comes to certain things. Even several button presses ain't going to put me off making it "simpler".
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2020, 00:38   #456
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Can anyone answer what virgin 360 actually is? Is it new software or is it these little v6 boxes which i dont want?

I currently have 3 v6s in my house and i dont want to give them up for mini boxes which leach off the main box.

So my question is....is the whole mini v6s virgin 360 or is the new software on these boxes what is called "virgin 360"?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2020, 00:51   #457
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

The new TV 360 boxes are just V6 boxes with the new software I have the V6 updated to virgin 360 had to get the remote to upgrade though the remote is miles better than that peanut thing the UI is what virgin TV needs it is a welcomed change I can't complain about the update at all
KillerCroc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2020, 10:03   #458
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

If you look closely at your original V6 boxes it is actually in 2 halves with a thin line around the middle. The mini boxes are essentially just the top half only of the original V6 box with the bottom half removed which contains the hard drive. The idea being that the mini "slave" box receives its recordings and info from the main fully intact box with no need or use of its own hard drive. This system is called TV360 with the new Horizon software on new Humax manufactured boxes.
The alternative system, which is in trial only, is that you keep your original intact 2 or 3 Arris manufactured V6 boxes with the original hard drives on all your boxes still and the 360 Horizon firmware is downloaded to your boxes which are then reformatted replacing the Tivo software, but you retain all your hard drives. However, there is currently compatibility bugs in this trialled system at the moment between the Arris only boxes and the latest 360 (4.28 software) update version. This will be ironed out eventually.
The 360 / Horizon system that's in use in the rest of the European market by the other Liberty Global brands, including UPC, don't even use hard drives at all, as everything is recorded directly to the cloud instead. I guess this might be the ultimate goal here, although a very long way off yet.

Last edited by fox35; 21-12-2020 at 10:35.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2020, 19:18   #459
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Richard is correct that only channels 101 to 105 and 113 remain on V+ and V-HD boxes. However, that's all that many users want. We aren't currently forcing these users to move to TiVo, never mind TV360.
Do you know why ITV have been allowed to give these customers a choice of an SD or a HD feed (apart from Scotland)? I'm assuming that they only have access to their local BBC1 SD channel, BBC2 HD, Channel 4 SD & Channel 5 HD.

Can these customers still record with their V+?
Old 21-12-2020, 20:27   #460
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

I suspect it's so people who habitually type 113 don't get an error.

V+ can still record.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2020, 21:03   #461
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

That’ll be a complaint to Virgin Media. Someone else gets something Richard doesn’t.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2020, 09:16   #462
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
The 360 / Horizon system that's in use in the rest of the European market by the other Liberty Global brands, including UPC, don't even use hard drives at all, as everything is recorded directly to the cloud instead. I guess this might be the ultimate goal here, although a very long way off yet.

Why is Britain not getting the cloud recording option as above,instead still ploughing on with the somewhat ancient hard drive system,heck even if we had an ssd version instead of noisy hard drives that would have been an update.
figgyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2020, 09:25   #463
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
That’ll be a complaint to Virgin Media. Someone else gets something Richard doesn’t.
What don't I get that someone else does??
Old 22-12-2020, 09:27   #464
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
What don't I get that someone else does??
The joke that he just made...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2020, 01:29   #465
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroc1 View Post
The new TV 360 boxes are just V6 boxes with the new software I have the V6 updated to virgin 360 had to get the remote to upgrade though the remote is miles better than that peanut thing the UI is what virgin TV needs it is a welcomed change I can't complain about the update at all
Ah so i can keep my 3 v6 boxes? How do i get the new software? Will it just come next year for everyone? How did you get the new software exactly?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote