Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 10-10-2020, 22:25   #1246
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Because people want something for nothing. These productions aren’t made for free!
"rational capitalists".
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2020, 02:39   #1247
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
"rational capitalists".
Except that they are not all capitalists!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 00:17   #1248
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

VM may be getting SKY Atlantic but as a additional addon, talks are ready to start according to documentation i've seen today.
Old 14-10-2020, 00:28   #1249
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
VM may be getting SKY Atlantic but as a additional addon, talks are ready to start according to documentation i've seen today.
Why bother now? When the channel launched 10 years ago it was exciting and different. Big hitting shows like Boardwalk Empire and Games of Thrones have come and gone. SKY have since spread some of the channels content over their new channels SKY Comedy and SKY Documentaries. What you're left with is a shadow of its former self. An additional ad on? SKY are taking the urine. Dung for the price of gold.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 01:29   #1250
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Why bother now? When the channel launched 10 years ago it was exciting and different. Big hitting shows like Boardwalk Empire and Games of Thrones have come and gone. SKY have since spread some of the channels content over their new channels SKY Comedy and SKY Documentaries. What you're left with is a shadow of its former self. An additional ad on? SKY are taking the urine. Dung for the price of gold.
From guesswork in the office SKY are looking to push Atlantic as uks HBOMAX, everything is in the proposal stage at the moment, in work we think WB will oppose it anyway and would look at the possibility to launch HBOMAX itself in UK in the future.
The other guess is Atlantic will arrive on VM but in one of the higher priced packages.
Once i find out more info i'll be sure to post what i can here ofcourse.
Old 14-10-2020, 10:18   #1251
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
From guesswork in the office SKY are looking to push Atlantic as uks HBOMAX, everything is in the proposal stage at the moment, in work we think WB will oppose it anyway and would look at the possibility to launch HBOMAX itself in UK in the future.
The other guess is Atlantic will arrive on VM but in one of the higher priced packages.
Surely Now TV is Sky's HBO MAX, being a streaming service?

With VM moving away from tiers and Sky's Entertainment HD channels almost all in the same one already I'd imagine that would be the obvious place, if it happens.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 12:15   #1252
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Given that Sky have a deal for first run theatrical movies and HBO content, both of which would be the primary drivers of a platform it does make me doubt whether WarnerMedia could launch a platform here... the deal is fairly similar to the deals made in Canada and Australia (though the U.K. press notes were not specific about WB produced Max originals) and when it was announced a year ago, WarnerMedia did specifically say at the investors day they were leaning on existing partners specifying the Sky deal for “stability and predictability”. Anything in what you have seen about Sky offering Max Originals?

I think Virgin users have been starved of Atlantic long enough! Especially given that the HBO and Showtime is now distributed across the platform via multiple channel brands and not just brigaded to the one channel... I wonder if a treating it as a premium add on was the only concession of agreeing a carriage deal as opposed to offering Now TV like with BT where Sky control the stream.

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Spreading content across the channel brands has changed Atlantic’s USP for sure but that channel is increasingly being anchored by the Sky Original dramas and which I believe Sky have themselves said actually draw in more viewers than the majority of the HBO imports - I think it still has some cache as their flagship drama brand and having things like GOT on demand, Chernobyl and Gangs Of London as well as the next GOT Spin off still ensures it’s quite the proposition.
Phunkenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 17:44   #1253
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Not a cat in hells chance of that happening.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 18:49   #1254
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Hmmm. Before now would have laughed at the idea. But with so many add ons in this “bright streaming future” I think customers would be more likely to do it.
Old 14-10-2020, 20:07   #1255
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Well tbh i'd rather go by documentation actually recieved than someone on a forum, no offence mate.
Old 14-10-2020, 20:44   #1256
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Well tbh i'd rather go by documentation actually recieved than someone on a forum, no offence mate.

Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 21:25   #1257
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Could make for an 'egg on face' moment if it comes to nothing. In his defence you've only said may and there's been good reasons up to now that Sky have evidently decided to retain some content exclusively.

Everyone is entitled to take a view.
Old 14-10-2020, 21:35   #1258
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Quote:
Could make for an 'egg on face' moment if it comes to nothing. In his defence you've only said may and there's been good reasons up to now that Sky have evidently decided to retain some content exclusively.

To be fair my not a cat in hells chance comment isn't that Atlantic wont end up on Virgin at some point more I can't see it being an add on. I won't go missing I'll happily admit I was wrong if it were to happen.

Last edited by muppetman11; 14-10-2020 at 21:43.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 22:12   #1259
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
To be fair my not a cat in hells chance comment isn't that Atlantic wont end up on Virgin at some point more I can't see it being an add on. I won't go missing I'll happily admit I was wrong if it were to happen.
Ah yeah talk in the office is we can't see how it'd be a addon on it's own, same here if nothing comes of it i'll hold up my hands and move on lol.

As for NOWTV which a certain OB mentioned a while back vm have absolutely no interest in that being on their platform. As it stands SKY are looking more towards plusnet following BT's path which is likely seeing as BT own Plusnet.

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

Quote:

Not really as i already stated it is in proposal mode at the moment so basically a idea that's been put forward by SKY, ideas come and go there was a idea of Netflix launching a live channel which nothing came of it.
Old 14-10-2020, 22:24   #1260
jfman
Architect of Ideas

If it's less than £3.99 I can drop Now TV.