Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 15-09-2020, 17:42   #1321
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

It is not on Sky's UHD list. The non-EPL games are Everton v Salford and Brighton v Portsmouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I dont think the Burton v Villa game is being shown in UHD.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-09-2020, 18:21   #1322
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

It is according to FotMob
Old 16-09-2020, 04:52   #1323
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

No idea where they got that from as it wasn't in UHD - I checked during the game.

Tonight's Everton game is but is not listing in some places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
It is according to FotMob
Old 16-09-2020, 10:09   #1324
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Tonight on FotMob they have Everton v Salford and WBA v Harrogate down for being on Sky Ultra HD 1
Old 16-09-2020, 12:20   #1325
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Subtitles have gone wonky again. Either they are not there, or they appear late. (e.g. American Gods).
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2020, 14:31   #1326
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Subtitles have gone wonky again. Either they are not there, or they appear late. (e.g. American Gods).
On which episodes, and where are you watching it from? (e.g. Live, recorded on V6, VM Store, Catch Up,...?)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2020, 14:39   #1327
ozsat
cf.mega poster

SkyQ only shows the Everton game in the UHD section for tonight.

The rest of this weeks schedule is:

SKY UHD1
16 Sep 1230 Live England V Australia ODI

Sky UHD2
16 Sept 2000 Live EFL Cup Everton V Salford
17 Sept 1930 Live EFL Cup Brighton V Portsmouth

Quote:
Tonight on FotMob they have Everton v Salford and WBA v Harrogate down for being on Sky Ultra HD 1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0395.jpg (387.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0396.jpg (416.2 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by ozsat; 16-09-2020 at 14:59.
Old 16-09-2020, 15:04   #1328
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
On which episodes, and where are you watching it from? (e.g. Live, recorded on V6, VM Store, Catch Up,...?)
All from the V6 as our lifestyle demands non-linear these days. All episodes so far have the problem.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2020, 17:52   #1329
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

I'd love to have watched the ODI cricket in UHD/4K

Come on Virgin...pull your finger out!
Old 16-09-2020, 18:00   #1330
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
All from the V6 as our lifestyle demands non-linear these days. All episodes so far have the problem.
If you mean playing recordings from the V6, I'm afraid that's a known software error. Only some channels are affected, but that probably doesn't help you in this case.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2020, 19:45   #1331
ozsat
cf.mega poster

The issue would be Sky. VM would not hold back if Sky would allow it.

Quote:
I'd love to have watched the ODI cricket in UHD/4K

Come on Virgin...pull your finger out!

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

As expected - no sign of WBA on Sky UHD.

Quote:
Old 17-09-2020, 01:17   #1332
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Ozsat, why the **** do you post arse for elbow.....
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 15:48   #1333
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Just point out that the football listings sources people are using appear to be wrong.

Sky UHD keeps cropping up when it is not scheduled. Pick was listing and was never scheduled.

I wonder where the incorrect listings are coming from.

People with VM and no access to Sky UHD - think they are missing matches they are not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Ozsat, why the **** do you post arse for elbow.....
Old 17-09-2020, 16:20   #1334
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Just point out that the football listings sources people are using appear to be wrong.

Sky UHD keeps cropping up when it is not scheduled. Pick was listing and was never scheduled.

I wonder where the incorrect listings are coming from.

People with VM and no access to Sky UHD - think they are missing matches they are not
Well, not all the ones suggested - but they are missing some of them.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2020, 23:23   #1335
Matty993
cf.member

Matty993 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have noticed that a lot of films available on Sky Cinema now flag as UHD in search results but only show as HD on the info page for that specific film.

To my eyes, films such as Joker certainly appear to be higher resolution than the usual poor Sky Cinema quality. However, all on demand content, including SD/HD from other providers like ITV, makes my V6 send a 2160p signal to my TV so I cannot be certain that those films are indeed UHD.

A few I've noticed to be UHD: Godfather Parts 1 & 2, Blade Runner Final Cut, Godzilla King of Monsters, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Joker, Captain Phillips, Inglorious Basterds and also the Sky One shows Brassic and Avenue 5.

Hopefully someone else can verify those are UHD as I suspect.
Matty993 is offline   Reply With Quote