Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 02-09-2020, 15:13   #31
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

It is V6 or TV360 - you can't have both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
... I believe, should have been offered at least one V6 box replaced with Horizon and then the mini box for a separate room and kept the second V6 box.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2020, 15:16   #32
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

I just had an email to say

There was a glitch in our last email that stopped you from getting our new TV experience, at no extra cost. Sorry about that. Let’s try it again.

So I click the link and low and behold

Please call us about your upgrade

We're really sorry, but we won't be able to sort your upgrade through our website. Instead, please give us a quick ring so we can go through the details with you.

I think I will pass as I have 2 V6 boxes, don’t want to be cutting my recording capacity in half anyway for what is essentially a change of software.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 15:20   #33
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
For those happy with the current hardware and software, the new Horizon-based solution will undoubtedly be disliked.
For those that want flashy graphics and voice control, .....
Flashy graphics and voice control don't do that much for me as l much prefer a bigger memory.

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
If VM want to compete with the 4K SkyQ box, they really must up the capacity of the master box to 2TB. Unlike SkyQ you can have as many Virgin MRV (multiroom) boxes running as you have installed, whereas Sky is restricted to 2 at any one time.

Keeping the coax feed was also a must, as with a main box & 3 MRVs running you would only have 2 tuners available to record if you ran them over a network.

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
V6 then....
Old 02-09-2020, 15:43   #34
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Well I won't be taking their 'offer'.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 15:54   #35
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point

Do we know how many tuners the new main box has? Presumably no technical reason why it has to be the same as the old V6 box.
Richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 16:19   #36
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I think the hardware is the same - so six in the main box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr View Post
Do we know how many tuners the new main box has? Presumably no technical reason why it has to be the same as the old V6 box.
Old 02-09-2020, 18:17   #37
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
You can do that using catch up/on demand.
Not what I watch - sport is not normally available via catch up/on demand

Also takes a lot of disc space (around 4% for a UHD recording)

As several have said - not a good deal just to get flashy graphics and voice control (which I am not interested in)
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 18:19   #38
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Unless VM have plans for the future for storage - I can see some users finding 1TB falling short for UHD recordings.

Last edited by ozsat; 02-09-2020 at 18:22.
Old 03-09-2020, 16:17   #39
Firmsky
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate ooomph
Firmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant futureFirmsky has a brilliant future

I got the offer via email but it won’t allow me to sign up.

2nd email to fix the original and I have the same problem.

I have wasted around 3 hours on the phone trying to get someone to understand this and have given up.
Firmsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 19:07   #40
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Unless VM have plans for the future for storage - I can see some users finding 1TB falling short for UHD recordings.
Are VM going to run both platforms V6 and 360 ?

It seems a hard sell if you have two V6 boxes or more , Sky had a similar issue with people who had multiple boxes especially from people with the larger storage boxes.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 19:13   #41
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Are VM going to run both platforms V6 and 360 ?
Previously VM gave the impression V6 boxes would be updated to Horizon, now it seems less likely. I'm wondering now if they found unforeseen difficulties updating them without losing recordings and settings.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 21:50   #42
hermeneut
cf.member

hermeneut is an unknown quantity at this point

This all sounds as half-arsed as we have come to expect from VM.
hermeneut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 00:02   #43
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Is it really such a big deal? I mean doesn't the V6 that many people have at the moment do a good job? seems like many people getting their kickers in a twist over nothing much.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:09   #44
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Is it really such a big deal? I mean doesn't the V6 that many people have at the moment do a good job? seems like many people getting their kickers in a twist over nothing much.
The V6 does a very good job IMYO but it would have been nice if Virgin considered that some users record far more then others and thus put that thinking in their future STB's.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:47   #45
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

I think the 360 box(es) would need to offer a whole lot more to persuade me - and I suspect many others - to switch over from the V6.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote