Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 21-07-2020, 18:10   #7816
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
Not sure YouTube Premium (as in a paid ad free tier) is ending but they have by and large exited the premium scripted space they were dabbling in...
OK thanks for confirming , yes I knew they'd pulled back on the original scripted content. I mainly use my YouTube Premium sub for the YouTube music side and the ability to watch YouTube video content without the barrage of adverts its also handy to be able to download for travel.
Advertisement
Old 22-07-2020, 20:50   #7817
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

BritBox's first slate of original shows includes Irvine Welsh adaptation Crime

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...e-of-new-shows

Royal Shakespeare Company, Royal Opera, Royal Ballet and more come to BritBox UK In landmark deal

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/brit...ox-uk-landmark

Explore Cult TV with BritBox UK

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/brit...-tv-britbox-uk
Old 23-07-2020, 22:25   #7818
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
BritBox's first slate of original shows includes Irvine Welsh adaptation Crime

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...e-of-new-shows

Royal Shakespeare Company, Royal Opera, Royal Ballet and more come to BritBox UK In landmark deal

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/brit...ox-uk-landmark

Explore Cult TV with BritBox UK

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/brit...-tv-britbox-uk
So bbc and itv are creating content only for people abroad or those who subscribe to britbox?!

is there a search function on pluto tv? its a glorious MESS of stuff but i have no idea how to actually find out whats on there without scrolling forever through the epg
Old 24-07-2020, 00:24   #7819
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
So bbc and itv are creating content only for people abroad or those who subscribe to britbox?!

is there a search function on pluto tv? its a glorious MESS of stuff but i have no idea how to actually find out whats on there without scrolling forever through the epg
I find it better to look at the On Demand offering rather than the live tv part of the site.
Old 24-07-2020, 09:46   #7820
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I find it better to look at the On Demand offering rather than the live tv part of the site.
Yeah, I agree.

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
The two organisations, or their offshoots, have made shows for others for a while. The recent original dramas on UKTV's Alibi for example. Only Pay TV customers will see those.
Old 25-07-2020, 15:06   #7821
DVD Cinema
cf.addict

DVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about themDVD Cinema has a spectacular aura about them

Are Virgin Movies On Demand streamed/compressed like Amazon/Netflix?
Old 26-07-2020, 14:31   #7822
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I wouldn't have expected you to say anything else, Old Boy.

Interesting that Sky is pulling out of Spain. I suspect that Disney's launch of Disney + and the inevitable removal of Disney-owned content from Sky Spain's streaming service was largely to account for this, as I don't believe Sky Spain produced any significant Spanish content itself.
https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2020...-ott-platform/
Old 27-07-2020, 09:35   #7823
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I wouldn't have expected you to say anything else, Old Boy.

Interesting that Sky is pulling out of Spain. I suspect that Disney's launch of Disney + and the inevitable removal of Disney-owned content from Sky Spain's streaming service was largely to account for this, as I don't believe Sky Spain produced any significant Spanish content itself.
https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2020...-ott-platform/

I think you might be right about the Spain issue, but I was surprised Sky were pulling out. Spain is not renowned for its TV content, so I thought they would make a killing there. Clearly not.
Old 29-07-2020, 13:32   #7824
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Pssst Old Boy. https://advanced-television.com/2020...-form-in-2019/

Quote:
Despite declines in viewership, linear television still remains the dominant form of TV viewing for consumers across the US, UK and other major economies, according to Omdia.

Linear TV accounted for 63 per cent of television viewing in the US in 2019, compared to 16 per cent for long-form viewing and 12 per cent for PVR time-shifted television, as reported by the Omdia Cross-Platform Television Viewing Time Report – 2020.

Linear TVs share of television viewing declined from 67 per cent in 2018. Similar trends occurred in most of the other countries tracked by the report. The report covering television viewership trends in the US, Australia, the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Germany, France and the UK.
Old 29-07-2020, 13:45   #7825
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Yes, I saw this, but decided not to post anything in the linear thread as it adds nothing to the debate and would just draw hostility from the usual quarters. It's all part of the long decline I've been talking about over the last few years that I believe will take place.

The linear viewing figures are still holding up well so far against the competition. The big question is whether this trend will accelerate, decline or continue in a fairly straight line.

In the meantime, Mr K I am sure would be interested in a new archive tv streaming service which will air a lot of old ABC TV programmes for the first time since originally shown, although I dare say he wouldn't actually part with any money to get it!

Hello, Mr K, you there?

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2020...rk-programmes/
Old 29-07-2020, 14:07   #7826
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Yes, I saw this, but decided not to post anything in the linear thread as it adds nothing to the debate and would just draw hostility from the usual quarters. https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2020...rk-programmes/
l would call it more differences of opinion rather then hostility from the usual quarters OB.

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Quote:
It's all part of the long decline I've been talking about over the last few years that I believe will take place.

You can believe all you want OB but believing about something does not ordinarily mean that what you believe in will take place.

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

Quote:
The linear viewing figures are still holding up well so far against the competition. The big question is whether this trend will accelerate, decline or continue in a fairly straight line.

Do l sense a backtracking of what you originally believed would happen.
Old 29-07-2020, 14:11   #7827
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Yes, I saw this, but decided not to post anything in the linear thread as it adds nothing to the debate and would just draw hostility from the usual quarters. It's all part of the long decline I've been talking about over the last few years that I believe will take place.

In the meantime, Mr K I am sure would be interested in a new archive tv streaming service which will air a lot of old ABC TV programmes for the first time since originally shown, although I dare say he wouldn't actually part with any money to get it!

Hello, Mr K, you there?

I'd like to thank you for that ABC link too as it is something i'd certainly be interested in.
Old 29-07-2020, 14:54   #7828
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
With 63% linear and 13% time-shifted recordings that doesn't leave a lot for Streaming.

What is 16% long form viewing??
Old 29-07-2020, 15:17   #7829
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
With 63% linear and 13% time-shifted recordings that doesn't leave a lot for Streaming.

What is 16% long form viewing??
More than 20 minutes, apparently. So separating Netflix etc from TikTok etc.
Old 29-07-2020, 17:13   #7830
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Odeon owner and Universal agree on streaming deal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53579435
Closed Thread