Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus (OLD)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Coronavirus (OLD)
Closed Thread

Old 29-06-2020, 16:13   #4276
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Oh dear, New Zealand screwed up.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...b-global-en-GB
Advertisement
Old 29-06-2020, 16:15   #4277
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
But at a new pub or new ales or new to me I like to sample them before committing and the silly idea of ordering by app - I don't have a phone.
I usually order a regular beer I know of or if I am experimenting I'll just chance it. Doing that that only gone terribly wrong once.

Besides this weekend it's just a safe-standard beer situation.
Old 29-06-2020, 16:30   #4278
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
But at a new pub or new ales or new to me I like to sample them before committing and the silly idea of ordering by app - I don't have a phone.
Time to buy one then, tweetie. You are behind the times!
Old 29-06-2020, 16:57   #4279
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Old news (June 19th).

Most recent cases are all returning from overseas - there’s no recorded community transmission as they tend to get found in quarantine.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/hea...-covid19-cases

The system is working.
Old 29-06-2020, 21:10   #4280
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

BREAKING: Health Secretary, Matt Hancock has tonight announced in the House of Commons that the easing of the lockdown due on 4th July will now not take place in Leicester due to a rise in Covid-19 cases there.
  • Non-essential shops to close tomorrow in Leicester.
  • Schools in Leicester will close on Thursday.
  • Entry/exiting in/out to Leicester will be banned ⛔️.
  • People in Leicester are strongly urged to stay at home.
Old 29-06-2020, 21:35   #4281
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

why the rise in cases,have they done something different to the rest of the country.
Old 29-06-2020, 22:09   #4282
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Just when you think things might start to improve.
Link

Quote:
A new strain of flu that has the potential to become pandemic has been identified in China by scientists.
It emerged recently and is carried by pigs, but can infect humans, they say.
The researchers are concerned that it could mutate further so that it can spread easily from person to person, and trigger a global outbreak.
They say it has "all the hallmarks" of being highly adapted to infect humans - and needs close monitoring.

The virus, which the researchers call G4 EA H1N1, can grow and multiply in the cells that line the human airways.
They found evidence of recent infection starting in people who worked in abattoirs and the swine industry in China.
The immune systems of Pigs and Humans are similar. That is why viruses can quickly make the jump from pigs to humans.
Old 29-06-2020, 23:59   #4283
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
why the rise in cases,have they done something different to the rest of the country.
There's a lot of Asian people live in Leicester, so that may have some bearing. They are more suseptible to Covid-19 and, as was discussed previously, their living arrangements and social/religeous gatherings might contribute to easier transmission of the virus.
Old 30-06-2020, 00:34   #4284
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Bad luck?
Old 30-06-2020, 13:24   #4285
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Did Dominic Cummings stop there for a toilet break on his travels to and from Durham, perhaps?
Old 30-06-2020, 14:39   #4286
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Did Dominic Cummings stop there for a toilet break on his travels to and from Durham, perhaps?
No but the mayor broke lock down,so i suppose everyone else would have been able to break lockdown following his example
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-53048566

Sir Peter Soulsby admitted visiting Lesley Summerland and staying at her house overnight before government guidelines allowed it.

The Sun on Sunday published pictures of the former Leicester South MP fitting a window to Ms Summerland's home.

Sir Peter said "far more influential people" had flouted the lockdown rules.

At the beginning of lockdown, England's deputy chief medical officer warned against partners living in separate households meeting up.
Old 30-06-2020, 16:55   #4287
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
No but the mayor broke lock down,so i suppose everyone else would have been able to break lockdown following his example
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-53048566

Sir Peter Soulsby admitted visiting Lesley Summerland and staying at her house overnight before government guidelines allowed it.

The Sun on Sunday published pictures of the former Leicester South MP fitting a window to Ms Summerland's home.

Sir Peter said "far more influential people" had flouted the lockdown rules.

At the beginning of lockdown, England's deputy chief medical officer warned against partners living in separate households meeting up.
But Dominic Cummings DIDN'T meet up with others.
Old 30-06-2020, 17:09   #4288
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
But Dominic Cummings DIDN'T meet up with others.
Except all the people at Downing Street, when he went back to work after running from Downing Street when his wife rang him - as was reported at the time...
Quote:
27 March: Mr Cummings is seen leaving 10 Downing Street. "I suddenly got a call from my wife who was looking after our four-year-old child. She told me she suddenly felt badly ill." He went home, but after a couple of hours his wife felt better and he returned to work.

That Evening: Mr Cummings went on to explain - "That evening I returned home and discussed the situation with my wife. She was ill. She might have Covid although she did not have a cough or a fever." Mr Cummings said many people he worked closely with, including the PM, had had symptoms or were absent with symptoms. He said: "I thought there was a distinct probability that I had already caught the disease."
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 30-06-2020, 18:18   #4289
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I usually order a regular beer I know of or if I am experimenting I'll just chance it. Doing that that only gone terribly wrong once.

Besides this weekend it's just a safe-standard beer situation.
If you order a Corona lager, you might find people give you a wide enough berth at the bar to enable you to keep to the social distancing rules.
Old 30-06-2020, 18:36   #4290
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Except all the people at Downing Street, when he went back to work after running from Downing Street when his wife rang him - as was reported at the time...
As your quote says, "his wife felt better and he returned to work.". All the fuss WASN'T about that. The fuss all happened, BEFORE that explanation. So all completely irrelevant.
Closed Thread