Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What are you watching right now?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

What are you watching right now?

Old 11-06-2020, 21:42   #1531
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: What are you watching right now?

My new monitor, courtesy of my generous employers
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-06-2020, 10:44   #1532
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Binge watching all of Taken.
Old 15-06-2020, 11:25   #1533
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Watched all of Titans in a few days. Next up is Doom Patrol
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 11:41   #1534
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Binge watching all of Taken.
Series or films?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2020, 12:11   #1535
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Series or films?
Thought Binge watching would give it away.

Watching the Series.
Old 27-06-2020, 18:57   #1536
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Finally got back into binge watching The Expanse in UHD and enjoying it so far.
Old 27-06-2020, 19:23   #1537
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

It is absolutely fantastic
Old 27-06-2020, 19:24   #1538
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
It is absolutely fantastic
Is it still running or has it ended, I'm on S2?
Old 27-06-2020, 19:44   #1539
General Maximus
Ran Away

Syfy cancelled it after season 3 and there was a massive uproar. Loads of famous people (e.g. George R R Martin) texted Jeff Bezos aka Mr Amazon and he got his tv chief to look at it, she was blown away and picked it up for a fourth season which aired last year and it has been renewed for a fifth season which is presumably in production. You should take a look at the The Expanse thread in this forum because a lot of links for the
campaign to get it renewed are in there. You had things like a plane flying over Amazon HQ for 2 days with a banner saying "save the expanse", cakes being delivered to the tv chiefs office and some of the fan made content put on youtube was fantastic. I haven't seen such an energised fan base since Jericho was cancelled. It really was the stupidest decision to make, this series is amazing and producers should be allowed to tell the full story like GoT. I think I read in SFX a while ago that it is based on a 9 book saga and the two dudes who write the books have just finished (back then) writing the ninth book. So the good thing for Amazon is that they know exactly where they are heading story wise and can plan everything. You'll see a massive different between season 1-3 and season 4. Amazon have thrown a tonne of money at it to expand the locations and bring it to its full potential and it is very humbling from a fan's point of view to see such a superb scifi series given the respect it deserves.
Old 27-06-2020, 19:59   #1540
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Thanks for the detailed reply.
Old 27-06-2020, 20:05   #1541
General Maximus
Ran Away

Np, i consider it a civic duty to spread the word and get as many people to watch it as poss. People like to take the mickey out if me for how fussy i am with what i like and watch. The Expanse is perfection as far as i am concerned; proper serious quality scifi. That being said, i have just shot myself in the foot looking up the premiere date for season 5.
Old 27-06-2020, 21:16   #1542
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

I had read the books . . before finding out there was a TV series.

I don't normally take to 'TV adaptations' of books I've enjoyed, but the series was was excellent

to be honest, I think I need to catch up with the book Tiamat’s Wrath

*goes to check*
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 21:21   #1543
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Np, i consider it a civic duty to spread the word and get as many people to watch it as poss. People like to take the mickey out if me for how fussy i am with what i like and watch. The Expanse is perfection as far as i am concerned; proper serious quality scifi. That being said, i have just shot myself in the foot looking up the premiere date for season 5.
l would not say anybody is taking the mickey out of you General as its more a case of some others offering a differing opinion.
Old 27-06-2020, 21:42   #1544
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
If its not got a phone box that can travel through time and space i'm not interested (and no, I don't mean 'Bill and ted's excellent adventure' )

p.s. 'serious scifi' is boring, but its good to have a choice
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2020, 21:59   #1545
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
If its not got a phone box that can travel through time and space i'm not interested (and no, I don't mean 'Bill and ted's excellent adventure' )

p.s. 'serious scifi' is boring, but its good to have a choice
we shall agree to disagree because you and I are polar opposites. I think Dr Who is an absolute disgrace and should be banned from tv.