Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The PS4 Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

The PS4 Thread
View Poll Results: Will you buy the ps4
Never 25 28.09%
Maybe 22 24.72%
Defo 37 41.57%
No sure 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-05-2020, 13:13   #436
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The PS4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I've not seen any of the rumoured prices or game lists yet. Will probably end up getting a few things.
A few prices are here across UK/USA, you maybe interested in Astro Bot for $10.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020...ames-and-more/
Old 23-05-2020, 13:20   #437
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Astrobot is a steal at that price. I tried the demo last week and it was so much fun.

Last edited by Stephen; 23-05-2020 at 14:12.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 13:37   #438
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Astronomy is a steal at that price. I tried the demo last week and it was so much fun.
Have you bought your move controllers yet?
Old 23-05-2020, 14:14   #439
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Yes I managed to get them after just a few days. £52 from Amazon. There was a 12% discount when I ordered them.
Old 23-05-2020, 15:08   #440
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Yes I managed to get them after just a few days. £52 from Amazon. There was a 12% discount when I ordered them.
Good price I still never use all my vr stuff, I need to sell it.
Old 23-05-2020, 23:00   #441
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

I hope to get the aim controller at some point too for farpoint and some other fps games.
Old 24-05-2020, 20:38   #442
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Just tried the iron Man VR demo. If you have VR give it a shot it's really good and fun to play. Glad it's a full proper game and not just an experience like the Spider-Man one was.

I'll certainly be purchasing it.
Old 24-05-2020, 21:09   #443
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Just tried the iron Man VR demo. If you have VR give it a shot it's really good and fun to play. Glad it's a full proper game and not just an experience like the Spider-Man one was.

I'll certainly be purchasing it.
I have the motion sickness but may give it a go.
Old 24-05-2020, 21:12   #444
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I have the motion sickness but may give it a go.
They movement and flight of iron man is really well done. Hopefully it doesn't make you feel sick.

You get a tutorial level and then a mission from the start of the game. It was quiet a large file size too for a demo.
Old 25-05-2020, 11:14   #445
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Days of Play started today from retailers if you're interested in disk based games, no aim controller deals yet for you.

Personally i am 100% digital now so i have to wait from 3rd June.
Old 25-05-2020, 11:21   #446
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Days of Play started today from retailers if you're interested in disk based games, no aim controller deals yet for you.

Personally i am 100% digital now so i have to wait from 3rd June.
l have a few digital games but l much prefer the physical copy of games.
Old 25-05-2020, 17:56   #447
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Call of Duty: WWII will be part of Junes PS Plus June lineup and will be available early from 26th May.

---------- Post added at 16:56 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l have a few digital games but l much prefer the physical copy of games.
Always wondered why someone prefers physical disks, is it so you can stare at it on the shelf and feel like you own it?

Surely you would benefit alot from not having to get out of your chair to swap disks all the time?

I moved to digital as it worked out alot cheaper than buying a disk as i bought in sales and the convenience of not getting on my hands and knees every time i wanted to play a different game.
Old 25-05-2020, 18:24   #448
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Good game, although I do own the physical game disc. Wonder what the other game will be? Can't be worse than Farming SIM, lol.

I do buy a lot of digital games now, usually when they are on sale. However for my Switch I still by physical as Nintendo games always hold value. I also get physical if it's a franchise I am heavily into. However I love the convenience of not swapping discs fom digital.

I just worry with digital games that in future I will no longer be able to play them when the stores go offline. Where as my physical copies will always work. I still have a small collection of retro consoles and games going back to the 16 bit era.
Old 26-05-2020, 06:35   #449
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Always wondered why someone prefers physical disks, is it so you can stare at it on the shelf and feel like you own it?

Call me old fashioned but it just feels better owning your own copy as its a bit like someone who owns their own physical copy of a Album or a old 45.

---------- Post added at 05:32 ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 ----------

Quote:
Surely you would benefit alot from not having to get out of your chair to swap disks all the time?
Its at a height where l don't really have to bend down so its far easier then the usual position one would have a console in which l did in the old days.

---------- Post added at 05:35 ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 ----------

Quote:
I moved to digital as it worked out alot cheaper than buying a disk as i bought in sales and the convenience of not getting on my hands and knees every time i wanted to play a different game.
l can understand the digital point of view some have but would you not be better having your PS4 positioned higher up SnoopZ?.

Last edited by denphone; 26-05-2020 at 07:05.
denphone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2020, 10:20   #450
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Call me old fashioned but it just feels better owning your own copy as its a bit like someone who owns their own physical copy of a Album or a old 45.

---------- Post added at 05:32 ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 ----------

Position wouldn't make a difference for me, I just don't like changing disks as it's a huge hassle and it'll be even easier when the PS5 comes out as load times will be pretty much instant.

Its at a height where l don't really have to bend down so its far easier then the usual position one would have a console in which l did in the old days.

---------- Post added at 05:35 ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 ----------

l can understand the digital point of view some have but would you not be better having your PS4 positioned higher up SnoopZ?.

---------- Post added at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 ----------

Not sure how my reply appeared in your quote! Not going to edit on mobile.