Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 21-05-2020, 22:05   #631
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Actually Virgin are not the UK' most complained pay TV operator as that award goes to BT.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/bt.com

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.sky.com
I think you must have missed the link, here it is again:

https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2020...y-tv-operator/

Quote:
Virgin Media has claimed the unfortunate title of being the most complained about pay TV operator in the UK, according to Ofcom.

The media regulator has published its Q4 2019 consumer complaints data, and while consumers have had less truck with operators across the board the Liberty Global brand is still the pick of the pack.

According to the data provided by Ofcom, Virgin Media saw an average of nine complaints per 100,000 customers in the quarter in regards to its TV operations. By contrast, Sky TV was the least complained about with only an average of two complaints per 100,000 customers.

TalkTalk was the second most complained about with eight complaints per 100,000 customers – slightly higher than BT which saw an average of seven complaints per 100,000 customers.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-05-2020, 03:14   #632
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Actually Virgin are not the UK' most complained pay TV operator as that award goes to BT.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/bt.com

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.virginmedia.com

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.sky.com
Do BT even have their own tv service anymore? They sold their soul to SKY didn't they?
As for VMTV less said about those clowns the better.

---------- Post added at 02:14 ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post

You should know by now mate Virgin media can do no wrong in some peoples eyes.
Old 22-05-2020, 05:17   #633
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

BT tv still goes with the option of adding NOW tv to the EPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Do BT even have their own tv service anymore? They sold their soul to SKY didn't they?
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 06:08   #634
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
As for VMTV less said about those clowns the better.

---------- Post added at 02:14 ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 ----------

You should know by now mate Virgin media can do no wrong in some peoples eyes.
They all have their weaknesses and strengths and Virgin Media are no different in that respect.
Old 22-05-2020, 12:43   #635
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
They all have their weaknesses and strengths and Virgin Media are no different in that respect.
You just said exactly what i've been telling people for ages mate, every tv provider has their good and bad.

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
BT tv still goes with the option of adding NOW tv to the EPG.
Thanks mate.
Old 22-05-2020, 17:04   #636
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:

Waiting for virgin media rep gto call around and hold a gun my head to sign a contract. O yes it's MY choice . Vote with your credit card .other choices are available!
Old 22-05-2020, 17:33   #637
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Here’s the source article - ironically, most complaints were about how complaints were handled...

Quote:
Virgin Media remained the most complained-about pay-TV provider, with handling of complaints being the primary reason.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 23:02   #638
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Here’s the source article - ironically, most complaints were about how complaints were handled...
I can believe that. A neighbour wrote to the CEO on my advice because frontline staff were giving him the runaround.

After waiting ages for a reply he got a holding email and then a letter arrived. It was simply copy/paste waffle and the last sentence actually said he had to go to their regulator and if he emailed them again they would 'consider disconnecting all his services'!!!

I was gobsmacked. As he's out of contract he's gone to Sky to save them the bother; do they really expect people to tolerate this
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 08:26   #639
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Most companies will rather loose a customer who winges straight to the top when the companies own investigations show the complaints are unfounded or the customer has not followed procedures.
Their compaints team will deal with issues and take any action they deem necessary.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 13:27   #640
trevrpb
WeatherManTrev

Services: ultimate oomph bundle M500
trevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nice

[QUOTE=newapollo;36030017]I'm on the Ultimate Oomph package and have been credited £36.25 for Sky and BT Sports from 23rd March.

Was really silly of me, I never got round to doing this when I should have done, despite advising a friend of mine to do it when it was first initiated as he was under the impression only Sky were doing this and Virgin wasn't offering it.

I'm on the Ultimate pack as well and I've only just today submitted my request to pause both Sky and BT Sports so have paid at least 2months that I could have had paused. Not sure how much longer this is going to be available for now and will obviously depend on Sky and BT as to how much longer.

TrevP
trevrpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 13:40   #641
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

A factor for VM with TV problems is the very nature of the distribution process. Each area of the country has equipment and connections, each of which can fail.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 15:00   #642
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Cool Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
My Guess is that in the past virgin used to give in to any moaner , discounts etc. Me included .Now they are less inclined do do so .That brings the moaners out in hoards (no names but guess most here can think of one or two) as l said before vote with your credit/standing order. Moaners try asking your utilities company of a lower price at the end of your contact.
Old 24-05-2020, 16:37   #643
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

TiVo is reporting that Challenge +1 (Channel 230) is set to close on June 1st at 6am.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 14:16   #644
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
TiVo is reporting that Challenge +1 (Channel 230) is set to close on June 1st at 6am.
According to TV Guide channel lists Challenge +1 will not be closing on 1st June. They are still showing broadcast listings for the channel on Virgin, Sky and Freesat
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 14:43   #645
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by newapollo View Post
According to TV Guide channel lists Challenge +1 will not be closing on 1st June. They are still showing broadcast listings for the channel on Virgin, Sky and Freesat
It may only be closing on Cable. MB didn't say it was closing on all platforms, simply report the message it shows currently on the EPG on VM.

Sometimes these closing notices on the EPG come to nothing, but they are correct more often than not.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote