Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Why am I limited to 200mb speed?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Why am I limited to 200mb speed?

Old 21-05-2020, 17:45   #1
a01020304
cf.member

Services: 200mb Broadband
a01020304 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why am I limited to 200mb speed?

I have virgin M200 speed and when i log into account it says i am on highest speed available and cannot upgrade to anything higher.

But when check as a new customer I am offered 100, 200, 350 and 1000mb speeds.

So why is existing customers not allowed the 350 or 1000 speeds?
I do not want higher but just curious why existing is not allowed 350 or 1000 yet new ones can get it (and yes am in a location that has 1000 capability)
a01020304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2020, 18:32   #2
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Re: Why am I limited to 200mb speed?

Because its not available in your area ?

Not everyone can get 1000 either, I cant atm.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 18:39   #3
a01020304
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

my area is 1000mb capable and activated it was one of the first to get it
Old 21-05-2020, 18:40   #4
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Quote:
Best to phone them up.
Old 21-05-2020, 18:40   #5
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by a01020304 View Post
I have virgin M200 speed and when i log into account it says i am on highest speed available and cannot upgrade to anything higher.

So why is existing customers not allowed the 350 or 1000 speeds?
I do not want higher but just curious why existing is not allowed 350 or 1000 yet new ones can get it (and yes am in a location that has 1000 capability)
Look at last line beated to it !
Old 21-05-2020, 18:41   #6
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Phone them. If you have an old hub they probably want to swap it out.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 18:45   #7
a01020304
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Phone them. If you have an old hub they probably want to swap it out.
i have hub 4, and yes am in 1gb area and so has local virgin engineer (he lives in my building, he has 1gb installed as he gets it for free due to his job)

phone them, now thats a joke, its nigh impossible to speak to them let alone understand them

but as i said i do not want higher, its just why have i not got option to upgrade to faster when i know its available
Old 21-05-2020, 18:51   #8
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

If you can't be bothered asking them and don't want the service why are you asking us?

If the service is available in your area they will sell you it. Why they won't do it online is a mystery but one you're clearly not that keen to resolve.

I've retention deals on two accounts and it doesn't let me make any package changes online.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2020, 18:56   #9
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by a01020304 View Post
i have hub 4, and yes am in 1gb area and so has local virgin engineer (he lives in my building, he has 1gb installed as he gets it for free due to his job)

phone them, now thats a joke, its nigh impossible to speak to them let alone understand them

but as i said i do not want higher, its just why have i not got option to upgrade to faster when i know its available
How did you manage to get a Hub4 when you're only on 200?
Old 21-05-2020, 18:59   #10
a01020304
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
How did you manage to get a Hub4 when you're only on 200?
everyone that uses virgin in my building was given one, there are 10 that use virgin in my building. the friendly neighbour engineer installed them all. they were sent out by yodel and he installed them and checked everything was fine.
Old 21-05-2020, 19:11   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I'm not aware why Virgin Media would send kit out by Yodel to then be installed by an engineer.

It's Yodel for self installation or the engineer brings the kit they need to install.
Old 21-05-2020, 19:13   #12
a01020304
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I'm not aware why Virgin Media would send kit out by Yodel to then be installed by an engineer.

It's Yodel for self installation or the engineer brings the kit they need to install.
they were delivered to his flat, not individual ones. (distance isolation means he cannot collect them from his local enigineer depot). all were delivered and installed in feburary. he is still getting hubs, cable and equipment delivered to his door as of yesterday.

Last edited by a01020304; 21-05-2020 at 19:16.
Old 21-05-2020, 19:36   #13
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Again no idea what's gone on there though

Hub 4s are supposed to be for Gigabit customers only, apart from where Virgin Media proactively offer one out to a customer for specific reasons.

There isn't any situation where a whole building should get them for no obvious reason.
Old 21-05-2020, 19:40   #14
a01020304
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Again no idea what's gone on there though

Hub 4s are supposed to be for Gigabit customers only, apart from where Virgin Media proactively offer one out to a customer for specific reasons.

There isn't any situation where a whole building should get them for no obvious reason.
thats obviously something between virgin and the engineer, but the issue is why 350 or 1000 not offered to me as an upgrade option as an existing customer yet new customers are offered all speeds
Old 21-05-2020, 19:44   #15
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I assume you are not logged in to see what "new customers" are offered ?
In which case maybe it just lists all options.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote