Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 16-05-2020, 15:05   #586
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
The 'updated' May versions of the Channel Guide PDFs have been published, and as none of the mistakes have been corrected, I think the only change they have made is the month!

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...-channel-guide

Desktop:
https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...de_May2020.pdf

Mobile:
https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...le_May2020.pdf

It's got the wrong channel number for Prime Video. It's on 205, not 228.

Sony Crime Channel on 193 is missing.

Comedy Central HD and MTV HD are now included in Mix and Fun, so should have a tick in columns 2 and 3.

Discovery HD and Animal Planet HD are now included in Fun, so should have a tick in column 3.

Nat Geo WILD is no longer on 264, only the HD version exists on 265.
Totally incompetent as per usual.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-05-2020, 15:21   #587
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Totally incompetent as per usual.
glad you have nothing more to worry about. and why should anyone using virgin be worried about it is a puzzle to me !
Old 16-05-2020, 23:08   #588
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Jj20x has reported this on Forumbox:

‘The overnight changes show that the hidden channel update slates have been assigned to channels 278 to 284 and channel 298 - so an indication that VM's block of lifestyle channels may shortly be on the move to new slots. According to the scanner's notes, the slates are not yet visible, so no indication of where the channels are moving to’.
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 00:43   #589
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Jj20x has reported this on Forumbox:

‘The overnight changes show that the hidden channel update slates have been assigned to channels 278 to 284 and channel 298 - so an indication that VM's block of lifestyle channels may shortly be on the move to new slots. According to the scanner's notes, the slates are not yet visible, so no indication of where the channels are moving to’.
We were discussing it from post number 579. Easily missed though.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 14:03   #590
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
There's gaps in the Factual channel numbering at 248-249, 253-255 and 262-264. Assuming the new Sky channels take up 4 (2 HD, 2 SD) and the existing channels don't want jumped over, I can see a reorganising of this and a knock-on reorganisation of Lifestyle after. Though the slates for Lifestyle appearing first seems odd if it was that.

Another possibility is Lifestyle may be merged into General Entertainment numbering or moved closer as the 231-244 range is empty.
Virgin Media has got more then 14 channels free in the Entertainment area to put the Lifestyle channels into.

Channels numbers Free as of May 17th (UK Wide):

So any sister channel around that area can be put beside it brother channel.

163. S4C HD (Beside BBC Channels - moved from channel 166.)
166. An Sky branded channel
188. Sony Channel
189. Sony Channel +1
206. An Sky branded channel
210. Blaze (Moved from Channel 216.)
215. Food Network
216. HGTV
217. Home & Health
218. Discovery Shed
219. Travel Channel
220. Vice (Moved from Channel 219.)*
221. HGTV +1
223. Home & Health +1
224. God Channel
225. Horse + Country

*Or Virgin can put Travel Channel on Channel 220 to keep Vice on Channel 219.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 17-05-2020 at 14:10.
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 16:48   #591
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

I’m surprised Virgin haven’t done what Sky has and put all entertainment, factual and lifestyle channels into one section titled ‘general entertainment’.
Aguero9320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 17:05   #592
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I’m surprised Virgin haven’t done what Sky has and put all entertainment, factual and lifestyle channels into one section titled ‘general entertainment’.
Look like something will happen on or around May 27th when Sky Documentaries, Sky History, Sky History 2 and Sky Nature launch.

We will know more this coming Tuesday (May 19th) when the TV Listings books will be out at your local shops and Supermarkets.

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

Base on TiVo listings Love Nature HD is still broadcasting on May 27th.
Old 17-05-2020, 18:06   #593
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
That would be hideous in my opinion. I can't find anything easily on the Sky EPG, the numbering is a mess.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 18:24   #594
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
That would be hideous in my opinion. I can't find anything easily on the Sky EPG, the numbering is a mess.
I agree. I don't want a jumbled up mess of an EPG like on Sky. The current genres on VM should be maintained, it's much easier to navigate.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 20:08   #595
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age

And besides, Sky's programming boss said recently that they recognise the importance of distinct genres and that was why they were launching new factual channels, so viewers can find documentaries more easier on their EPG.
Old 17-05-2020, 21:29   #596
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
glad you have nothing more to worry about. and why should anyone using virgin be worried about it is a puzzle to me !
You have nothing to worry about because you don't pay for your VM services!
Old 18-05-2020, 00:26   #597
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Virgin Media UK has confirmed that HUM MASALA will stop broadcasting via the Red Button on Virgin UK Channel 833 from June 6th.
Old 18-05-2020, 01:00   #598
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Agreed
Old 18-05-2020, 15:18   #599
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You have nothing to worry about because you don't pay for your VM services!
And you are leaving soon ! Yes I do pay for a number properties that have virgin. But l really can not see why any one else with virgin would worry about such a silly thing ,unless they can't get attention any other way .So sad , Just looking forward to the day when liberty really take control. And then change the box for everyone from TiVo to theres
Old 18-05-2020, 22:47   #600
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
And you are leaving soon ! Yes I do pay for a number properties that have virgin. But l really can not see why any one else with virgin would worry about such a silly thing ,unless they can't get attention any other way .So sad , Just looking forward to the day when liberty really take control. And then change the box for everyone from TiVo to theres
Stealing VM TV services has the potential to affect every employee and customer of VM.

We'll have to wait and see what will happen to the TiVo & Horizon boxes following the merger with O2.