Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Can I pause my skysports package while there is no live football on ?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Can I pause my skysports package while there is no live football on ?

Old 24-04-2020, 21:46   #106
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Can I pause my skysports package while there is no live football on ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonespeaker View Post
Has anyone who has had a credit, been applied a 2nd credit for the 2nd bill since the option was available? I'm still unsure if this £27 was a one off payment or not.
Has it been a month since the date on your first credit?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-04-2020, 23:01   #107
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Has anyone who has had a credit, been applied a 2nd credit for the 2nd bill since the option was available? I'm still unsure if this £27 was a one off payment or not.
I think their system is not handling it well, I did the sky sports pause and got the 27 pound discount and then the sky and bt sport pause became available, after the last bill was paid, I only see the £9.25 discount, did the form again over a week ago it hasnt made any difference.

My parents account & my brothers also hasnt had a 2nd credit applied yet either
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2020, 12:18   #108
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
I think their system is not handling it well, I did the sky sports pause and got the 27 pound discount and then the sky and bt sport pause became available, after the last bill was paid, I only see the £9.25 discount, did the form again over a week ago it hasnt made any difference.

My parents account & my brothers also hasnt had a 2nd credit applied yet either
This was supposed to be a pause in either/both until resumption in live sports - why is one apparently working as it should whilst the other isn't?

Get a grip Virgin - it cannot be that difficult, or is it a case that sky refund is 3 times that for BT?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2020, 12:51   #109
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

It's taken a few days for me to recieve the confirmation email to say that the pause has gone through. A bit late for the credit to go onto the next bill due on May 1st so I imagine it will be applied on June 1st.
Old 27-04-2020, 13:05   #110
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
It's taken a few days for me to recieve the confirmation email to say that the pause has gone through. A bit late for the credit to go onto the next bill due on May 1st so I imagine it will be applied on June 1st.
I finally paused mine last Wednesday and received confirmation Friday.I doubt my credit will appear on my next bill which is due any day now.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 00:09   #111
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
This was supposed to be a pause in either/both until resumption in live sports - why is one apparently working as it should whilst the other isn't?

Get a grip Virgin - it cannot be that difficult, or is it a case that sky refund is 3 times that for BT?
Just checked, my account now has the full credit it should but my parents & brothers have none
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 07:45   #112
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Got my credit for BT Sports this month
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 08:49   #113
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs View Post
Just checked, my account now has the full credit it should but my parents & brothers have none
When did you complete the request forms for the pause compared with your parents and brothers?
Old 30-04-2020, 10:12   #114
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I finally paused mine last Wednesday and received confirmation Friday.I doubt my credit will appear on my next bill which is due any day now.
I got my Virgin Bill Tuesday and to my surprise I had two credits for Sky and BT sports.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 14:46   #115
Huxie
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Volt
Huxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about themHuxie has a spectacular aura about them

For info:

I applied to pause Sky Sports and BT Sport on 29/03/20.

Credit of £27.00 for Sky Sports and £9.25 for BT Sport duly applied to my account 31/03/20.

Same amounts automatically credited to my account today, 30/04/20.
Huxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:40   #116
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

It's been over a month now since I first applied for the credits to Sky Sports and BT Sports. I got a credit for one month, but this month's bill was generated today and I haven't been given the credit again. Dunno if repeat credits are a manual or automatic process but I'm not happy to have missed out.
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:28   #117
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
It's been over a month now since I first applied for the credits to Sky Sports and BT Sports. I got a credit for one month, but this month's bill was generated today and I haven't been given the credit again. Dunno if repeat credits are a manual or automatic process but I'm not happy to have missed out.
They should be given each month until live sports resume (at least that is what it said on the application process) - personally I would give Virgin a ring and complain
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 13:05   #118
newapollo
cf.addict

newapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant futurenewapollo has a brilliant future

On the VM Community forum staff have posted messages saying there was a glitch in the system that caused the credits on some accounts not to repeat. They are saying this is now fixed & there should be a double credit next month for anyone that missed it.

My second months credit should have been applied on my billing date 21st April, however because it wasn't showing I used the pause payment form again and the discounts for both SkySports and BT Sports are now showing as credits since 21st April, so they should be deducted from my upcoming bill.
newapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:02   #119
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
They should be given each month until live sports resume (at least that is what it said on the application process) - personally I would give Virgin a ring and complain
The credits have now appeared, but too late for the bill.
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 17:47   #120
andrewbrown
cf.addict

Services: TiVO, V+, XL TV, L Broadband and Superhub, M Phone
andrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to allandrewbrown is a name known to all

Yes, my bill came out on the 9th April. I had a credit applied 14th April. Obviously too late for the payment due 28th April, and credit has been taken off next bill. However, I kinda thought that another credit would generate within the May bill, which has arrived today, but it hasn't. I'm guessing now from the posts above that the new credit won't generate until 14.05.2020, and will therefore come off the following bill after that. I'll have a check at the end of the week.
andrewbrown is offline   Reply With Quote