Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2020)

Old 25-03-2020, 11:04   #391
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2020)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
No - I was explaining why it wasn’t "exclusive to Sky", not that it wasthe only PayTV provider.
I don't think anyone is claiming that Disney+ is exclusive to Sky, just that Sky have confirmed that they have agreed a deal to be the only pay-TV provider to provide Disney+ on their platform.

I would be delighted if Virgin Media were to provide Disney+ but what Sky are saying suggests that won't happen.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-03-2020, 12:16   #392
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
I think the term "exclusive to SKY" might be a clue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
I don't think anyone is claiming that Disney+ is exclusive to Sky, just that Sky have confirmed that they have agreed a deal to be the only pay-TV provider to provide Disney+ on their platform.

I would be delighted if Virgin Media were to provide Disney+ but what Sky are saying suggests that won't happen.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 12:43   #393
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Yeah tbf it did seem like i was saying exclusive to SKY i should of worded it better as in "SKY are the exclusive pay tv operator for Disney+ on their platform"
Old 25-03-2020, 13:02   #394
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post

What it suggests to me is that as now, it is true. It may not be true in a couple of weeks.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 13:06   #395
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What it suggests to me is that as now, it is true. It may not be true in a couple of weeks.
My my your memory is quite poor OB as don't you remember your Sky Atlantic coming soon predictions.
Old 25-03-2020, 14:14   #396
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
My my your memory is quite poor OB as don't you remember your Sky Atlantic coming soon predictions.
I don't see what this has to do with Sky Atlantic, Den. The arrival of Sky Atlantic on Virgin Media was never confirmed explicitly by Sky or VM. It always was speculation, sparked off by a Broadcast report which turned out to be far off the mark.

I am sure you don't deny the reports that Virgin are in talks with Disney + (they confirmed that they were, and that they have a long standing relationship with Disney) and of course Disney want their streamer on as many platforms as possible, as they themselves have said.

That Virgin haven't got it at launch is par for the course, but there is nothing to be gained by being negative about the prospect of it coming to VM.
Old 25-03-2020, 14:15   #397
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I agree. If the Sky deal was an exclusive then I'm sure they would have sung it from the rooftops.

The only pay TV provider for now, who knows in the future. Whether thats tomorrow, next month or whenever
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 18:53   #398
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Radio Times says its definately coming:
https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-d...-virgin-media/
The article may have been amended, but that is certainly not what they say now.

Quote:
Virgin users can still sign up for Disney Plus for £59.99 for an annual subscription or £5.99 a month. The service will allow you to have access (on your TV if it’s compatible), but it won’t be integrated with your Virgin Media account.

You can use it on your phone on the go or separately on your Smart TV and other devices. Shows are downloadable to watch later on Android phones and tablets, iPhones, iPads and Amazon Fire Tablets. Downloads last for 30 days.
Richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 20:03   #399
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Netflix buckles under pressure it seems https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...virus-21755230 Netflix down: Brits in coronavirus lockdown unable to watch streaming service
Old 26-03-2020, 13:07   #400
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Netflix buckles under pressure it seems https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...virus-21755230 Netflix down: Brits in coronavirus lockdown unable to watch streaming service
Storm in a teacup:
https://downdetector.co.uk/status/netflix/
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 00:20   #401
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

MTV 80’s will revert back to MTV Classic on 1st April

Channel 316
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 11:33   #402
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr View Post
The article may have been amended, but that is certainly not what they say now.
All this is saying is that Disney+ won't be integrated as it will be on Sky. So what? Nor is Netflix or Amazon so integrated and we manage all right, don't we? This is Sky and others trying to make something out of nothing.

Anything I bookmark from Netflix or Amazon is included in 'My Shows'. When I look for that programme under 'My Shows', I click on it and it takes me straight in. That's as integrated as we need, isn't it?

The words 'mountains' and 'molehills' come to mind....
Old 27-03-2020, 12:45   #403
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
All this is saying is that Disney+ won't be integrated as it will be on Sky. So what? Nor is Netflix or Amazon so integrated and we manage all right, don't we? This is Sky and others trying to make something out of nothing.

Anything I bookmark from Netflix or Amazon is included in 'My Shows'. When I look for that programme under 'My Shows', I click on it and it takes me straight in. That's as integrated as we need, isn't it?

The words 'mountains' and 'molehills' come to mind....
No it is saying that you can subscribe, but not on your Virgin Media box - you need to subscribe elsewhere - hence it states "The service will allow you to have access (on your TV if it’s compatible)". No TV is incompatible with Virgin Media, but not all Virgin Media subscribers will be able to watch Disney+ on their TV as they will not be getting it via Virgin Media.

They are instead saying that "You can use it on your phone on the go or separately on your Smart TV and other devices".

Netflix and Amazon only appear in "My Shows" because they are accessed via the Virgin Media box.
Richardr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 14:33   #404
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr View Post
No it is saying that you can subscribe, but not on your Virgin Media box - you need to subscribe elsewhere - hence it states "The service will allow you to have access (on your TV if it’s compatible)". No TV is incompatible with Virgin Media, but not all Virgin Media subscribers will be able to watch Disney+ on their TV as they will not be getting it via Virgin Media.

They are instead saying that "You can use it on your phone on the go or separately on your Smart TV and other devices".

Netflix and Amazon only appear in "My Shows" because they are accessed via the Virgin Media box.
Yes, I know, and as at now, that is true. It may not be true in a few weeks.

Don't give up hope yet, they are in talks. My guess is that we may get it when Hayu is taken off in early April.
Old 27-03-2020, 15:57   #405
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Yes, I know, and as at now, that is true. It may not be true in a few weeks.

Don't give up hope yet, they are in talks. My guess is that we may get it when Hayu is taken off in early April.
VM is not getting Disney+ on it's platform any time soon period.